Home Forums Movies Best Supporting Actress 2012 (w/o Anne Hathaway)

Best Supporting Actress 2012 (w/o Anne Hathaway)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
KyleBailey
BrokenFan
babypook
  • FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

If there was no new adaptation of Les Miserables, which meant Anne Hathaway not winning her Oscar, who do you think would’ve taken the statue? Especially since Hathaway was such a lock to win before she did. I personally would say Adams, but how about you guys? Please note that this isn’t meant to be anti-Anne Hathaway, who I think is a fabulous actress. 

KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Sally Field was amazing as ever and I personally think that was her best performance. But I am still Team Hathaway she was just outstanding in Les Miserables. But Field would have been 3/3. The Master just didn’t get the voters attention I think seeing that it only got 3 nominations. Helen Hunt would have been 2nd even though I thought that was more of a lead performance. Adams 3rd because she is Adams. 4th sadly would have been Weaver even though she was terrific in Silver Linnings. Ann Dowd I think would have been that next performance in line to enter the race for “Compliance”, she got a Critic’s Choice and Spirit nominatons so she seemed like the next in line

ReplyCopy URL
    dude93
    Topics:

I think Sally Field would have won. Amy Adams’ time will come, but unfortunately it will be in a Kate Winslet/Sandra Bullock/Susan Sarandon kind of way, where she wins for a film because she’s overdue and not for that performance. Adams should’ve won for Junebug.

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

It would have been Sally Field or Amy Adams. The former had everything going for her: BP nominated film, acclaimed performance, but she’s won twice already and the performance, although good wasn’t a winner to me. Amy Adams’ win would have been been a way to reward that unfairly snubbed film and not to mention it was a critically acclaimed performance. 

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually found Sally Field to be distractingly bad in Lincoln, even though I may be in the minority. Adams, on the other hand, was terrific.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow talk about the rate of attrition with no Anne.

Sally is good but her role is cliched and her money scene one oft repeated in many other films and television movies.

Jackie Weaver is wonderful, but a few more moments on screen might make it easier to justify her nomination.

I’ve already said what I think of Amy’s pursed-lipped, dowdy performance.

That leaves Helen Hunt. inspite of the ‘iffyness’ over her placement. I’ll vote for her. She would have deserved the win regardless.

ReplyCopy URL
    benbraddock
    Participant
    Topics:

The Anne Hathaway bandwagon started quite early that year
    because everyone knew how great FIELD  was in LINCOLN
    and wanted to make sure she was NOT 3 for 3…
    Field was clearly the best, IMO, but Hathaway had the momentum
    all oscar season.
    My order…
    1. Field
    2. Adams
    3. Hathaway
    4. hunt
    5. Weaver

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Field or Weaver would have won

ReplyCopy URL
    Zayner
    Participant
    Topics:

If Anne Hathaway wasn’t in the race, I would have loved Ann Dowd (Compliance) to get her spot. She would have had my vote!

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Easy one for Sally Field. I think she would have been seen as a fitting win with no Anne Hathaway around. Amy Adams would have been a bridesmaid still for “The Master,” though I thought she was excellent.

But again there’s the “who was #6?” question to throw into the mix and change up the race. Not enough to win outright, but maybe winning some prizes along the way and shifting momentum somewhat. Could Ann Dowd have really been that close to a nomination? I’d like to think that #6 was Nicole Kidman, despite how divisive her performance was (I thought she was awesome). She would have been such a better nominee than Jacki Weaver was that year.

ReplyCopy URL
    AndMore
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the sixth slot would have went to Smith, Kidman or Dench before Dowd. They all had at least one nomination from a group that overlaps with the same voters of the Academy. (Smith and Kidman got SAG while Dench had BAFTA) 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

What did Dench do that year besides Marigold? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ “Skyfall”!

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

I think Kidman was #6. She got in both Globes and SAG and that’s pretty darn close. 

But would I have nominated her over Jackie Weaver? No. I like the five that we have.  

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Voted field. Seemed like an easy choice. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Best Supporting Actress 2012 (w/o Anne Hathaway)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.