Home Forums Movies Best and worst movie moments of 2015

Best and worst movie moments of 2015

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

Worst: Fantastic Four
    Best: Star Wars Episode 7 

Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

My picks for Best/Worst Movie moments of 2015

Worst: Tie- Han Solo getting pathectically gutted by his own son with that stupid look on his face! Guess South Park was right, you really must take a crap when you die, that’s what it looked like on Han Solo’s face anyway. It was so heartless, and cheap considering the fact it’s a complete rip-off of Obi-wan’s death from the very 1st Star Wars movie. That, and the already infamous “I love dogs, I’ve always loved dogs” line from Jupiter Ascending. 

Best: Hard to pick any scene from Mad Max, they were all so great, so I’m going to go with the instant-classic Church fight scene from Kingsman: The Secret Service. Go Colin Firth! 

ReplyCopy URL
    travis112096
    Participant
    Topics:

best church scene in kingsman

worst final act of fantastic four

ReplyCopy URL
    Luke McGowan
    Participant
    Topics:

Top 10 Best

1. The dance in Ex Machina
    2. Pillow talk with John Cena in Trainwreck
    3. Jason Statham’s monologue in Spy
    4. “My wife can’t sing anymore” in Youth
    5. Black cop bullies NWA in Straight Outta Compton
    6. The walk in The Walk
    7. The border crossing in Sicario
    8. The “apology” in The Gift
    9. BB-8 thumbs-up in Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    10. “Take her to the moon for me, okay?” from Inside Out

Top 10 Worst:

1. We can do it in the asshole? from Kingsman: The Secret Service
    2. Scott Lang ruins a nice moment between Hank Pym and his daughter then realises it out loud and tries to be edgy in Ant-Man.
    3. Forced divorce crying scene from Jurassic World
    4. Gerald McRaney walks through Will Smith’s room in Focus (after the twist this scene is insultingly dumb)
    5. Running in high heels from Jurassic World
    6. “Come with me if you wanna live” forced into new context: Terminator Genisys
    7. Amy breaks up with John Cena in Trainwreck
    8. Christoph Waltz constantly pats himself on the back for being a great villain when he’s not in Spectre
    9. Battle of the Death Star for the third time from Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    10. Weird wrap up every plot point while John Cusack sits in bed in Love & Mercy.

Please note that this does not reflect my actual favourite films. I thoroughly enjoyed Love and Mercy and Star Wars, and I did not care for Trainwreck and thought Youth was ok.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cheshire
    Participant
    Topics:

Best: Flamethrower guitar guy from Mad Max: Fury Road
    Worst: The wasting of Judy Greer’s talent

Both: Eddie Redmayne’s performance in Jupiter Ascending 

ReplyCopy URL
    KubrickFan98
    Participant
    Topics:

Best: Adonis’s first professional fight in Creed, Donald Glover’s “demonstration” in The Martian, the ending of Tangerine, reversing the film in Dope

Worst: Robert De Niro has a boner in The Intern, the ending of Dope, anachronisms about Tupac in Straight Outta Compton 

ReplyCopy URL
    FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

Best:

Rose Byrne’s hotel room tantrum in Spy
    Ava tests Caleb in Ex Machina
    Emory Cohen’s entire performance in Brooklyn
    Church shootout in Kingsman: The Secret Service  
    Final dance number in Trainwreck
    Riley finally lets out the tears in Inside Out 
    Furiosa goes “Remember me?!” to Immortan Joe in Mad Max: Fury Road 

Worst:

Wasting of Matthias Schonaerts’ talent in The Danish Girl
    Eddie Redmayne’s entire performance in Jupiter Ascending
    The stretched-out climax in Crimson Peak 
    The scene in Spectre where Daniel Craig really comes on to Monica Bellucci

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

Best:

Argument between Steve Jobs and John Sculley in Steve Jobs

Caleb finds out the truth about Nathan in Ex-Machina.

Eilis first huge crying scene in Brooklyn.

Benicio Del Toro entire hypnotic performance in Sicario

Mike Rezendes freaks out against Robby in Spotlight

Worst:

Disappointing ending in Creed just for the sake of a sequel.

Any scene with Tom Hardy in The Revenant, what a waste of talent.

Rey newbie Jedi powers defeating Kylo Ren’s dark force stuff right on the first fight in Star Wars. What? no need Jedi training for her?

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

That final dance and Rampling’s final hand movement in 45 Years.

ReplyCopy URL
    NoLogo
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST:
    Can’t decide between…
    Ma’s (Brie Larson) Media Interview in Room
    Rayna’s (Rose Byrne) Hair in Spy
    Steven’s (Jon Cena) theatre bitch fight and Steven’s sex talk in Trainwreck 

BEST WORST:

Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) running in heels throughout Jurassic World 

WORST:

TIE:
    The after the conclusion conclusions (what felt like 40 endings…a la LOTR:ROTK) – The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 
    Every scene featuring Balem Abrasax (Eddie Redmayne) in Jupiter Ascending. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter Logan
    Participant
    Topics:

I will probably edit this after I see the final couple of films left to see in 2015 (specifically The Revenant’s bear mauling scene. Cannot wait to see that on the big screen.)

BEST:
    Creed – the one-shot fight scene. Holy hell did that come out of nowhere, and damn was it invigorating. 
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens – when the Starkiller Base used its weapon to destroy the five planets. The beautifully haunting score, the reactions of the protagonists and the people about to die, and that breathtaking shot of Kylo Ren looking on with an actually effective lens flare in the distance added up to make one of the most emotionally powerful scenes I’ve seen in recent memory.
    Room – Jack’s escape. It worked on so many levels. We got to escape the confines of the claustrophobic room. We got to see through Jack’s eyes as he discovered the world for the first time, fear and all. Plus, it was a terrifyingly suspenseful scene.
    Spy – Jason Statham’s monologue. Easily the funniest scene of the year. 
    Steve Jobs – Jobs’ and Scully’s fight in the second act. The score (best of the year), the editing, and most of all the performances here are all ASTOUNDING. 
    Ex Machina – not as in love with the dance scene as everyone here, so I’ll go with the tragic ending – specifically Ava’s look as she leaves Caleb to die, slamming helplessly against the door.
    Carol –
    the ending. Unlike Ex Machina, Haynes knew exactly when to cut to black here. (I absolutely loved Ex Machina, but come on, Garland should have cut to black when Ava left. The rest was extraneous, as the audience could have filled in the blanks and it just slowed the momentum and impact of the ending so much.)
    Inside Out –
    do I even need to say it? Please don’t make me… Okay, fine. When Bing-Bong died. 
    Beasts of No Nation – tie between the battle scene and the protagonist’s monologue at the end, both of which were completely devastating. Beasts is the most underrated movie of the year (yeah, I know it’s high in the prediction center, but has anyone talked about it in a single thread? Have you seen it on a top ten list?)
    Bridge of Spies –
    the opening scene. Mark Rylance deserves the Oscar if he wins it. The whole scene managed intense, thrilling storytelling without any dialogue. Spielberg may not be the best director ever, but he is easily the most consistently great. 
    Love & Mercy –
    so hard to pick here, because the whole movie hit me so much harder than I thought it would. I think I’m going to have to pick in the very beginning, when Brian Wilson leaves the note in the car that says “Lonely, scared, frightened.” Heartbreaking, subtle, believable. 
    Kingsman: The Secret Service – the church fight scene. Instant classic.
    The Danish Girl –
    Redmayne (blanking on the character’s name) kissing a man for the first time as his wife watches, dumbstruck. Great acting and such a powerful moment. 
    The Martian – when Whatley did surgery on himself. It was hard to pick here, as the ending was what made me (figuratively) stand up and cheer, but the fact that someone in my audience (literally) fainted and had to be taken to the side with flashlights speaks volumes about how the scene was acted and presented. Or that person was just a wimp. One or the other.
    Spotlight – when Brian D’Arcy James finds out that one of the priests lives right down the street from him. It made the already amazing film so much more personal. (Ruffalo’s and Keaton’s head-to-head was a close second, though.)

WORST:
    Steve Jobs
    – the less than subtle ending. Seemed rushed and out of character to the rest of the beautifully constructed film. 
    Sicario – showing that cop’s family life. I know what they were trying to accomplish. I know that they were humanizing the man, trying to give him a name and a life so that you recognize that everyone that is killed has a family and motivations and wants and fears. But I saw it coming from a mile a way. There’s a difference between making murder emotionally important and being obvious and preachy, taking time away from an already overlong film.
    Spy – 50 Cent’s whole role.
    Ted 2 – stealing Tom Brady’s sperm. Was there really a time – years ago, mind you – when I found Seth Macfarlane hilarious? 
    Brooklyn –  the seasickness scene. I know I’m probably in the minority here, and I know what Hornby was trying to accomplish, but I saw the film as this sweet, charming little romance, then suddenly its sympathetic heroine started shitting in a bucket in the first twenty minutes. Disgusting. 
    Joy – Joy getting sucked into the soap opera during her nightmare. As annoying and cringe-worthy as Russell thought he was metaphorical and mature. 
    The Peanuts Movie – any time Snoopy fought the Red Baron. God, every other aspect of this movie was perfection, why on Earth did they ruin it with that garbage? (Okay, I know, it’s a kid’s movie… but still.)
    Kingsman: The Secret Service – anal sex scene. Don’t even have to explain this one. 
    Spectre – the… torture scene? Does anyone know what the hell Blofeld was doing there? Anyway, the horrible, cheesy scene where he spat out his entire life’s story to Bond only to have Bond escape seconds later and explode the entire vicinity for action reasons. 
    Jurassic World – the divorce scene that “gave the kids depth” and then was never mentioned again or elaborated upon.
    The Good Dinosaur – the tripping on berries scene. No excuse, especially for Pixar, to sneak drug references into a kids’ movie. Pixar’s second worst film, easily.
    Vacation – hmm, what was the worst part of this movie? Was it the mom going to back to her college sorority and failing at that obstacle course? Was it Thor’s penis? Was it the dad giving his son a rim-job? I think I’m going to have to go with the family swimming in shit on this one. God, what an awful movie. 
    Fantastic Four – holy hell, the entire third act. 

ReplyCopy URL
    ankehuber
    Participant
    Topics:

best

ex machina : the dance sequence
    the lobster : the lonely guys dancing alone
    marguerite : catherine frot singing (just terrible !!!) but so funny !
    love : the cumshot scene
    macbeth : marion cotillard’s acting in the whole movie

worst

bridge of spies : rudolf abel’s fake wife try to manipulate tom hanks
    still life : eddie marsan’s death
    love : the scene with the transgenre prostitute
    the lobster : when rachel weisz become blind

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

Best:

Rampling’s hand at the end of 45 Years and any scene at Mad Max, especially the one when Furiosa discovers the fate of her tribe.

SPOILER ALERT FOR STAR WARS:

the moment when Rey took the lightsaber.

WORST:

the high heels running in Jurassic World.

ReplyCopy URL
    james14
    Participant
    Topics:

My Top 5 Movie Moments of 2015 

Ending piano scene of “Phoenix”  

Bing Bong’s departure in “Inside Out”

Juliette Binoche and Kristen Stewart’s rehearsal scenes in “Clouds of Sils Maria”

Alicia Vikander leaves the compound in “Ex Machina”

Classroom scene / older woman chasing in “It Follows”

ReplyCopy URL
    gameover1010101
    Topics:

Top 10 Sex Comedy Movies

1. American Pie

2. Euro Trip

3. The 40 Year Old Virgin

4. Wedding Crashers

5. Knocked Up

6. Super Bad

7. Sex Drive

8. Road Trip

9. Good Luck Chuck

10. Not Another Teen Movie

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ4AzFgzBAU

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.