Best Supporting Actress 2014 (Part 3)

Home // Forums // Movies // Best Supporting Actress 2014 (Part 3)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 458 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Etchie
    Topics:

New thread in anticipation as preceding nears Post # 500.

Another valid logic for a Streep WIN @ Globes ==>  If Globes cannot let Streep WIN for Supporting Actress, THEN, they should have elevated her to the less competitive Lead Actress C/M where she can be awarded & recognized being the Best-MVP in Into The Woods.

Sam
    Topics:

Keira has just confirmed the pregnancy rumours are true. When played right, can this boost her chances? To quote Gone Girl, America loves pregnant women, right?

ReplyCopy URL
    Mike
    Topics:

Good point, and Keira seems to have waited until the perfect time for the announcement however; past pregnant winners have been highly favored to win, and won a lot of other awards leading up to Oscar night. We are not even yet sure she is a lock at a nomination. Based on the critics reviews  and awards to date, Arquette is still far, far in the lead of this group. I am sure there will be some shake ups, but she is still highly favored to not only score a nomination but to win. Chastain and Streep may give her a run for her money, but I cannot see the other potential nominees scoring a win over Arquette.

ReplyCopy URL
    Milo Kunis
    Participant
    Topics:

Good point, and Keira seems to have waited until the perfect time for the announcement however; past pregnant winners have been highly favored to win, and won a lot of other awards leading up to Oscar night. We are not even yet sure she is a lock at a nomination. Based on the critics reviews  and awards to date, Arquette is still far, far in the lead of this group. I am sure there will be some shake ups, but she is still highly favored to not only score a nomination but to win. Chastain and Streep may give her a run for her money, but I cannot see the other potential nominees scoring a win over Arquette.

Like I mentioned in the last thread, the award is now referred to as: Best Supporting Arquette.

Sorry. I had to! 

ReplyCopy URL
    ScandalWife
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Arquette loses one race so it gets interesting. I hate races like Anne Hathaway where she won every single one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Choice Chayawat
    Participant
    Topics:

Arquette might lose GG without losing her status as a frontrunner. HFPA had no problem giving GGs to J-Law two years in a row. They love their stars and the other four nominees are much bigger stars than Arquette. Chastain just won two years ago, but if they are really impressed with her performance in AMVY, she could win again. And never count out Streep, especially in a role like the Witch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmys2011
    Participant
    Topics:

Sag and oscar are Arquettes. Its done.

Globe might easily be handed to Streep or Chastain. They adore the former, and apparently like the latter, having given her a win recently. She could be a back to back winner like Lawerence.

Knightley is not winning. Not a chance. She seems like that person whose film is beloved, so she is nominated for absolutely everything and wins nothing.

Dern is so gone…

ReplyCopy URL
    PreludeinCSharpMinor
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it’s the other way. Arquette wins Globe and Streep wins SAG. Streep only has one acting win w/SAG for Doubt, so I can see her easily winning this with ITW.

ReplyCopy URL
    Beyonce
    Participant
    Topics:

Keira or Chastain will win the Globe. bookmark me

Streep can stay home the night of the Ceremony and watch Katherine Hepburn movies

ReplyCopy URL
    Etchie
    Topics:

Like I mentioned in the last thread, the award is now referred to as: Best Supporting Arquette.

Sorry. I had to! 

What if I change the thread title to ==>  Best Streepporting Actress 

Arquette already made a somewhat conceding remark-reaction like “Meryl Streep, what do you do?” 

ReplyCopy URL
    Milo Kunis
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”MiloKunis”]

Sorry. I had to! 

What if I change the thread title to ==>  Best Streepporting Actress 
     [/quote]

What ever blows your skirt up.  

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone really think that anyone other than Arquette, Chastain, Derm, Knightley, Stone or Streep can get in? If so, who do you think? I think Dern is almost out anyway, so I think we might even already have our lineup.

ReplyCopy URL
    MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone really think that anyone other than Arquette, Chastain, Derm, Knightley, Stone or Streep can get in? If so, who do you think? I think Dern is almost out anyway, so I think we might even already have our lineup.

Nah, it’s Arquette, Chastain, Knightley, Stone and Streep. By far the easiest category to predict.
    Julianne Moore for Maps to the Stars would be awesome. But it’s not happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    ScandalWife
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone see one of these actress getting bumped to lead actress? It has happened before ie Kate Winslet. That would be interesting if the Academy takes Arquette, Streep, or Chastain to lead. Stone and Knightley are for sure supporting roles.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw The Imitation Game and my opinion of Keira Knightley’s performance in the superb A+ movie is that she is solid but I don’t think she’s quite worthy of an Oscar nomination. Of performances I’ve seen so far, I would place Patricia Arquette, Rene Russo, Imelda Staunton, Kim Dickens, Carrie Coon, Naomi Watts (in Birdman – haven’t seen St. Vincent), Lindsay Duncan, Lorelei Linklater, Shohreh Aghdashloo, and Laura Dern (in the Fault In Our Stars) all ahead of her (haven’t seen Meryl Streep, Jessica Chastain (in A Most Violent Year), Carmen Ejogo, Kristen Stewart, Laura Dern (in Wild), Dorothy Atkinson…; I disliked Emma Stone’s “performance” (ahem) in Birdman).

I won’t be unhappy if Ms. Knightley is nominated; the film is so superb and she is very likable in her role, but I just believe there are others more deserving of recognition for 2014.

^Who decides about placement? Meryl Streep and Jessica Chastain could still be placed in lead – haven’t seen either picture yet so I don’t know what I think about it. Ms. Arquette belongs in the supporting category, regardless of what the LAFC thinks about it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 458 total)
Reply To: Best Supporting Actress 2014 (Part 3)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.