Best Actress 2017 (III)

Home // Forums // Movies // Best Actress 2017 (III)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 524 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Again……

ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Veteran Huppert for the win!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Luan Queiroz
    Participant
    Topics:

My picks:

1) Emma Stone – La La Land (winner)
    2) Natalie Portman – Jackie
    3) Isabelle Huppert – Elle
    4) Amy Adams – Arrival
    5) Meryl Streep – Florence Foster Jeankins

For me, so far, Emma Stone has a similar scenario Jennifer Lawrence had in 2013. But, boy, Natalie Portman still has a shot. In my opinion, Ruth Negga deserves a nomination more than Streep (I love her, but FFJ is so weak).

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t have a pony in this race. My pony has died long time ago but I still had hope for its carcass to enter the race. Unfortunately it didn’t happen. My pony was too hot for its own good. When you’re that hot people do not see your talent, they only see your hotness and dismiss you for that. But this now carcass had everything: studio that spent lots of money on its campaign, fantastic reviews for the movie and of course the performance of this carcass and a very nice box office. But unfortunately awards bodies didn’t bite. Shame cause we all know that carcass would be much more deserving than the assumed frontrunner. Why am I talking about this? Because I don’t fucking care if Portman wins or not, I just want anyone to win but the anointed one. In a year as competitive as this one it’s quite offensive that assumed frontrunner is a fluff performance. And those who claim that her audition scenes were gold, have you silly bitches seen that little gem called In Her Shoes? Curtis Hanson who was ultimate actors director who got out of Cammy D probably the best audition scene I’ve ever witnessed on silver screen. In her one scene she has broken my heart to many pieces. You felt absolutely everything in that one scene. She showed every single emotion known to human kind. Something that Emma hasn’t achieved. Maybe it’s because Chazelle isn’t actors director or maybe because Stone is a mediocre actress but I haven’t witnessed it. Sorry. So do not call me Portman stan because I’m not stanning for her. I just don’t want to see Stone winning. That’s all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mathilda
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think it will come down to the SAG’s, if Emma wins then she is on the right path for her Oscar, but if Natalie wins, it will dent Emma’s chances.

Emma has already lost out on the critics choice and doesn’t have many critics awards under her belt compared to Isabelle Huppert and Natalie Portman who both have 10+.

From what I’m seeing on the likes of Twitter and through friends, Natalie is getting rave reviews for her performance from SAG-AFTRA voting members. Reason for this is because ‘Jackie’ is just Natalie. Members watch that and only focus on her, compared to La La Land where members watching will be overwhelmed from multiple musical scenes, Ryan and Emma. So when they go to check the list they remember Natalie in her dramatic performance in Jackie.

That’s my take on it anyway. I believe the Oscar is really unpredictable and it is between Emma, Natalie and Isabelle (who could pull a Marion Cotillard) that’s even if she gets a nomination, but I don’t see her not getting one.

ReplyCopy URL
    WBrennan637
    Participant
    Topics:

My sister just saw FFJ and thought that Meryl had a decent shot at winning. With the controversy surrounding her and Trump, could she surprise?

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

The thing with SAG-AFTRA voters is there are too fucking many of them. And most won’t even bother with watching screeners. They’re just gonna vote for the ones that Oscar prognosticators are predicting. They have sheep mentality. That’s why I expect to see Moonlight cast, Affleck, Stone, Ali and Davis to win Actors.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mathilda
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think she has a shot at the SAG, FFJ isn’t even being screened for members. I also don’t think she is gonna get an oscar nomination, and if she does I’ll be pretty annoyed.

I love Meryl, but FFJ is not an Oscar worthy role. Actresses and actors could go through years of movies even hoping to get a nomination or recognised but Meryl goes and does one comedy film and gets an oscar nom for it? Frustrates me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Borja Lopez
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t have a pony in this race. My pony has died long time ago but I still had hope for its carcass to enter the race. Unfortunately it didn’t happen. My pony was too hot for its own good. When you’re that hot people do not see your talent, they only see your hotness and dismiss you for that. But this now carcass had everything: studio that spent lots of money on its campaign, fantastic reviews for the movie and of course the performance of this carcass and a very nice box office. But unfortunately awards bodies didn’t bite. Shame cause we all know that carcass would be much more deserving than the assumed frontrunner. Why am I talking about this? Because I don’t fucking care if Portman wins or not, I just want anyone to win but the anointed one. In a year as competitive as this one it’s quite offensive that assumed frontrunner is a fluff performance. And those who claim that her audition scenes were gold, have you silly bitches seen that little gem called In Her Shoes? Curtis Hanson who was ultimate actors director who got out of Cammy D probably the best audition scene I’ve ever witnessed on silver screen. In her one scene she has broken my heart to many pieces. You felt absolutely everything in that one scene. She showed every single emotion known to human kind. Something that Emma hasn’t achieved. Maybe it’s because Chazelle isn’t actors director or maybe because Stone is a mediocre actress but I haven’t witnessed it. Sorry. So do not call me Portman stan because I’m not stanning for her. I just don’t want to see Stone winning. That’s all.

OMG You’re such a hater. It’s really pathetic to claim that Emma Stone is a mediocre actress, particularly seeing the amount of trash Natalie Portman has done in her career. Yes, maybe I could agree that Natalie is overall a better actress and her Black Swan performance is one of the best tour de forces I’ve ever seen, but calling Emma mediocre when she shone in every role she played is just silly. You should not fall so low.

ReplyCopy URL
    MartinR
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m thinking she will get nominated. Even just for historical sake for that 20th.

She’s wonderful and funny/touching. I had done a lot of reading up on the real woman for work and the script is incredibly close to what really transpired. Only the very last scene was done for cinematic sake. But many lines were things the woman really did say. I’m also thinking Taraji B. Henson could get into the five.  She’s wonderful in “Hidden Figures”

ReplyCopy URL
    Sasha
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh yes I’m hater. I’m also homophobic, racist, xenophobic, dim-witted cunt. Oh, and disgusting conservative bitch too. Have I forgotten something?

ReplyCopy URL
    Eduardo Galhardo
    Participant
    Topics:

My picks are:

1. Isabelle Huppert for Elle (winner)
    2. Emma Stone for La La Land
    3. Natalie Portman for Jackie
    4. Meryl Streep for Florence Foster Jenkins
    5. Amy Adams for Arrival

If i had to choose i would put Ruth Negga (Loving) instead of Amy Adams, who in my opinion is a really overrated actress.

(Follow “Mr Sunshine’s Movie Derby” on both Facebook and Instagram)

ReplyCopy URL
    Breno Lima
    Participant
    Topics:

My sister just saw FFJ and thought that Meryl had a decent shot at winning. With the controversy surrounding her and Trump, could she surprise?

She will get a nod but she doesn’t have a chance to win. Emma Stone, Natalie Portman and Isabelle Huppert are the ones in contention for that gold dildo.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh yes I’m hater. I’m also homophobic, racist, xenophobic, dim-witted cunt. Oh, and disgusting conservative bitch too. Have I forgotten something?

You’re a white supremacist sympathizer.

ReplyCopy URL
    KBDenis
    Participant
    Topics:

I think we’re underestimating Taraji P. Henson.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 524 total)
Reply To: Best Actress 2017 (III)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.