Home Forums Movies Cannes Film Festival 2015

Cannes Film Festival 2015

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 379 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +25 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Coen Bros. to Chair Jury at 68th Cannes Film Festival

http://www.indiewire.com/article/coen-brothers-to-chair-jury-at-68th-cannes-film-festival-20150120 

TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

Ooooooh! I like it!

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Will be interesting to see this year how many true comedies make it on to the Palme D’Or line up, and if there are some, how well they will do. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Leonardo
    Topics:

Awesome!!! Excellent Jury Presidents… 

What films could make it to Cannes this year? Haven’t heard of any yet… 

ReplyCopy URL
    Leonardo
    Topics:

2015 Cannes Jury Presidents’ Favorite Films list here

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

bump

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Good Jury Presidents don’t really impact on who wins; they help facilitate the discussions and keep the jury focused.

Personally, I almost always root for French films at Cannes! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Nessie
    Topics:

Never too early, n’est-ce pas?

Le Figaro, a usually reliable source, has published an article about Le Film francais (sorry my French accents don’t work on this keybord) about what they think will be submitted to Cannes:

Which feature films will be presented in competition in Cannes? The Film francais mentioned some possibilities in its latest issue.

Mid-April the official selection of the 68th Festival of Cannes will be revealed. Many rumours have already emerged as to which films will be presented. Le Film francais has listed those which might be in competition  (or out of competition).

For the opening (out of competition), there might be the 4th edition of Mad Max, Fury Road by George Miller, Belles Familles by Jea-Paul Rappeneau or Human by Yann Arthus-Bertrand.

Among the feature length French films: Erran by Jacques Audiard, Nos Arcadie, Trois Souvenirs de ma jeunesse by Arnaud Desplechin and Mon roi by Maiwenn with Vincent Cassel and Emmanuelle Bercot, already all appear as favorites for the Palme d’or.

(Note from Nessie: hmm, let us not forget that Chauvin was French!)

The other French films to watch are L’Ombre des femmes by Philippe Garrel, Marguerite by Xavier Giannoli, Une histoire de fou by Robert GuédiguianAmnesia by Barbet Schroeder, Comme un avion by Bruno PodalydèsLa Tête haute d’Emmanuelle Bercot, The Valley of Love by Guillaume Nicloux with Gérard Depardieu and Isabelle Huppert,Marguerite et Julien by Valérie Donzelli et Un homme by Stéphane Brizé.

Several Italian films should also be submitted in competition: Mia madre by Nanni MorettiIl raconto dei raconti by Matteo Garrone with Salma Hayek, Vincent Cassel and Toby Jones, La Giovinezza by Paolo Sorrentino avec Michael Caine, Harvey Keitel and Jane Fonda.

We may also see the biopic about Lance Armstrong by Stephen Frears, Les Chevaliers blancs by Joachim Lafosse, The Lobster by Yorgos Lanthimos with Colin FarrellLouder Than Bombs by the Norwegian Joachim Trier.

Representing North America, Terrence Malick may be selected for Voyage of TimeThe Sea of Trees, by Gus van Sant, with Matthew McConaughey and Ken Watanabe, The Last Face by Sean Penn with Adèle Exarchopoulos.

Other possibilities: the new Woody Allen with Joaquin Phoenix and Emma Stone and Scorsese’s Silence (note: what??? He hasn’t even started filming that yet!)

Maybe even The Revenant by Alejandro González Iñárritu, avec Leonardo DiCaprio et Tom Hardy (doubt it!), Love in Khon Kaen by Apichatpong Weerasethakul.

Don’t know how reliable Le Film francais is (probably insofar as French films are concerned) if they think Scorsese might be showing up with Silence!

ReplyCopy URL
    Leonardo
    Topics:

I don’t think either THE REVENANT or SILENCE will make it to Cannes, they will most likely end up in american Fall festivals. But we could get new stills or news about’em coming from Cannes!

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

I read on indiewire that The Silence likely won’t be released till 2016.

ReplyCopy URL
    DominicCobb
    Participant
    Topics:

They think Malick’s Voyage of Time will be at Cannes? I remember an interview with Dede Gardner that said that was a few years away. Isn’t Knight of Cups finished? And what about his other movie, the one that used to be called Lawless?

ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

This year’s candidate comes from Portuguese director Miguel Gomes (Tabu), who took a year to shoot Arabian Nights, which is divided into three sections—The Restless, The Desolate and The Enchanted—and reportedly runs six hours and 37 minutes.

Yasss my country is slaying!

I think Sea of Trees is a good bet, they love ’em some Van Sant. I also have a feeling Midnight Special is making the cut. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Nessie
    Topics:

This year’s candidate comes from Portuguese director Miguel Gomes (Tabu), who took a year to shoot Arabian Nights, which is divided into three sections—The Restless, The Desolate and The Enchanted—and reportedly runs six hours and 37 minutes.

I think Sea of Trees is a good bet, they love ’em some Van Sant. I also have a feeling Midnight Special is making the cut. 

I love Jeff Nichols! So hoping this will be good. Sea of Trees: I read the script online (I suppose the filmed version was rewritten to some extent) and I had a few reservations about the ending, but the roles of McConaughey and Watanabe are superbly written and Watts should have a baitier (supporting) role here (for spoilerish reasons) than in Demolition if she’s also supporting in that (and I think she is).

ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”tomhardys”]This year’s candidate comes from Portuguese director Miguel Gomes (Tabu), who took a year to shoot Arabian Nights, which is divided into three sections—The Restless, The Desolate and The Enchanted—and reportedly runs six hours and 37 minutes.

I love Jeff Nichols! So hoping this will be good. Sea of Trees: I read the script online (I suppose the filmed version was rewritten to some extent) and I had a few reservations about the ending, but the roles of McConaughey and Watanabe are superbly written and Watts should have a baitier (supporting) role here (for spoilerish reasons) than in Demolition if she’s also supporting in that (and I think she is).[/quote]

Jeff Nichols is great! Throw Adam Driver, Kirsten Dunst and Michael Shannon and I’m SO in. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

^Kirsten Dunst is one of the most underrated actresses working today. She should’ve won the Oscar for ‘Melancholia’, but of course she wasn’t even nominated. Glad to see she has some interesting projects on the way (plus season 2 of ‘Fargo’).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 379 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.