Best Actress 2018

Home // Forums // Movies // Best Actress 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 492 total)

This topic contains 491 replies, has 37606 views, and was last updated by Profile photo of kaziz kaziz 17 hours, 13 minutes ago.

• Profile photo of BeeBee
    Participant
    Total Topics

The Academy actually loves Winslet and would nominate her in a heartbeat for any heavy dramatic role she does, much like Cate Blanchett. Chastain doesn’t have the same type of attraction, she has to be nominated everywhere or be the frontrunner.

Profile photo of PridefulPrideful
    Participant
    Total Topics

Am I the only one who thinks Chastain basically played the same character in Zero Dark Thirty/Most Violent Year/Miss Sloane….

Profile photo of BeeBee
    Participant
    Total Topics

It’s not like she gives bad performances it’s just that they feel the same. She was worthy for Zero Dark Thirty though.

Profile photo of LaChienneLaChienne
    Participant
    Total Topics

It’s weird because I really liked her in The Help, but so much of her recent acting just feels… I don’t know, so chilly and distant, which I can expect if the role demands it, but yeah yeah blah blah Adams Family circlejerk, but Amy Adams has a much more inviting and audience-intimate style.

She’s done better than ZD30 where Bigelow rolling out scene-stealer and scene-stealer undercut her ability to have a solid and dominating presence on screen. Next to Jason Clarke she was just so wan.

Profile photo of BeeBee
    Participant
    Total Topics

Amy Adams has that face and persona that her fans want to protect. She has a very delicate vibe about her and every time I see her interviews, I see her as a sweetheart. And she always looks so meekful in her roles, sometimes in different ways that works and other times that are just repetitive (Big Eyes and American Hustle). I know people always complain that Natalie has a constant crying face yet Adams herself has that victim voice. That “please protect me” stature in her roles. It’s easy to feel for her.

Profile photo of golden012golden012
    Participant
    Total Topics

Amy Adams isn’t overhyped as human being, but as an actress, it’s the other way around. Lol she’s a great actress, amazing in fact, just a little over praised.

Participant
    Total Topics

Amy Adams isn’t overhyped as human being, but as an actress, it’s the other way around. Lol she’s a great actress, amazing in fact, just a little over praised.

Since when were we talking about anyone being overhyped as a human being? I don’t think Amy Adams is overpraised. She has enough roles to warrant her 5 Oscar nominations. Her Doubt/American Hustle Oscar nominations should’ve been for Enchanted and Arrival.

Profile photo of golden012golden012
    Participant
    Total Topics

Since when were we talking about anyone being overhyped as a human being? I don’t think Amy Adams is overpraised. She has enough roles to warrant her 5 Oscar nominations. Her Doubt/American Hustle Oscar nominations should’ve been for Enchanted and Arrival.

Lol relax.

Profile photo of CitizenBlakeCitizenBlake
    Participant
    Total Topics

If we’re being honest, Amy is a tremendous actress and has amazing versatility. She’s hard to typecast and has deservedly gotten 5 nominations for Oscar glory over 8 years. It’s just… there’s something about her fans that pisses me off, and I don’t think it’s the fact that they “overhype” her because they don’t do it often and when they do its usually by her stan level fans. I think it’s just because they’re willing to defend her to the death and launch barrages of insults at you even if you make a slight criticism of her. I don’t think she’s on the level of Cate Blanchett or anything, but I think she has the potential for that.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 3 hours ago by Profile photo of CitizenBlake CitizenBlake.
    Profile photo of LawCLawC
    Participant
    Total Topics

I think a lot Amy Adams stans are just mad that she didn’t get nominated for “Big Eyes” and “Arrival” and that’s why they can be so sensitive.

And it’s kind of warranted to some extent, because she really deserved the nomination for “Arrival”.

Profile photo of HunterbergfeldHunterbergfeld
    Participant
    Total Topics
    Profile photo of MM
    Participant
    Total Topics

Adams’ lone nod without coattails is her first for Junebug. And her BS work in American Hustle knocking Emma Thompson out of the final line up is unforgivable.

Participant
    Total Topics

I think a lot Amy Adams stans are just mad that she didn’t get nominated for “Big Eyes” and “Arrival” and that’s why they can be so sensitive.

And it’s kind of warranted to some extent, because she really deserved the nomination for “Arrival”.

I am probably the biggest Arrival Stan in this forum but yes Amy was so deserving of a nomination and should’ve flat out won over the actual contenders. Such a brilliant performance that was subtle and emotional/complex. For you bitches who said everyone in there is dry af, and stanning for Denzel, clearly you need mental help.

Profile photo of Aint2Proud2BegAint2Proud2Beg
    Participant
    Total Topics

Am I the only one who thinks Chastain basically played the same character in Zero Dark Thirty/Most Violent Year/Miss Sloane….

The same can be said for Amy Adams who is also someone with zero acting range IMO. Same performance, different movie.

Participant
    Total Topics

The same can be said for Amy Adams who is also someone with zero acting range IMO. Same performance, different movie.

Well that has worked out for Adams 5x and was considered snubbed an additional 2-3x (actual snub where she contended in more than 1 pre-cursor) While it worked for Jessica once and was nowhere close to get another nomination.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 492 total)
Reply To: Best Actress 2018

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.