Eleanor Parker in “The Sound of Music” (1965)

Home // Forums // Movies // Eleanor Parker in “The Sound of Music” (1965)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

Brilliant film. Incredibly strong performances: both in lead and supporting. But I don’t understand one thing. How did Eleanor Parker miss the cut for the Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination? I mean I liked Peggy Wood as Mother Abbess, but she didn’t do anything spectacular on screen to make the cut over Parker.

Parker was a three-time nominee by 1965 in an Oscar-friendly role, in a Best Picture-award-winning movie. What the hell happened?

Do you guys agree?

Tom
    Participant
    Topics:

Couldn’t agree more. She would have been very deserving of the nomination. The way the Baroness tried to win the heart of Captain von Trapp but then attempt to humiliate Maria through her affection towards the Captain made her a bit of a villain. She played the role well and left a longer lasting impression than Peggy Wood (whose performance I enjoyed).

ReplyCopy URL
    CAROL-CHANNING
    Topics:

The scene in the bedroom at the party between the Baroness & Maria is brilliantly acted. 

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah Peggy Wood seemed like she got nominated for Climb Every Mountain.. which she didn’t even sing herself. She was great but there were alot of great supporting ladies in that movie 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Eleanor Parker in “The Sound of Music” (1965)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.