Home Forums Movies Exodus (2014)

Exodus (2014)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Actriz
    Participant
    Topics:

Looks like Ridley Scott wants an Oscar.
    Great news for Sigourney Weaver fans!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528100/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Weaver for best actress………a very good possibility.

ReplyCopy URL
    Army Of Me
    Participant
    Topics:

Doesn’t the role of Tuya seem more likely in the supporting category?  I could see Bale pushed for lead, with Edgerton and Weaver both considered supporting.  This type of epic seems like it could either be beloved or blasted, however I will expect the former because I am personally a fan of Scott.

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

So, Paul is winning that oscar huh

ReplyCopy URL
    KT
    Topics:

I don’t know if Paul can pull off the Biblical.  He just seems too contemporary, the way he speaks.

Yeah, I don’t think Sigourney’s the lead of the movie.

And Joel Edgerton as the pharoah.  I’m not sure he would be my first choice.

I don’t know…in recent years, many epics have totally failed at the Oscar game. 

ReplyCopy URL
    MHS83
    Participant
    Topics:

Since there is already a film called Exodus (1960, Preminger) will they be forced to change the name to “Ridley Scott’s Exodus, based on the Pentateuch by Moses”?

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope I’m wrong, but this has ‘controversy’ all over it already. People, are fighting about this fiflm. Seriously. Well, I guess it could have the opposite effect and spur people into the theatres.

ReplyCopy URL
    Actriz
    Participant
    Topics:

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/first-picture-christian-bale-moses-ridley-scotts-exodus/

First Picture of Christian Bale as Moses in Ridley Scott’s ‘Exodus’

COMMENTS

Well, I guess this works

By:
    Published: Monday, December 30th 2013 at 7:15 AM

Christian Bale in Exodus
    Photo: 20th Century Fox

20th Century Fox has premiered the first picture of Christian Bale as Moses in Ridley Scott‘s Exodus,
    just one of 2014’s Biblical epics, this one centering on the story of
    Moses (Bale) as he leads the Israelites out of Egypt into the Sinai
    desert and eventually to the Promised Land.

Bale stars in the film alongside Joel Edgerton as Rhamses, Aaron Paul as Joshua, John Turturro as Seti, Sigourney Weaver as Tuya and Ben Kingsley. The film is set for a December 12, 2014 release.

ReplyCopy URL
    Renaton
    Topics:

I hope I’m wrong, but this has ‘controversy’ all over it already. People, are fighting about this fiflm. Seriously. Well, I guess it could have the opposite effect and spur people into the theatres.

Yeah, I think this looks like a film that could gain a lot from the controversy. Like “Passion Of Christ” did. But it’s been a while since Ridley had a hit, but who knows? This could be bigger than we expect.

ReplyCopy URL
    Renaton
    Topics:

So, Paul is winning that oscar huh

I wish he was playing God. “Yo, you shall have no other gods before me, bitch!” 

ReplyCopy URL
    benbraddock
    Participant
    Topics:

Disaster in the works!!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    DominicCobb
    Participant
    Topics:

Could be anywhere from the worst film of the year to the best. Really can’t be sure with Scott these days. The cast is outstanding but you can’t even trust that after The Counselor. My fingers are crossed it’s on the great end of the spectrum, this has a whole lot of potential.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Since there is already a film called Exodus (1960, Preminger) will they be forced to change the name to “Ridley Scott’s Exodus, based on the Pentateuch by Moses”?

LMAO!

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

I was watching that History Channel’s The Bible, also having read the book. I believe people are understimating how fit Aaron Paul is for this role, I could easily see him being a real contender playing Joshua. Also, Rhamses is a very meaty role, but not sure if Edgerton is a nice cast for this. Also there is a new article about the movie and I already quote here.

• Aaron Paul says: “The Bible is a sensitive subject to many people. The film will cause a controversy when it comes out, and I like that.”
    • Ridley Scott says: “Moses rises against the thousands of Egyptian gods in the name of one god. This is a very modern idea.”

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/filmchat/2014/03/ridley-scott-on-the-very-modern-monotheism-of-moses.html

ReplyCopy URL
    Scottferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

The film has one thing going for it – Need for Speed, with Aaron Paul, is a big hit overseas (much bigger than in the US, despite Paul being virtually unknown to foreign audiences). That could help its chances.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.