Home Forums Movies Best Action Film of 2014 (so far)

Best Action Film of 2014 (so far)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
Tyler The Awe..
BrokenFan
babypook
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I had a similar poll last year, and for some random reason it popped into my head again today and I thought I would do another one, and I figured what the hell, better late than never.

I voted for How To Train Your Dragon 2, although I did like Dawn, Edge of Tomorrow and X-Men all very much as well. 

Ryan Lapierre
    Participant
    Topics:

Dawn was just brilliant so I voted for that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d probably go for Snowpiercer, with X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy up there, too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d probably go for Snowpiercer, with X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy up there, too.

Oh my Gosh! I totally forgot to put in Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s in now, but I’m sorry. 

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

You should rename this to best ‘blockbusters’ of 2014. Most of these have action pieces, but I wouldn’t call them straight up action films. 

ReplyCopy URL
    GraemeONeil
    Participant
    Topics:

People always complain about summer flicks, but I don’t see how you can have much gripe about this season. There’s been so many fantastic flicks: Godzilla, X-Men: Days Of Future Past, Edge Of Tomorrow, Snowpiercer, Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, and Guardians Of The Galaxy. All those flicks are gonna be some of my faves of 2014. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Eng
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve seen 5 of the 9, and right now I’d go with Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Tightly plotted, wonderfully directed, superbly acted, and spectacular and brutal action sequences. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

I very nearly picked ‘The Winter Soldier’ (very good action sequences), but I voted for ‘Snowpiercer’. That axe battle alone was worthy of the vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Isnt “Godzilla” an action-kinda creature film? Or is that covered under “other”?

I’m not even sure what ‘action film’ really means. A lot of running and dodging and ducking and shooting?

I know that films like, My Dinner With Andre doesnt apply, but still…..

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

^ An action film is a film that contains a lot of action. I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about it?

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Snowpiercer. With X Men and Dawn nipping at the heels. 

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

^ An action film is a film that contains a lot of action. I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about it?

Thank you Tyler. And what is ‘action’ again? To me that’s about 90% of the films out there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Troye
    Participant
    Topics:

I voted for HTTYD2, and I’ve watched all the films in the poll. Looking back, it’s interesting how I find an animated feature more gripping than all the other live action candidates. But that’s truly how I feel.

Fury or Interstellar (more likely the latter) may have a shot at stealing my top spot once they’re released, but Interstellar may be more of a drama judging from the trailers.

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

” An action film contains a lot of actions.” 

Hmm…What about ‘The Iron Lady’? There’s awful lot of walking involved in that movie. Walking is an action. So therefore, The Iron Lady must be an action movie. It’s perfectly clear now. Meryl Streep must be the first action heroine to win an Oscar. Keeps breaking records, doesn’t she? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Snowpiercer.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Best Action Film of 2014 (so far)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.