Home Forums Movies Best Original Song 2014

Best Original Song 2014

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 276 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
KyleBailey
Tyler The Awe..
24Emmy
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Thought I’d start one of my favourite Oscar categories. Always an interesting race however you slice it. I will add more/less contenders as we get further down the year.

CONTENDERS:

Begin discussion: 

BrokenFan
    Topics:

Imho, this category should be deleted. But I guess they HAVE to fill up the entire 3 hours of telecast…or is it 4? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

^ Opinion noted. I still like the category because of the variety and diversity, and it’s also an ample way to supply musicians with the coveted Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

But it has nothing to do with film achievement though. It exists for Oscar vehicles to try to get that last desperate nod, should the said vehicles fail. 

Granted, it does provide some nice tunes from time to time, like ‘Skyfall’ and ‘Learn Me Right’.  Oh, and I do love ‘Jai Ho’. 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Music is such an important aspect to film. I love this category so much. It should never be discontinued.  “Lost Stars” from Begin Again, “Everything is Awesome” from The Lego Movie, “It’s On Again” from The Amazing Spiderman 2, “Boom Clap” from The Fault in Our Stars, and “Not About Angels” from The Fault in Our Stars are my favorites so far. I’m sure the Mockingjay soundtrack might have a one and maybe one from a movie like Mandela where it isn’t a musical film but has a great finale song to close the movie. Into the Woods has a few new songs coming in so they probably will be in the mix. 

ReplyCopy URL
    J. Stark
    Topics:

Charli XCX wrote “Boom Clap” before her involvement with The Fault in Our Stars – and even pitched the song to Hilary Duff at one point. http://www.mtv.co.uk/charli-xcx/news/charli-xcx-boom-clap-nearly-went-to-hilary-duff

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

^ Added

ReplyCopy URL
    M H
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t care much for The Lego Movie, but I would love to see “Everything Is Awesome” nominated, just to see Tegan and Sara perform at the ceremony. 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

And The Lonely Island! And ugggggh. I love that song I am not happy it won’t qualify 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

^ Hey, I like The Lonely Island!

ReplyCopy URL
    KristopherRod
    Participant
    Topics:

Doesn’t Ed Sheeran also have a possibility of getting nominated for All of the Stars in The a Fault in Our Stars? It did play during the credits.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah that is true too because it is the first song on the credits. That’s a great song too. That whole soundtrack is impressive. It seems like more and more soundtracks are becoming stronger. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

I really doubt The Fault in Our Stars and Mockingjay: Part 1 will get nominated – every year there is a young and talented musician who does a song for a popular film, and they don’t get in. But as much as I dislike the movie, I do like Ed Sheeran, so I think he’d be a deserving nominee. 

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah that is true too because it is the first song on the credits. That’s a great song too. That whole soundtrack is impressive. It seems like more and more soundtracks are becoming stronger. 

That soundtrack is honestly one of my favorite albums of this year. There are a number of great songs on there. The highlights are definitely “All of the Stars,” “Boom Clap,” and “Not About Angels.” I think they’re all eligible (except maybe “Boom Clap” since I don’t think it was written for the film). I’d love to see one of them get nominated. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Doesn’t Ed Sheeran also have a possibility of getting nominated for All of the Stars in The a Fault in Our Stars? It did play during the credits.

Hmm… I’ll consider adding it in to the contenders. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 276 total)
Reply To: Best Original Song 2014

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.