Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress: 1978

Best Supporting Actress: 1978

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Best Supporting Actress: 1978
Dyan Cannon (Heaven Can Wait)
Angela Lansbury (Death on the Nile)
Maggie Smith (California Suite)
Maureen Stapleton (Interiors)
Meryl Streep (The Deer Hunter)
  • darthvader12
    Participant
    Topics:

These are my Best Supporting Actress nominees for 1978. Feel free to vote for your pick.

Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Stapleton, though Smith, Streep, Cannon and also Penelope Milford were all marvelous as well – a really terrific line-up all-around.

OSCAR FLASHBACK: Best Original Song (2015) – Someday, Diane Warren, You’ll Get This

ReplyCopy URL
    keithw
    Participant
    Topics:

This was a great lineup for the Oscar! My choice was Maggie Smith in “California Suite” followed by Stapleton which is how I figure the votes went.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

For some reason the world doesn’t want me to see Interiors. It’s not in my library circulation and not on streaming sites (for free). I’m hoping TCM will help me out one of these days. Maggie Smith wins this for me. She’s so hilarious in this movie and her chemistry with Michael Caine is dynamite. Would have also included Elaine May for Suite as well in this line up

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Maggie Smith wins for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Justmimusicmon
    Participant
    Topics:

Maggie Smith!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Maggie. She’s completely sublime.

I’ll add Linda Manz for Days of Heaven.
    “I’ve been thinking what to do wit’ my future. I could be a mud doctor. Checkin’ out the eart’. Underneat’. “

ReplyCopy URL
    Jake
    Participant
    Topics:

For some reason the world doesn’t want me to see Interiors. It’s not in my library circulation and not on streaming sites (for free). I’m hoping TCM will help me out one of these days. Maggie Smith wins this for me. She’s so hilarious in this movie and her chemistry with Michael Caine is dynamite. Would have also included Elaine May for Suite as well in this line up

It’s weird how it goes sometimes as I have several films in that position but I was able to see “Interiors” a various times already. Geraldine Page and Maureen Stapleton rock it and both would get my votes in Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress, respectively. I would only consider Ingrid Bergman and Maggie Smith, although Lansbury should have been nominated – obvious standout from this amazing ensemble. I’m happy there will be new all-star adaptations of Christie, even though I would pick something different than “Murder on the Orient Express” which was fine as it was.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.