Carrie – news/reviews (10/18/13)

Home // Forums // Movies // Carrie – news/reviews (10/18/13)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Beau S.
    Topics:

The first trailer for Kimberly Pierce’s remake of the film Carrie, based on the Stephen King novel and starring Chloe Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore, has been released: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQaTU9VFGbg

Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

the ”Academy Award Nominee Julianne Moore” in a horror movie means that they hope that Moore will be able to pull it off a reception like Laurie did. I’m kinda hoping too!

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdoVioPv0fs&feature=player_embedded

Here’s the first full-length trailer. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Graeme O’Neil
    Topics:

Julianne Moore looks hella creepy in this. She’s gonna have an incredible 2013. She’s gonna rival her incredible 5 award-worthy performances in 1999.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

It’s amazing to see how Ruth Gordon’s character in “Rosemary’s Baby” and Piper Laurie’s in “Carrie” contributed to the creation and shaping of Constance Langdon in “American Horror Story”.  It’s even cooler to see how that character’s popularity and Jessica Lange’s success awardswise has now influenced an ushering in of a handful of new and old characters in the same vain (this, Vera Farmiga in Bates Motel, Barbara Hershey in Once Upon a Time, Kathy Bates joining AHS, etc.).

This looks decent.  What I’m hoping for most, I suppose, is Moore to succeed with either of her upcoming ventures, this being one of them, obviously.  I hope she’s given a scene or two to really rip through the scenery like only she and all the other greats (Lange, Streep, et. al.)  can do.  This may be her time at a different kind of podium

ReplyCopy URL
    james alexander clim
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope this is one of those movies when the trailer is shitty but the movie is fine.
    Based on the trailer it seems like Chloe Grace Moretz is miscast. she doesn’t seem like an outcast.  

ReplyCopy URL
    AroundU
    Topics:

A lot of people are saying the same about Chloe Moretz being miscast. She is a talented actress but I guess for this role based on he trailer she doesn’t quite fit. I guess the fact Sissy Spacek was so iconic doesn’t help. I personally think Elle Fanning would of been a better choice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Beau S.
    Topics:

Interesting note: this film has an interactive marketing campaign where you call a number that supposedly has you “Call Carrie.” It’s catching on all over twitter and youtube, with reaction mostly positive.

This film could be very, very successful. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Actriz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve called the number – very creepy, and legitimately scary.

I think Moore will be nominated for this. She has a huge number of factors going for her. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabriel
    Participant
    Topics:

This screams of “Trashy inferior remake” material. It also looks too teen-y to be a major awards magnet. I don’t see Moore being a factor.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

This is such a classic movie and I still am confused why a remake was needed but the trailor looked good so maybe this won’t be as bad as I thought it was going to be.

ReplyCopy URL
    M H
    Participant
    Topics:

I am torn on this. Kimberly Peirce had a brilliant debut film, and followed it up with a pretty bad second film. So will this be the talen that brought us “Boys Don’t Cry” or the seeming disinterest that brought is “Stop-Loss”?

This film will likely, for me at least, go a long way toward showing what kind of director Peirce really is.  

ReplyCopy URL
    BrokenFan
    Topics:

I’m also not convinced of Julianne Moore’s chances. This film is this year’s “remake that noone asked for”. It can turn out to be like Snow White and the Huntsman, which had oh so much potential. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Charlize Theron Fan
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope this is one of those movies when the trailer is shitty but the movie is fine.
    Based on the trailer it seems like Chloe Grace Moretz is miscast. she doesn’t seem like an outcast.  

Well, she is an actor. And a good one, so far. She can certainly act like an outcast. Afterall, Spacek is no weirdo misfit and yet she convinced me; same with Piper Laurie. Peirce is no Brian de Palma, but she did direct Boys Dont Cry.
    Hope this is good, but what shoes to fill.   

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Carrie – news/reviews (10/18/13)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.