Best in Show #13: The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Home // Forums // Movies // Best in Show #13: The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • BrokenFan
    Topics:

Samuel L. “I have had it with these muthaf-cking snakes on this muthaf-cking plane” Jackson was voted Best in Show in our Pulp Fiction poll. 

For this poll, we take a look at the third and final installment of the Batman trilogy, which imho was unfairly snubbed, with a stunning cast who turned in great performances (minus an Oscar winner’s death scene). So…who was the best in show??

You have 2 days.

Also, note I think I’ll stop after #15, just so these polls aren’t interfering with any upcoming news or festival reactions/discussions. Unless, of course, things are really slow…

————-
    Best in Show #1: Meryl Streep – August Osage County

Best in Show #2: Mark Wahlberg – I Heart Huckabees

Best in Show #3: Sandra Bullock – Crash

Best in Show #4: Kim Basinger – L.A. Confidential 

Best in Show #5: Jack Lemmon – Glengarry Glen Ross

Best in Show #6: Amy Adams – American Hustle

Best in Show #7: Hugh Jackman – Prisoners  

Best in Show #8: Peter Finch – Network 
    Best in Show #9: Toni Collette – Little Miss Sunshine 

Best in Show #10: Julianne Moore – Boogie Nights 

Best in Show #11: Mark Ruffalo – The Avengers 
    Best in Show #12: Samuel L. Jackson – Pulp Fiction 

Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

This is my least favorite of the trilogy, which I find unfortunate to say, as it was one of my more anticipated films of 2012. That said, I love Anne Hathaway’s performance as Selina Kyle. She really makes that character come alive in a way that I wasn’t expecting. Would have loved for Tom Hardy to get my vote, but I think the film does him a slight disservice in the end. My second might actually be Michael Caine, who gets only a few scenes spread throughout, but is heartbreaking in all of them. Third is probably Bale. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Hathaway. I loved Hardy, I loved Bale, and really liked Caine, Oldman and Gordon-Levitt too. But Hathaway stole the film for me. I preferred her performance here over her Oscar winning turn in ‘Les Mis’.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

^@Halo_Insider:

Same. Anne, Tom, and Michael, with Christian fourth. I thought JGL was good as well. Everyone, actually.

I was disappointed that Hardy was wearing that horrible mask covering up his gorgeous face. Damned that bugged me. I also think Cotillard’s death scene  is hilarious.

Also my least favorite of the three, but I enjoyed it all the same, nuclear bomb and all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

The plot holes were ridiculously gaping, but this is my favourite of the trilogy.  I loved the scale of it.

Anne Hathaway is normally worst in show, so she gets my vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

lol I loved it. I thought it was an excellent conclusion to the trilogy and literally ended with a bang.  I’m going to sound like a fanboy, but like, the plot hole argument is such a lazy criticism. Were there plot holes? sure  but they’re so nonessential to the actual story that it doesn’t really matter. I thoroughly enjoyed it (even Cotillard’s “death” scene lmfao, a comic book movie as bleak as this need some comic relief).  I also love the fact that people under rate it because now I can be the lone contrarian hehehehe 😀 

Anne Hathway steals this for me, and showed what a talented performer she is. From the moment her ‘Selina Kyle’ takes form, I couldn’t look away everytime she’s on screen. 100 million bajillion times better than her Fantine? Hells yes. So I’ll just pretend she won for this film instead. 

Michael Caine comes with a close second. Good lord, he had quite a few emotional scenes and they were pretty effective.  

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

I also have to agree that Tom Hardy was wasted. His Bane really was menacing and he did everything he could (especially that VOICE for the ages), but that mask was not good. 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Michael Caine gave the strongest performance. Without Eckhart or Ledger, he really stole the show. I thought Hathaway, Oldman, Levitt, Bale, and Cotillard were great as well. I actually liked Tom Hardy in this I loved that voice and look. I also loved the 2 great cameos 

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought Michael Caine gave the strongest performance. Without Eckhart or Ledger, he really stole the show. I thought Hathaway, Oldman, Levitt, Bale, and Cotillard were great as well. I actually liked Tom Hardy in this I loved that voice and look. I also loved the 2 great cameos 

Not sure which two you mean but for me, seeing Tom Conti was a highlight.

ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

I LOVE this movie. Saw it twice on the theaters. I’d usually go with Tom Hardy because I’m his biggest fanboy (duh look at my username) or JGL but Anne Hathaway was completely outstanding. I went to the movie thinking “no one could ever come close to Michelle Pfeiffer’s work as Catwoman” but oh boy did Anne prove me wrong. Absolutely love her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Anne Hathaway, easily. Oscar-worthy.

Joseph Gordon Levitt is my second.

Christian Bale is a terrible actor. Why did he win an Oscar, again?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

The plot holes were ridiculously gaping, but this is my favourite of the trilogy.  I loved the scale of it.

Anne Hathaway is normally worst in show, so she gets my vote.

Name one film. She’s normally best in show. “Les Misérables” – “The Dark Knight Rises” – “Rachel Getting Married” – “Love and Other Drugs” – and she was outstanding in “Brokeback Mountain”, iconic in “The Princess Diaries”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Indonesian
    Topics:

I pick Bale, because Batman himself needs to win at awards sometimes.

I also think that Cotillard’s death scene is so awkward and unnatural, but as her usual self, of course, she is flawless-looking in this movie 

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

JGL with Bale a close second

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Mara
    Participant
    Topics:

Hathaway but Pfeiffer is still a superiour Catwoman

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
Reply To: Best in Show #13: The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.