Home Forums Movies Best Actor: 1962

Best Actor: 1962

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
ETPhoneHome
Andrew Carden
vlaxym
  • darthvader12
    Participant
    Topics:

These are the Best Actor nominees for 1962. Feel free to vote for your pick.

ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

This is one of the hardest choices in the history of this category. Two career best performances from two of the all time best actors. I think Peck probably won very easily at the time, because O’Toole was so unknown at the time, but looking back, I would basically want a tie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Peck

“Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father is passin’ by.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Peck, though Lemmon and O’Toole are in prime form too. Mastroianni and Lancaster are solid too, just not quite in the same league.

ReplyCopy URL
    vlaxym
    Participant
    Topics:

Peck, but Lemmon and O’Toole are great as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    dinasztie
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s the most iconic role of Gregory Peck even though my absolute favorite performance of his is the seldom discusses Twelve O’Clock High, for which he easily deserved the Oscar. Peter O’Toole is arguably even more iconic – for that reason, I’d probably vote for him. At the time, however, Peck seemed like an obvious choice given both his overdue status and the impact of his work. 🙂

But then there’s Jack Lemmon, giving without question the performance of his career – it’s the most devastating and personal performance one can imagine. Just chilling, so in the end, no one can beat him in my mind. And, if I remember correctly, even Peck admitted that Lemmon was the most deserving candidate for the big prize.

The two other guys are wonderul additions to this truly iconic line-up. Mastroianni being hilarious and diabolical and Lancaster displaying his amazing skills once again. Really amazing.

ReplyCopy URL
    ziggy
    Participant
    Topics:

This is not a competition: Lemmon is heartbreaking. Peck does a career best turn too.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Jack Lemmon by far. His best work 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I watched To Kill a Mockingbird last night in honor of Gregory Peck’s 100th birthday.

His performance as Atticus Finch is simply masterful and beautifully understated.

In an interview shown on TCM after the film, Peck shared an anecdote from the first day of filming. It was the scene was Scout, Jem and Dill meet Atticus on his way home from work and walk past Mrs. DuBose on her porch. Author Harper Lee was present on set. Peck noted that he saw a tear slide down Lee’s cheek during the scene.

After the camera stopped rolling, Peck approached her. He asked about the emotion. She replied that he had a little pot belly just like her father. Peck said he straightened up and replied that was simply good acting.

ReplyCopy URL
    JayDF
    Participant
    Topics:

I could easily vote for anyone but Lancaster.  I’ll go with O’Toole.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Gach! What an incredible lineup…..

Mr Peck.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Best Actor: 1962

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.