Home Forums Movies Best in Show #3: Crash (2004)

Best in Show #3: Crash (2004)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
BrokenFan
babypook
Halo_Insider
  • BrokenFan
    Topics:

Marky-Mark Wahlberg was winner in the last Best in Show poll for his comic performance in ‘I Heart Huckabees’

We’ll take a look at ‘Crash’ for this poll. Not really a favorite of mine, but who was best in show?? You have 3 days! 

Thank you for your suggestion, Tye-Grr!

I’ll be taking Other movie suggestions as well! (If not I’ll be doing The Counselor soon, muhahahaha)

——-

Best in Show #1  “August Osage County”: Meryl Streep
    Best in Show #2 “I Heart Huckabees” Mark Wahlberg 

Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

This is a little tough for me, as I enjoyed Matt Dillon and thought Don Cheadle made an impact in the film’s opening and closing sections. However, I’m going with Terrence Howard. I thought he conveyed the impotence of his character very well, both during the pat down scene and when he had to defend himself to Thandie Newton (who was probably my runner-up).

Future suggestions: Glengarry Glen Ross; Reservoir Dogs; Magnolia; The Thin Red Line; Judgment at Nuremberg; The Lord of the Rings Trilogy; and Movie 43 (ha!).

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

I’m going to have to go with Matt Dillon. I’ve only seen him in comedies strangely, so it was a different path that he took. I still gotta watch ‘Drugstore Cowboy’ 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Dillon and Bullock were both great, Newton and Cheadle were also good. But the one that really stuck with me was Howard. The whole sequence with him and Ludacris was excellent. I would’ve been fine with him being a double nominee that year. And thanks for choosing my suggestion! 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    CAROL-CHANNING
    Topics:

MICHAEL PENA MICHAEL PENA MICHAEL PENA MICHAEL PENA

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

Wait, did I misread the list or did SAG not include Michael Pena as a cast?

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

Went with other because for some reason Thandie Newton was left off this list (a little surprising as some of the people mentioned didn’t have much to do and didn’t get much individual notice while Newton won the BAFTA). But I do have to admit everyone was great, especially Dillon, Bullock, Cheadle, Howard, and Pena. One of my favorite SAG Ensemble winners

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Easily Bullock (she deserved an Oscar nomination) followed by Dillon, Newton and Howard.

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

I added Newton back on! lol Sorry. I had her at first then I added a couple of people and messed up the list by a tiny bit. (Still learnin’)

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Easily Bullock (she deserved an Oscar nomination) followed by Dillon, Newton and Howard.

O ya…she was in that wasnt she, whining about something to her (better) partner about, whatever.

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

I haven’t seen this in a while, but I didn’t even ealize Sandra Bullock was in this until last year’s ‘Gravity’ talks. 

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

^honestly I can barely remember what Bullock did except scream while on the phone. I thought the storyline that had the most impact was the Ludacris/Howard plot. I liked both but I went with Luda because nobody else would…

I agree With Halo_Insider’s suggestions of Glengarry Glen Ross, or especially Judgment at Nuremberg. LOTR will definitely be McKellan. I would also throw out XMen: DOFP. Maybe it’s too recent though.

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

T_T I haven’t seen Glengarry Glen Ross or Judgment at Nuremberg. (Don’t look at me!) 

But yeah for sure. We can do GGR next, then JAN, then LOTR.   Thanks for the suggestions!

ReplyCopy URL
    FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

I went with Sandy. While all the other actors were good, Bullock left the biggest impression, imo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

^honestly I can barely remember what Bullock did except scream while on the phone. I thought the storyline that had the most impact was the Ludacris/Howard plot. I liked both but I went with Luda because nobody else would…

I agree With Halo_Insider’s suggestions of Glengarry Glen Ross, or especially Judgment at Nuremberg. LOTR will definitely be McKellan. I would also throw out XMen: DOFP. Maybe it’s too recent though.

Yeah, maybe. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a dead heat between him and Serkis, though. Astin might have some support, too.  

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
Reply To: Best in Show #3: Crash (2004)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.