Home Forums Movies Best Original Song 2015 (Vote now in Predictions Center)

Best Original Song 2015 (Vote now in Predictions Center)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 155 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s get talking about this year’s song contenders! 

FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

One that I could see being a contender is “See You Again” from Furious 7. One reason is the film was a tremendous b.o. success. Another is that voters might get sentimental due to Paul Walker’s tragic passing. Plus, if Eminem and Three 6 Mafia can call themselves Oscar nominees and winners, I don’t see why Wiz Khalifa and co. can’t. 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Some of the songs I have listed that have possible shots: 

Salted Wound “Fifty Shades of Grey”
    Love Me Like You Do “Fifty Shades of Grey” 
    Towards the Sun “Home”
    Fine On the Outside “When Marnie Was There”
    Can’t Bring Me Down “Dope”
    Mean Ol’ Moon “Ted 2”  

I’ll See You in My Dreams “I’ll See You in My Dreams” (does anyone know if this song is original or a cover?) 

Dope and Fifty Shades of Grey have lots of songs on their soundtracks but I don’t know which ones were in the movie per Academy rules 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Also from ‘Dope’- “Don’t Get Deleted”, used during the “Lily” montage/party/YouTube reactions scene and “It’s My Turn Now” used at the end of the film leading up to Malcolm’s final monologue. There’s a 4th song, “Go Ahead”, and it could also be in contention, but I doubt it. The other three have a better chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I’m listening to soundtrack trying to remember. I think they have a nice group of songs to pick from. “It’s My Turn Now” might have a better shot or “Can’t Bring Me Down” because it is used in the promos 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Yeah I’m listening to soundtrack trying to remember. I think they have a nice group of songs to pick from. “It’s My Turn Now” might have a better shot or “Can’t Bring Me Down” because it is used in the promos 

Yeah. They did make a video for “Don’t Get Deleted” though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt that any Fifty Shades of Grey song will get in for nomination morning.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

I bet one will be at the Globes with the star power on the album. Sia was nominated last year so I could see her returning. She also wrote one of the Burlesque songs nominated in 2010 

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Till It Happens from the Hunting Groun seems to have a decent chance. It’s a moving ballad, created by 3 superstars, its a message song. 

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

This is kind of a joke but kind of not, but would the song from the short film Lava be eligible? It’s a beatiful song and has been stuck in my head since I saw Inside Out. It would essentially be like giving the film it’s version of an original screenplay nomination haha. With all that said, I’m sure it’s probably inelgible, but it would be a pretty cool nomination and would be really deserving

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC: “Bing Bong Theme” from Inside Out.

Because why not? 

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

Is “Flashlight” from Pitch Perfect 2 eligible? I mean, I’m not a huge fan of the song, but the single version is performed by Jessie J and the song was co-written by Sia and Sam Smith. That’s some big star power. A GG nom, at least?

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah I was thinking about Flashlight last night. That could get a Globe nom if anything. The Hunting Ground song could get a boost for Dianne Warren writing the song and as we saw last year she can get in with an under the radar song like “Grateful” from Beyond the Lights. Lava might be ineligible since the short was on last year’s ballot. I haven’t seen The Last Five Years yet but did that have any original songs? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Noé
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC: “Bing Bong Theme” from Inside Out.

Because why not? 

Who’s your friend who likes to play? Bing Bong! BING BONG!

Yeah! At least is a substantial part of the plot and not just a commercial/bait song. I’d include it in my ballot. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Noé
    Participant
    Topics:

This is kind of a joke but kind of not, but would the song from the short film Lava be eligible? It’s a beatiful song and has been stuck in my head since I saw Inside Out. It would essentially be like giving the film it’s version of an original screenplay nomination haha. With all that said, I’m sure it’s probably inelgible, but it would be a pretty cool nomination and would be really deserving

Not eligible cause LAVA is not eligible. Also I don’t think we ever had a song nominated from a short film, is it allowed? 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 155 total)
Reply To: Best Original Song 2015 (Vote now in Predictions Center)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.