Home Forums Movies Best Animated Short – 2017

Best Animated Short – 2017

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
GusCruz
Teridax
Paul Hardister
  • Paul Hardister
    Participant
    Topics:

A bif off topic, but does anyone know when will they release the shortlists for the live-action and doc shorts?

I can’t find those announcement dates on any award season calendar. At this time last year, I remember these were all already out there. So, it should be anyday now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sagand
    Participant
    Topics:

A bif off topic, but does anyone know when will they release the shortlists for the live-action and doc shorts?

The doc shorts are out today. http://www.oscars.org/news/10-documentary-shorts-2017-oscars-shortlist-0

I guess the live action will be tomorrow.

The ten are:
    “Alone,” The New York Times (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/opinion/alone.html)
    “Edith+Eddie,” Heart is Red and Kartemquin Films
    “Heaven Is a Traffic Jam on the 405,” Stiefel & Co.
    “Heroin(e),” A Netflix Original Documentary in association with The Center for Investigative Reporting, A Requisite Media Production
    “Kayayo – The Living Shopping Baskets,” Integral Film
    “Knife Skills,” TFL Films
    “116 Cameras,” Birdling Films (https://vimeo.com/240741677)
    “Ram Dass, Going Home,” Further Pictures
    “Ten Meter Tower,” Plattform Produktion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8-Oc_TOPDI)
    “Traffic Stop,” Q-Ball Productions

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Sagand.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Here is the shortlist for the Documentary Short Films:

http://variety.com/2017/film/in-contention/oscars-2018-documentary-shorts-1202631505/

“The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production companies:

“Alone,” The New York Times
    “Edith+Eddie,” Heart is Red and Kartemquin Films
    “Heaven Is a Traffic Jam on the 405,” Stiefel & Co.
    “Heroin(e),” A Netflix Original Documentary in association with The Center for Investigative Reporting, A Requisite Media Production
    “Kayayo – The Living Shopping Baskets,” Integral Film
    “Knife Skills,” TFL Films
    “116 Cameras,” Birdling Films
    “Ram Dass, Going Home,” Further Pictures
    “Ten Meter Tower,” Plattform Produktion
    “Traffic Stop,” Q-Ball Productions”

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank you Sagand and Teridax! Was expecting Netflix to have more than just one contender.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Teridax have Sagand on ignore?

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank you Sagand and Teridax! Was expecting Netflix to have more than just one contender.

You’re welcome, Gus! I’m still hurting from predicting that category last year, where I correctly predicted A Netflix Doc Short would win, but I foolishly bet on “Extremis” rather than eventual victor also from Netflix, “The White Helmets.” In hindsight TWH winning seems so damn obvious with several of the people involved not being allowed to attend the Oscar ceremony, to the relevance and topicality of the crisis in Syria, that I can’t help but be mad at myself just a little for not calling that one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sagand
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, we had a disagreement (mainly over the definitions of words) that ended with him putting me on ignore.

On the documentaries of the three you can watch for free “Ten Meter Tower” has no chance of a nomination (it is literally footage of people jumping or trying to jump from a 10m diving board), but it is bizarrely engaging.

“Heroin(e)” will get in. “116 Cameras” is the one about the holocaust (recording survivors memories for the next generation). “Heaven Is a Traffic Jam on the 405,” is about an artist with mental illness. Based on subject matter I’d add “Kayayo – The Living Shopping Baskets,” and “Traffic Stop” to make my final five prediction.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Sagand.
    ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Any news on the live action shortlist?

ReplyCopy URL
    Filmatelist
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there a moderator who can change the title of the thread now that we’re encompassing all short categories?

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew D
    Participant
    Topics:

“In a Heartbeat,” Esteban Bravo and Beth David, directors (Ringling College of Art and Design)

THIS NEEDS TO WIN

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AndrewsArt

Check out my Store.

ReplyCopy URL
    Itsasecret1
    Participant
    Topics:

In A Heartbeat and Dear Basketball have the most buzz so I assume they’re pretty much locks. Cradle is fantastic and almost made me cry so I think that will get in, as will the Pixar short (Lou) because Pixar usually gets in, eventhough they hardly ever win. The last slot I’m predicting is Revolting Rhymes because it’s longer at 28 minutes and they usually have one that length, I also hear alot of good things about it so its in their wheelhouse to nominate. People are predicting Negative Space, I don’t know why, I haven’t heard anything about that.

ReplyCopy URL
    kbfr12
    Participant
    Topics:

If In a Heartbeat doesn’t even get nominated, the 2018 Oscars should just be cancelled right then and there tbh

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I just watched “In a Heartbeat.” The whole film is on YouTube. I just moved it into my #1 slot to win Animated Short Film, replacing my previous predicted Oscar winner Dear Basketball, which I now have in 2nd. Even if Academy voters decide not to award Call Me By Your Name Best Picture, they can still give an award to this sweet, silly, and emotionally satisfying gay love story. This one really warmed my heart, and here it is for all of you to see and hopefully enjoy as I did! 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REkk9SCRn0

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, I already let him know that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

10 LIVE ACTION SHORTS ADVANCE IN 2017 OSCAR RACE

“DeKalb Elementary,” Reed Van Dyk, director (UCLA)
    “The Eleven O’Clock,” Derin Seale, director (FINCH)
    “Facing Mecca,” Jan-Eric Mack, director, and Joël Jent, producer (Dschoint Ventschr Filmproduktion)
    “Icebox,” Daniel Sawka, director, and Camille Cornuel, producer (Iceboxthefilmco)
    “Lost Face,” Sean Meehan, director, and Sam McGarry, producer (Soma Films)
    “My Nephew Emmett,” Kevin Wilson, Jr., director (New York University)
    “Rise of a Star,” James Bort, director, and Boris Mendza, producer (Fulldawa Films)
    “The Silent Child,” Chris Overton, director, and Rachel Shenton, writer (Slick Films)
    “Watu Wote/All of Us,” Katja Benrath, director (Hamburg Media School)
    “Witnesses,” David Koch, director (Lux for Film, Diez Films and Paradoxal)

https://www.oscars.org/news/10-live-action-shorts-advance-2017-oscar-race

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
Reply To: Best Animated Short – 2017

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.