Best Animated Feature (2017)

Home // Forums // Movies // Best Animated Feature (2017)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

I am for abolishing most categories. I think there should only be : Best picture, lead performance, supporting performance, screenplay, best direction, short film (reluctantly), sound, and other tech noms.

ReplyCopy URL
    zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I was wrong yesterday when I said that perhaps the category should be eliminated. Y’all are right: categories have weak years. Hopefully, next year will be stronger. And hey, Hunter, if you ever decide you DO want to advocate for a superhero movie category, let me know. (Just kidding) (;

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  zkrons.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

@prideful Captain Underpants suck and I didn’t see it but I believe every bad thing i hear ;).

@Teridax WRONG. WATCH THESE PLEASE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU4p4QPEuKw&index=32&list=LLdFA0F5I5K2BJvByZgoF1pQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgL9pbDLBE&index=31&list=LLdFA0F5I5K2BJvByZgoF1pQ

ReplyCopy URL
    CitizenBlake
    Participant
    Topics:

Just outta curiosity, what animated feature would you guys have just awarded Best Picture, period?

ReplyCopy URL
    no one
    Participant
    Topics:

Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Just outta curiosity, what animated feature would you guys have just awarded Best Picture, period?

Probably Shrek just because it was SUCH a weak year. And Spirited Awasy the very next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    CitizenBlake
    Participant
    Topics:

And Spirited Away the very next year.

Fucking A to that. Spirited Away was robbed of a Best Picture nomination AND the win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I just saw the trailer for Loving Vincent and I already want it to win. I really do wonder if it makes enough noise if it could get a BP nom? Only 3 animated movies have gotten BP nominations, and they were all Disney/Pixar. But this seems so unique and inventive. Maybe it could get in on the gimmick. A PAINTED MOVIE!!!! I can’t wait. Easily my most anticipated movie for the rest of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

One of my all-time favorite movies Wreck-it Ralph. I’m entitled to my opinion. I also saw The Simpsons Movie 3 times in theaters, and while I don’t consider more of a cinematic achievement than There Will Be Blood, The Bourne Ultimatum, or Before The Devil Knows You’re Dead, I think that it still should easily have been a Best Picture AND Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar nominee at the very least.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure if any of these would be my actual choice for that year, it depends what the competition was but all the Toy Story movies, Ratatouille, Pinocchio, Fantasia (those two would have been competing against each other of course), It’s Such A Beautiful Day, and Mary and Max would all be good BP winners for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Filmatelist
    Participant
    Topics:

Pinocchio, Fantasia (those two would have been competing against each other of course)

Actually, the way the rules of eligibility work, they wouldn’t have (since FANTASIA didn’t make its way to L.A. until 1941).

Hence, the 2 non-competitive Oscars FANTASIA won were the year after the two competitive Oscars PINOCCHIO won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Has anyone herd about any other potential nominees?

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Pinocchio, Fantasia (those two would have been competing against each other of course)

Actually, the way the rules of eligibility work, they wouldn’t have (since FANTASIA didn’t make its way to L.A. until 1941).

Hence, the 2 non-competitive Oscars FANTASIA won were the year after the two competitive Oscars PINOCCHIO won.

Oh, cool, then I guess they both win. Of course I’d put Citizen Kane first for 1941.

ReplyCopy URL
    Prideful
    Participant
    Topics:

Beauty and the Beast (a win), The Lion King, Toy Story 1, Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, Zootopia, Akira, Perfect Blue

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Loving Vincent looks incredible. I hope it gets nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)
Reply To: Best Animated Feature (2017)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.