Home Forums Polls! Best Original Song, 2012

Best Original Song, 2012

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
Max 2.0
Icky
Kevin Jacobsen
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

What do you think what song should win Best Original Song this year? Listen to the nominees and give us your opinion. I personally believe that “Skyfall” will win because it just won a Golden Globe in the same category. Also, The Academy has a long line of awarding pop artists. Elton John, Melissa Etheridge, Phil Collins. The list goes on. 

Kevin Jacobsen
    Participant
    Topics:

“Skyfall” will almost definitely win. It’s one of the best and most impactful Original Songs in this category in a very long time and none of these other songs really compare.  “Before My Time” surprised me in a good way but no one’s ever heard of the movie it’s in, “Everybody Needs a Best Friend” is reminiscent of “If I Didn’t Have You” from Monsters, Inc. but it’s also from a broad comedy, “Pi’s Lullaby” is lovely but it’s a little… listless, and “Suddenly” is kinda terrible and added nothing to the movie, despite its nomination here. “Skyfall” wins in a cakewalk.

ReplyCopy URL
    Max 2.0
    Topics:

The Bond girl is winning…

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

No Fiona Apple and Arcade Fire?

Boring ass Skyfall (with Adele’s ho-hum vocals) will win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Max 2.0
    Topics:

You serious boy? You are a Fiona Apple and Arcade Fire fan and you be calling “Skyfall” boring? Girl, bye!

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

Hunny child boo. Firstly, have you listened to The Idler Wheel or Fiona’s two albums before? Ain’t nothin’ boring about any of them. They’re each experimental and ambitious. Arcade Fire I’ll give you. They can be predictable and monotone. Secondly, I was more criticizing the song not Adele. I generally like Adele, even if I think only half of 21 is good. “Skyfall” sounds like it’s trying too hard to sound like a Bond classic song. Adele’s vocals aren’t distinct enough to get away with such a laidback approach. And the chorus is overproduced.

I didn’t want to go after your girl, but considering all the love she’s been receiving over the past year it won’t make a dent.

ReplyCopy URL
    Max 2.0
    Topics:

I have The Idler Wheel on my phone and I haven’t listened to it! It’s one of those things I’ve putting off. And, you’re not alone. I’ve read plenty of reviews that consider “Skyfall” boring. A couple of months ago I came to the realization that not everyone worships the ground she walks on. Shame.

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

I would suggest starting with the more pop-oriented When the Pawn… and Extraordinary Machine. The Idler Wheel is her best, but it’s also a bit more bare and loopy. Some ignorant Adele fanboys have accused Fiona of copying Adele’s sound, as if she hasn’t been around since the 90’s. But at least ya’ll aren’t as bad as the Gaga kooks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Topics:

“Skyfall” 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Skyfall deserves to win the Oscar. Suddenly is the 2nd best song among the songs listed above.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miss Frost
    Topics:
    ReplyCopy URL
    Max 2.0
    Topics:

LOL. BEST POST EVER.

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

I like the list of nominees, but Skyfall takes it easily. It’s an epic song.

Now will Adele get an Emmy or Tony next? 😉

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Best Original Song, 2012

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.