Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actor 1976

Best Supporting Actor 1976

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
Anthony
ENGLAND
  • FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

Who would’ve been your choice to win out of this lineup? (This is quite an exceptional lineup, imo)

Mine would’ve been Laurence Olivier with Burgess Meredith at a close second. 

Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

This was such an interesting lineup.

I think Jason Robards is a very strong actor, but his work in All The President’s Men was nothing spectacular. He was good and solid and gave the role what it needed, but I found nothing remarkable otherwise.

Ned Beatty has only two scenes in Network (his first being pretty much being “blink and you miss it”), but his one stand out scene is very memorable and one of the best in the movie.

Burgess Meredith was my favorite thing about Rocky, even if he was in a sterotype-cliche role.

Burt Young, for me, is like Robards in that I didn’t find anything special in his performance.

Lord Olivier has the memorable “Is It Safe?” bit and is very chilling in this role.

I usually bounce back and forth between Meredith and Olivier but for now I choose Olivier.

#1-Lord Laurence Olivier

#2-Burgess Meredith

#3-Ned Beatty

#4-Jason Robards

#5-Burt Young

(Robert Duvall should’ve been here for NETWORK and he could’ve gotten my vote easily….and if they had made Peter Finch supporting…it would’ve been over).

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Burgess Meredith is my winner. Outstanding performance. 1976 was a great year in this category.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Best Supporting Actor 1976

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.