BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR 2017

Home // Forums // Movies // BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 355 total)

This topic contains 354 replies, has 2237 views, and was last updated by  Malcolm Dunbar 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Profile photo of BeeBee
    Participant
    Total Topics

Lol so much dislike of ATJ personally is clouding people’s judgement

Personally?

Profile photo of Michael ParisiMoviebuff22
    Participant
    Total Topics

Lol so much dislike of ATJ personally is clouding people’s judgement

Personally?

A lot of dislike for his performance and movie

Profile photo of BeeBee
    Participant
    Total Topics

Then that’s the performance and the movie. You said personally as if that had to do with himself. I don’t care for him at all as a person but just cause I hate the film and don’t even consider his performance to be awards-worthy is nothing “personal”. The movie is just bad and his performance is an ok Texas Toast.

Profile photo of Adam RockAdam Rock
    Participant
    Total Topics

ATJ’s performance is fine but he is not getting nominated. I think his win at the Globes might actually help Bridges more than anyone else in that category. Ali will obviously still win SAG and we will go into the Oscars not having much of a clue between those two who is going to win.

Profile photo of MM
    Participant
    Total Topics

ATJ’s performance is fine but he is not getting nominated. I think his win at the Globes might actually help Bridges more than anyone else in that category. Ali will obviously still win SAG and we will go into the Oscars not having much of a clue between those two who is going to win.

Are you under the impression Ali will lose at BAFTA?

Profile photo of Eddy QEddy Q
    Participant
    Total Topics

Are you under the impression Ali will lose at BAFTA?

Well I am.

Profile photo of RicosMamaRicosMama
    Participant
    Total Topics

I can’t see Ali taking the BAFTA. If anything they will give it to Harris in supporting since she is British and they certainly did not respond to Fences. BAFTA is going to go to either Patel or ATJ.

Profile photo of MM
    Participant
    Total Topics

I don’t see Ali as vulnerable here. He could lose but I don’t think Golden Globe Tomei (apologizes to the genuinely talented Marisa Tomei) stud fuck-boy Aaron Taylor-Johnson is going to happen.

Profile photo of BeeBee
    Participant
    Total Topics

I don’t see Ali as vulnerable here. He could lose but I don’t think Golden Globe Tomei (apologizes to the genuinely talented Marisa Tomei) stud fuck-boy Aaron Taylor-Johnson is going to happen.

I would put ATJ at fifth if they didn’t love Nocturnal Animals the way they did. Ali could maybe win here but it’s definitely not a landslide.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Total Topics

I would love to see Issey Ogata get a surprise nomination for Silence – he is a scene-stealer and each time he comes on the screen I perked up. It’s a long-shot; Silence is very slow yet has rewards with patience.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson is marvelous in Nocturnal Animals; I am unfamiliar with him but left the movie really impressed with his performance (much more so than Michael Shannon’s, which was competent but nothing special)

I would be happiest on nominations morning if they called out Lucas Hedges, Issey Ogata, Dev Patel, Ashton Sanders and Aaron Taylor-Johnson’s names.

Profile photo of J HJ H
    Participant
    Total Topics

In a year when the nation’s next prez seems to think rounding up the Japanese into camps was a decent idea, I don’t need to see recognition for a yellow devil kind of character.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Total Topics

^J H: it’s at ACTING AWARD; it’s not about the character the actor plays! Good grief, have people become so distorted in their thinking they do not understand something this simple?

Profile photo of J HJ H
    Participant
    Total Topics

the source material is crap too.

Profile photo of Eddy QEddy Q
    Participant
    Total Topics

In a year when the nation’s next prez seems to think rounding up the Japanese into camps was a decent idea, I don’t need to see recognition for a yellow devil kind of character.

He is far more than a yellow devil character. His exchanges with Andrew Garfield are some of the most intellectually stimulating in the movie. Also the comedic elements of his role are pitched just right, without being overdone.

PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Total Topics

Ali is the defaultiest of default frontrunners. The fact that he lost to someone who isn’t even a star, like Bridges or Grant, and wasn’t even previously in conversation for Oscar till he actually won is a bad bad sign. Especially when it doesn’t look like he will win BAFTA. I’d be betting the field.

Ogata would need passion votes and Silence has exactly zero passion behind it.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 355 total)
Reply To: BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR 2017

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.