BEST MULTIPLE PERFORMANCES 2016

Home // Forums // Movies // BEST MULTIPLE PERFORMANCES 2016

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
  • IEnjoyTV
    Participant
    Topics:

Sorry if I missed a thread for this, but who gave the best multiple performances this year?

Strong Contenders:

Andrew Garfield – Silence & Hacksaw Ridge
    Janelle Monae – Hidden Figures & Moonlight
    Amy Adams – Arrival & Nocturnal Animals

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael Shannon appeared in seven theatrical/streaming releases this year, as well as three further films that have played only at festivals so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Ryan Gosling was fine as Ryan Gosling (basically) in La La Land, but he is SO MUCH MORE deserving for his hilarious work in The Nice Guys.

Also, don’t forget Mahershala Ali in Luke Cage, House of Cards, Moonlight, and Hidden Figures. What an incredible breakout year for him.

ReplyCopy URL
    IEnjoyTV
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, however I thought Ali was pretty much a non-entity in Hidden Figures

ReplyCopy URL
    jasonface
    Participant
    Topics:

Rachel Weisz in The Lobster, Denial, Complete Unknown, and The Light Between Oceans

ReplyCopy URL
    GraemeONeil
    Participant
    Topics:

Rachel Weisz in The Lobster, Denial, Complete Unknown, and The Light Between Oceans

This.

ReplyCopy URL
    GraemeONeil
    Participant
    Topics:

Mahershala Ali in Luke Cage, House of Cards, Moonlight, and Hidden Figures. What an incredible breakout year for him.

Also this.

ReplyCopy URL
    GraemeONeil
    Participant
    Topics:

Laura Linney – Sully & Nocturnal Animals.

Doing so much with so little.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, don’t forget Mahershala Ali in Luke Cage, House of Cards, Moonlight, and Hidden Figures. What an incredible breakout year for him.

He didn’t do anything in House of Cards this year (and confirmed he won’t be in season 5), his Hidden Figures role was minuscule, and in Luke Cage the character was limited. He’s not exactly had stellar performances in everything he’s been in.

ReplyCopy URL
    TerenceFletcher
    Participant
    Topics:

Ryan. Gosling. Both of his films are in my top five and I could support both of his performances being nominated. He blew me away.

ReplyCopy URL
    GraemeONeil
    Participant
    Topics:

Ali was AWESOME in “Luke Cage”. I hope he gets Emmy love.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Haley Bennett in Girl On a Train, Magnificent Seven, and Rules Don’t Apply. Especially Girl On the Train she has this one scene that is just beautiful

ReplyCopy URL
    Kwame
    Participant
    Topics:

Ali also appeared in “Free State of Jones” and “Kicks”, as well as a short called “Gubagude Ko”.

Great year for him.

ReplyCopy URL
    manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

How did this thread go this long without a Huppert mention?

Things to Come is Huppert in her warmest, naturalistic and most likable mode which is absolutely wonderful to see, and I can see why some would prefer her here than in Elle. But Elle is her in this sort of hyper-intelligent twisted ice queen thing that she can do better than literally anybody in the world. She is the only actor who could do what she does in Elle and echoes back to her work in The Piano Teacher, which is one of the best performances in cinematic history.

I prefer her performance in Elle even if I liked Things to Come much more as a film. Even then, you could argue that these are the two best female performances of the year period (though I haven’t seen the likes of Bening, Braga, Hall, or Hüller). Incidentally, Valley of Love (former Cannes competition title starring Huppert and Gérard Depardieu) was also given a microscopic release in the US this past year, and she also happens to be very good in that.

As far as yearly bodies of work go, Huppert’s this past year prove that she is one of the most talented living actors in the world and she might even be in peak-form this year, even if none of these performances even delivered on the level of her work in La Cérémonie or The Piano Teacher.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Obviously Rover De Niro who appeared in both Dirty Grandpa and The comedian. The second best after him is easily Will smith in Suicide Squad and Collateral Beauty. And how can we forget Zac Efron in dirty Grandoa and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. All 3 of them should get oscars for their great work this year

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: BEST MULTIPLE PERFORMANCES 2016

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.