Home Forums Movies Critics Choice Awards 2019 Live Stream Online Reactions + SAG Awards 2018

Critics Choice Awards 2019 Live Stream Online Reactions + SAG Awards 2018

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 316 through 329 (of 329 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
TVFan365
Marcus Snowde..
Teridax
  • Jake
    Participant
    Topics:

Allison Janney is fine actress but I would want her to win for something less broad and one-note than this. That being said, if Laurie Metcalf won’t win SAG, it’s Janney’s to lose.

Spark87
    Participant
    Topics:

me to all the sudden dislikes against ronan on this thread.

Hahaha. I couldn’t help it, this is what Mildred has to say to Lady Bird/Christine: Three Billboards

Delilah
    Participant
    Topics:

Brody had a few things going for him that Chalamalot or whatever it is simply does not: in a potential BP winner, vote splitting, physical transformation

The Pianist was never a potential winner. Nominated? Yes. But not up against Chicago, Scorsese, and The Hours. CMBYN isn’t going to win but it will get nominated. An like The Pianist, it’ll get one of the big awards- Adapted Screenplay to Polankski’s Director win.

And if you don’t think DDL isn’t going to shave some votes off of Oldman…

The biggest thing against Chalamet is age.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Delilah.
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

The Pianist was surely more of a Best Picture contender than Gangs of New York and The Hours.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

How did The Pianist do so terribly at the guilds, then win Oscars for directing, writing and lead acting, plus the BAFTA for Best Film?

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

If voting lasted for another month, I think that “The Pianist” could have seriously upset for Best Picture over “Chicago.”

TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

And if you don’t think DDL isn’t going to shave some votes off of Oldman…

It’s a pity Day-Lewis hasn’t really been much of a presence this year. I wouldn’t mind Timothée losing the Oscar to him.

Delilah
    Participant
    Topics:

The Pianist was surely more of a Best Picture contender than Gangs of New York and The Hours.

Chicago: Globe, SAG, PGA, DGA, LAFCA, CC, 13 noms

The Hours: Globe, NBR, WGA, 9 noms

The Pianist: BAFTA, 4 noms

Yes, Gangs had won few precursors save Day Lewis, but you also still had the overdue Scorsese narrative, 10 noms, and Weinstein producing.

unown
    Participant
    Topics:

Hahaha. I couldn’t help it, this is what Mildred has to say to Lady Bird/Christine: Three Billboards

hahahaha. how can i not respond!! @spark87

Lady Bird: Mildred Who?

Spark87
    Participant
    Topics:

Three

If Ronan wins the SAG and the BAFTA we can call this a race. Looking at the precursos the SAG is gonna go to McDormand, and if that happens the race is over. In the last decade there’s not a single actress who has won the Oscar with just the BAFTA, but the bets are 9 to 1 for the actresses that won the Oscar with the combo of GG+CC+SAG (last year the Critic’s Choice went to Natalie Portman instead of Emma Stone).

And even saying so, is not guaranteed that the BAFTA is gonna go to Ronan. Hawkins maybe can upset McDormand, but just MAYBE.

This race is much more entertaining that the Best Actor one, Oldman has this in the ba

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Spark87.
    Keth
    Participant
    Topics:

Three

If Ronan wins the SAG and the BAFTA we can call this a race. Looking at the precursos the SAG is gonna go to McDormand, and if that happens the race is over. In the last decade there’s not a single actress who has won the Oscar with just the BAFTA, but the bets are 9 to 1 for the actresses that won the Oscar with the combo of GG+CC+SAG (last year the Critic’s Choice went to Natalie Portman instead of Emma Stone).

And even saying so, is not guaranteed that the BAFTA is gonna go to Ronan. Hawkins maybe can upset McDormand, but just MAYBE.

This race is much more entertaining that the Best Actor one, Oldman has this in the ba

I can’t see McDormand losing at this point in the race.. I would like it to be much closer than it probably is, though..

Gabe Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

What if Hawkins wins SAG and/or BAFTA?

DCurrie
    Participant
    Topics:

No shock here they copied the HFPA’s voting, for the very most part! Glad to see Margot win, too!

Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

What if Hawkins wins SAG and/or BAFTA?

Hawkins isn’t winning SAG. Her movie under-performed by failing to get in for Octavia and Ensemble, while Three Billboards was so strong even Woody got in Supporting. Even if she wins Bafta it will only be due to Brit bias and won’t make a difference in McDormand collecting her 2nd Oscar.

Viewing 14 posts - 316 through 329 (of 329 total)

The topic ‘Critics Choice Awards 2019 Live Stream Online Reactions + SAG Awards 2018’ is closed to new replies.