Home Forums Movies Best Actor 2018

Best Actor 2018

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Honey
LaChienne
Bee
  • Brennan Merone
    Participant
    Topics:

My predicted nominees:
    1. Gary Oldman (Darkest Hour)
    2. Daniel Day-Lewis (Untitled PTA Project)
    3. Hugh Jackman (Greatest Showman)
    4. Benedict Cumberbatch (Current War)
    5. Matt Damon (Downsizing)

Other possibilities include: Matt Damon (Suburbicon), Tom Hanks (The Post), Chadwick Boseman (Marshall), Armie Hammer (Call Me By Your Name), Michael Fassbender (Snowman), Joaquin Phoenix (You Were Never Really Here), Domhnall Gleeson (Goodbye Christopher Robin), and James Franco (The Disaster Artist)

Your thoughts?

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Who cares about the actors j/k but Gary Oldman seems like he has an easy road to victory but let’s try:

– Benedict Cumberbatch – The Current War
    – James Franco – The Disaster Artist
    – Daniel Day-Lewis – (PTA Film)
    – Gary Oldman – The Darkest Hour
    – Michael Shannon – The Current War

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

PTA film release sounds very Silence-y. And if the rumors about the plot are true, then I don’t see the Academy actually being comfortable with it.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

PTA film release sounds very Silence-y. And if the rumors about the plot are true, then I don’t see the Academy actually being comfortable with it.

I haven’t heard any rumors about it, what do they say?

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

They say it’s about a man (Day Lewis) getting into a strange relationship with a woman and she turns him into the submissive and she’s the dominant. So a BDSM type of thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    golden012
    Participant
    Topics:

The PTA film sounds like a The Master pt 2. PTA’s been making those types of “inaccessible” films for a while now. If it is a “The Master” pt 2, then we can certainly expect Day-Lewis to get a nomination for Best Actor (more unlikely, a win) but the film to be snubbed from categories PTA was in for There Will Be Blood. The real battle here, in my mind, is between Gary Oldman and DDL, with Oldman way out in front as of now. I would say Timothee Chalamet, Matt Damon and Benedict Cumberbatch/Michael Shannon round out the five nominees (for now).

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Mine is

My predicted nominees:
    1. Gary Oldman (Darkest Hour)
    2. Daniel Day-Lewis (Untitled PTA Project)
    3. Hugh Jackman (Greatest Showman)
    4. Timothee Chalamet (Call Me By Your Name)
    5. Matt Damon (Downsizing)

With Tom Hanks (The Post, 3x 6th place nominee?), Woody Harrelson (Glaas Castle, if this is campaigned lead instead of supporting) and Armie Hammer (Call Me By Your Name, if campaigned in lead instead of Supporting) for now as alternates for now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is everyone getting behind Oldman? Churchill fatigue will happen by the end of the year with Gambon, Lithgow, Cox and Oldman all playing him. Meryl Streep will play him next. DDL is getting his fourth one this year. My predictions

Daniel Day-Lewis (PTA)
    Michael Fassbender (The Snowman)
    James Franco (The Disaster Artist)
    Tom Hanks (The Post)
    Michael Shannon (Current War)

ReplyCopy URL
    golden012
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is everyone getting behind Oldman? Churchill fatigue will happen by the end of the year with Gambon, Lithgow, Cox and Oldman all playing him. Meryl Streep will play him next. DDL is getting his fourth one this year. My predictions

Daniel Day-Lewis (PTA)
    Tom Hanks (The Post)

I think the Academy wants to relax with awarding DDL for now, and not give him his fourth until maybe a couple of years down the line. Oldman however, has only one nomination, and has undergone a complete transformation, similar to DDL in Lincoln. So its really Oldman who’s the frontrunner here. But who knows, you might be completely correct and DDL will get his fourth. It seems unlikely to me considering how he already got his third a few years earlier. I think DDL will have to do some There Will Be Blood level stuff to get his fourth Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Daniel Day-Lewis (PTA)
    Tom Hanks (The Post)

I think the Academy wants to kick back with DDL for now, and not give him his fourth until maybe a couple of years down the line. Oldman however, has only one nomination, and has undergone a complete transformation, similar to DDL in Lincoln. So its really Oldman who’s the frontrunner here.

I mean Gary Oldman is a veteran actor who’s been around for decades he’s close age to the average Academy voting body now (I think) and is one of the most versatile actors with a humongous and diverse movie and tv catalogue who has mastered doing a variety of different accents. Oscars like to award a veteran somewhere so maybe he’s the veteran this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Also when is the Toni Erdmann Jack Nicholson remake happening? Will it get a 2017 or 2018 release?

ReplyCopy URL
    golden012
    Participant
    Topics:

Also when is the Toni Erdmann Jack Nicholson remake happening? Will it get a 2017 or 2018 release?

No release date confirmed as of now.

What do people think of Timothee Chalamet’s prospects at the Oscars this year? It seems like he’s got a good chance at solidifying his future with a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

I know some people think the GG is irrelevant but if Oldman gets nominated in there, considering he’s basically blacklisted there, then we know he’s at least in the top 3 spot and a serious contender in the race not filler spot that Matt Damon will unfortunately take yet again.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

They say it’s about a man (Day Lewis) getting into a strange relationship with a woman and she turns him into the submissive and she’s the dominant. So a BDSM type of thing.

That is hot.
    Can’t wait for DDL campaigning with stuff like “I was a submissive slave for the whole filming period” LOL. Yeah I can see the film getting snubbed if the rumour is true but I still think he gets in.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I know some people think the GG is irrelevant but if Oldman gets nominated in there, considering he’s basically blacklisted there, then we know he’s at least in the top 3 spot and a serious contender in the race not filler spot that Matt Damon will unfortunately take yet again.

What, why?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
Reply To: Best Actor 2018

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.