Home Forums Movies Best Actor: 2013

Best Actor: 2013

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • darthvader12
    Participant
    Topics:

These are my Best Actor nominees for 2013. Feel free to vote for who your pick would be.

ziggy
    Participant
    Topics:

This is the one Leonardo should have won for. He is a force of nature in the film.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mad Max Guitarist
    Participant
    Topics:

YES, Leo had his career best performance in The Wolf of Wall Street. Shame he didn’t win for this role

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:
    1. Dern
    2. Ejiofor
    3. DiCaprio
    4. McConaughey
    5. Bale

Hanks would rank #2 for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Simon Luke
    Participant
    Topics:

McConaughey’s performance in Dallas Buyers Club is flawless and powerful. His breakdown in the car, his relationship to Jared Leto’s character, his inability to accept help… Dern is great in Nebraska, very subtle. I do not think that Wolf of Wallstreet is DiCaprio’s best.

1. McConaughey
    2. Dern
    3. Ejiofor
    4. DiCaprio
    5. Bale
    ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ejiofor should have won this. Phoenix for Her could replace Bale, Dern, and McConaughey.

ReplyCopy URL
    Michael Norris
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Ejiofor
    2. McConaughey
    3. Dern
    4. DiCaprio
    5. Bale 

ReplyCopy URL
    vlaxym
    Participant
    Topics:

McConaughey
    DiCaprio
    Dern
    Hanks
    Ejiofor

ReplyCopy URL
    TerenceFletcher
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Chiwetel Ejiofor
    2. Leonardo DiCaprio
    3. Matthew McConaughey
    4. Christian Bale
    5. Bruce Dern 

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

Ejiofor and McConaughey are so close for me, that I would have been fine with either winning. I think I would have preferred Ejiofor to have won if only because it would have given him more attention and more interesting roles. McConaughey has no trouble getting work in comparison, and Ejiofor is really one of the best actors working today. Both were deserving though, and I’m actually glad McConaughey has his Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Beastialg
    Participant
    Topics:

I choose Leo, but I’m happy McConaughey end up winning. Those 2 were by far the best options for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mad Max Guitarist
    Participant
    Topics:

Having rewatch 12 Years a Slave yesterday, I realize how amazing Ejiofor was in the film. He gives a masterful subtle and controlled performance that shines above all of his castmates. Still I’d put him 3rd behind Leo and McConaughey. That aside, I never ever understand the hype behing Lupita’s oscar winning performance. She was average in this, even Sarah Paulson in her limited screentime, gave a better performance in this film

ReplyCopy URL
    Nick
    Blocked
    Topics:

Ejiofor or DiCaprio should have won but McConaughey got that ass kissing attention just because he figured out the way to win an Oscar. Then the media all of sudden considered him this amazing actor and the public ate. It. The. Fuck. Up. The same thing is occurring with Bradley Cooper’s dull motherfuckin ass.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

I never ever understand the hype behing Lupita’s oscar winning performance. She was average in this, even Sarah Paulson in her limited screentime, gave a better performance in this film

Was Lupita really in that many more scenes than Paulson? I thought their screentime was quite even. That being said, I thought Ejiofor was overshadowed by Lupita, Paulson and Fassbender- I would’ve given the film a 2nd Supporting Actress nomination, and given Fassbender the win too.

I would’ve given Hanks the win, with Ejiofor 2nd. I fail to see how DiCaprio’s performance is being cited as “the best of his career”. I could name 10 of his performances that are better (of course this is subjective).

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I will never ever understand the hype behind Lupita’s Oscar winning performance.

She played a victim. Actresses win Oscars for playing them all the time. A role can win you the award over the performance. Her performance is fine.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.