Home Forums Movies Best Original Score 2015 (Predictions Center Now Open)

Best Original Score 2015 (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s start talking about out score contenders! 

KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Some of the ones that have personally jumped out to me so far this year: 

It Follows
    Inside Out
    Mad Max
    The Water Diviner
    Ex Machina
    When Marnie Was There
    Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
    Woman in Gold
    Cinderella
    Jupiter Ascending
    Paddington
    Ted 2 
    The Keeping Room (comes out later this year)

I wonder if John Williams will have enough new material for Star Wars to be eligible. It would be his 50th nomination 

We’ll have to see how the Southpaw score is. Possibly a swan song nomination for James Horner  

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

‘Inside Out’, ‘It Follows’, and ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ have my three favorite scores by far so far this year. Giacchino is having a particularly prolific year; besides ‘Inside Out’, he has ‘Tomorrowland’, ‘Jupiter Ascending’, and ‘Jurassic World’ already in contention. I think his only real shot so far though is the wonderful score for ‘Inside Out’. It’s one of his very best, plus his two previous noms were for Pixar films, ‘Ratatouille’ and ‘Up’, which he actually won for the latter.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love so much if Radius really pushed hard for It Follows’ score. That score is one of the best scores in a horror movie I have heard in a LONG time. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I am rooting for Michael Giacchino’s lovely Inside Out score!

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Ditto to both Kyle and Tyler- I love both of those and hope they both get attention this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d support a nod for Inside Out, It Follows, Ex Machina, and Mad Max: Fury Road. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Evergreen
    Participant
    Topics:

Original Score Predictions

1. Carol

2. The Danish Girl

3. Suffragette

4. The Revenant

5. Star Wars VII

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Of the films I have seen, my favourite score has been from Ex Machina.

Still yet to see Inside Out which many on here are saying has a great score.  

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

bump 

ReplyCopy URL
    Kevin Dillon
    Participant
    Topics:

My top 3 are: 

1-Inside Out
    2-It Follows
    3-Mad Max: Fury Road

They are also the three best films I have seem this year 

ReplyCopy URL
    DominicCobb
    Participant
    Topics:

Question though: Will ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ be eligible for this award?

It’s only because the opening and closing themes will be used obviously and there is the possibility that Williams adds reorchestrations of other SW music (such as ‘Binary Sunset’) along with the original scoring he brings. 

I believe so. Can’t seem to find a link but there was some controversy over the rules in 2002 and The Two Towers was not nominated. However, the rules were changed and Return of the King won the next year. 

Williams gets nominated for almost everything he does (and not always rightly – and this is coming from someone who calls him the greatest ever film composer). He missed out on the last three SW films, but I’m sure he’ll bring his A game to The Force Awakens and, if the film is good, the Academy will be hard pressed not to at least nominate him.

Speaking of Williams, Spielberg’s first film in 30 years without his famous collaborator, Bridge of Spies, might be the vehicle that gives Thomas Newton his first win (or maybe it’ll be his other spy movie this year, Spectre).

So far, Inside Out and Mad Max are my faves (looks like I’m not the only one with that opinion. Also, I guess I should see It Follows). This is actually one of my favorite categories and I’m exciting to hear what 2015 has to offer, score-wise. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

This could be Morricone’s last chance at a competitive Oscar (I believe he won an Honorary one). In August Tarantino did an interview with Vulture and when he was asked about Morricone’s score, he said something like “What do you expect me to say? It’s awful.” I’m pretty sure he was joking, though it’s hard to tell from reading. I hope he was anyway… Undecided

ReplyCopy URL
    benutty
    Keymaster
    Topics:

DAN ROMER DAN ROMER DAN ROMER DAN ROMER DAN ROMER DAN ROMER DAN ROMER DAN ROMER DAN ROMER DAN ROMER DAN ROMER

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I know it is a long shot but I really would love the score for Mistress America to be nominated. It is such a fun score that I love to walk to on my way to classes. But sadly that and It Follows are probably going to be ignored for something boring 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
Reply To: Best Original Score 2015 (Predictions Center Now Open)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.