This is a very interesting year for Best Actress, all the performances are so different and all are nomination worthy.
It was also an interesting year in regards to the race that year- Smith’s win was very surprising, but boy she deserved it!! What an amazing performance!!! Very well deserved win. She is magnificent. From what I’ve read, and from what ScottFerguson told me , Fonda, Minelli, and Bujold were all strong contenders to win. Smith definitely could not be ignored though.
1. Smith- Superb, amazing, ect
2. Bujold- Riveting, powerful, fantastic.
3. Fonda- Terrific, if a bit repetive due to the nature of the film
4. Minelli- She was originally second, but I forgot the film completely, need to see her again.
5. Simmons- She is quite strong and very vulnerable and hartbreaking in her performance, but the film is such a mess that it takes away from her performance.
Your thoughts? If you were follwing the Oscars then, did Smith’s win shock you? What do you think of the other nominees?
SMITH was the favorite and predicted winner before
the show and a couple of weeks earlier…The shocker
was nomination day when STREISAND was left off
the list in place of Simmons…My personal best was Fonda
for They Shoot Horses, Dont They?…..one of my all time
This was my order
As usual, for me..Minnelli was undeserving