Best Actress 2018

Home // Forums // Movies // Best Actress 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 910 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +15 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Prideful
    Participant
    Topics:

I low-key want the nominations to be this:

1) Gwyneth Paltrow

2)Jennifer Lawrence

3) Brie Larson

4) Emma Stone

5) Meryl Streep

So I can read the meltdowns on the forum and make everyone forced to pick someone to win.

Hopefully this isn’t really the actual results lol…

ReplyCopy URL
    jasonface
    Participant
    Topics:

MOST LIKELY
    Dench
    Streep
    Ronan
    Lawrence
    Winslet
    Mara
    Dunst
    Chastain
    Pfeiffer
    Stone
    Larson
    Portman
    Theron
    LEAST LIKELY

In my opinion right now. And not even being biased at all (against Stone or Larson) because I’m not much of a Dench, Lawrence, or Winslet fan either but I think they have higher chances (over actresses I actually love like Mara, Dunst, Pfeiffer, Portman). But yeah this is what I feel as of now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Winslet hasn’t been deserving of a nomination since Little Children which was over a decade ago so maybe Wonder Wheel will be it.

ReplyCopy URL
    jasonface
    Participant
    Topics:

Winslet hasn’t been deserving of a nomination since Little Children which was over a decade ago so maybe Wonder Wheel will be it.

Agreed. Besides that, Eternal Sunshine, and Sense and Sensibility, the nominations she’s gotten have been pretty meh. She’d have been more deserving for her overlooked performances in Heavenly Creatures, Hamlet, Holy Smoke, even Quills.

I have a neutral feeling toward Wonder Wheel. Don’t think it will be as “strong” as Blue Jasmine, but I suppose we can never really count out Woody Allen with a female centric film, especially starring a favorite like Kate Winslet (who I don’t even love that much like people do but I prefer her to Cate Blanchett, who everyone on this site seems to be obsessed to an unnatural degree with).

ReplyCopy URL
    Prideful
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m curious if gold derby hated on Brie Larsons when she won the Oscars? It’s very evident on this site that people here are vocal about their dislike for J-Law and Emma, but I haven’t seen much hate on Brie.

I know J-law’s ego has flown up the roof passed her acting abilities and Emma has served Emma in every movie, but Brie comes off unlikeable IMO. Or people here just don’t care for her as they shouldn’t. I mean if one of them HAS to win another oscar…I’d pick j-law over the other 2.

ReplyCopy URL
    lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

I really liked her when she won the Oscar for Room, but her refusal of acting professional while awarding Casey Affleck this past award season has left a bad taste in my mouth. It was just disappointing how she couldn’t fake a smile and at least do what she was there to do.

I wonder if the thought of her “bff” Emma working with Woody Allen ever disappointed her. Probably not. Seriously, if you’re going to critique one person in the industry, you might as well go all out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Prideful
    Participant
    Topics:

I really liked her when she won the Oscar for Room, but her refusal of acting professional while awarding Casey Affleck this past award season season has left a bad taste in my mouth. It was just disappointing how she couldn’t fake a smile and at least do what she was there to do. I wonder if the thought of her “bff” Emma working with Woody Allen ever disappointed her. Probably not. Seriously, if you’re going to critique one person in the industry, you might as well go all out.

I agree with u 100% though for the casey thing, I do understand she’s supposedly an advocate against sexual assault/harassment, she could’ve handled it better than she did. I dont know wth she was doing in SAG when Denzel won and she just left the medal on the podium and patted Denzel’s back. Nobody forcing her to present the award….

its funny, I saw the DP/30 interview they did with her for Room on YouTube and they had to post that Brie came off fine to them and wasn’t mean/cold…..or something along the line. So clearly shes coming off the wrong way to people…

ReplyCopy URL
    kingfan011
    Participant
    Topics:

Just finished On Chesil beach. Loved it but if the move follows the book its going to be a very internal performance for Ronan. Could be something special or maybe too subtle for the Academy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Agreed. Besides that, Eternal Sunshine, and Sense and Sensibility, the nominations she’s gotten have been pretty meh. She’d have been more deserving for her overlooked performances in Heavenly Creatures, Hamlet, Holy Smoke, even Quills. I have a neutral feeling toward Wonder Wheel. Don’t think it will be as “strong” as Blue Jasmine, but I suppose we can never really count out Woody Allen with a female centric film, especially starring a favorite like Kate Winslet (who I don’t even love that much like people do but I prefer her to Cate Blanchett, who everyone on this site seems to be obsessed to an unnatural degree with).

Her acting in Revolutionary Road felt very robotic yet she was better than DiCaprio. And she was good in The Reader, but that wasn’t worthy of a win. And Steve Jobs was technical as fuck. Apparently Wonder Wheel has her acting very over the top according to some people I’ve talked to about the script and the project overall. I switch back and forth between her and Blanchett for who I prefer and even though I think Cate is eh at times, I’d consider her to be top dog, or one of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The thing with Brie Larson is that she deserved her win though I was very annoyed with her sweep since I didn’t think that type of performance was worthy of such. But the bitch is boring. Extremely dull. She has a very plain Jane personality. That’s why she isn’t big like Lawrence or gushed over like Stone. That’s not to say I like them over her.

ReplyCopy URL
    lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with u 100% though for the casey thing, I do understand she’s supposedly an advocate against sexual assault/harassment, she could’ve handled it better than she did. I dont know wth she was doing in SAG when Denzel won and she just left the medal on the podium and patted Denzel’s back. Nobody forcing her to present the award…. its funny, I saw the DP/30 interview they did with her for Room on YouTube and they had to post that Brie came off fine to them and wasn’t mean/cold…..or something along the line. So clearly shes coming off the wrong way to people…

She very well could be coming off the wrong way. Or she couldn’t, who knows. There was some interview where she said, “my actions speak for themselves.” I mean, really? Are we in high school? You couldn’t swallow your pride for 10 minutes and act neutral? I thought that was what growing up was all about…

Note: this fucking posting thing keeps either deleting or bolding my text?? I’m not intentionally deleting or reposting this text, sorry.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean, if he did do what he was accused of, then he’s a piece of shit and i wouldn’t blame her feeling that way. If he didn’t, then she should’ve acted neutral. But honestly, if Woody Allen’s career hasn’t been destroyed over his obviously freaky marriage, then Affleck will be fine.

ReplyCopy URL
    lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree completely. All-in-all it’s irritating as hell when people ‘cherry pick’ (I hate using Kellyanne Conway lingo, forgive me) and choose who they’re going to pick at next, but will continuously rave about their love for people like Woody Allen and Michael Fassbender.

ReplyCopy URL
    Prideful
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with u 100% though for the casey thing, I do understand she’s supposedly an advocate against sexual assault/harassment, she could’ve handled it better than she did. I dont know wth she was doing in SAG when Denzel won and she just left the medal on the podium and patted Denzel’s back. Nobody forcing her to present the award…. its funny, I saw the DP/30 interview they did with her for Room on YouTube and they had to post that Brie came off fine to them and wasn’t mean/cold…..or something along the line. So clearly shes coming off the wrong way to people…

She very well could be coming off the wrong way. Or she couldn’t, who knows. There was some interview where she said, “my actions speak for themselves.” I mean, really? Are we in high school? You couldn’t swallow your pride for 10 minutes and act neutral? I thought that was what growing up was all about… Note: this fucking posting thing keeps either deleting or bolding my text?? I’m not intentionally deleting or reposting this text, sorry.

“Get out of my way. Cuz I’m going somewhere. This is not where I want to be”

who knews Brie Larson’s song She said is autobiographical about her attitude this award season. It’s on YouTube for some cringeworthy bop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Are we forgetting Roman Polanski? He was actually CONVICTED. Yet he wins an Oscar because he made a Holocaust film. Hollywood is fucked.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 910 total)
Reply To: Best Actress 2018

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.