Home Forums Movies Best Actress: 1978

Best Actress: 1978

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
ENGLAND
pacinofan
Andrew Carden
Best Actress: 1978
Ingrid Bergman (Autumn Sonata)
Jill Clayburgh (An Unmarried Woman)
Jane Fonda (Coming Home)
Geraldine Page (Interiors)
Liv Ullmann (Autumn Sonata)
  • darthvader12
    Participant
    Topics:

These are my Best Actress nominees for 1978. Feel free to vote for your pick.

ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Voted for Liv Ullman.

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Jill Clayburg by a mile.

I personally found Jane Fonda ridiculous in “Coming Home”. Phony as hell and her frizzy, hippy hair does a lot of her acting work for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Quite honestly, I don’t believe that any of these performances have aged well.

Given the opportunity, I would opt to recognize the fine comedic work of Goldie Hawn in Foul Play. There is a sweetness in her performance that engages the viewer to suspend disbelief and commit to the increasing zaniness of the plot twists.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

This should’ve been Clayburgh’s year, though Bergman’s brilliant too and Fonda’s win was hardly a travesty. Page is strong in Interiors but I think it’s pretty clearly a Supporting turn. I also like the Academy’s fifth nominee, Ellen Burstyn.

Not that she had a prayer of getting in but Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween would’ve been a boffo nominee.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    Joe Burns
    Participant
    Topics:

This should’ve been Clayburgh’s year, though Bergman’s brilliant too and Fonda’s win was hardly a travesty. Page is strong in Interiors but I think it’s pretty clearly a Supporting turn. I also like the Academy’s fifth nominee, Ellen Burstyn.

Not that she had a prayer of getting in but Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween would’ve been a boffo nominee.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

Agree on Page, she was very much supporting. Too bad that Clayburgh lost she was brilliant. Haven’t seen Bergman or Burstyn yet.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Best Actress: 1978

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.