Home Forums Movies Fences (2016) Thread

Fences (2016) Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 527 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Someonelikeme
DCurrie
  • FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

So the film adaptation of the Broadway play Fences by August has been getting the greenlit with Viola Davis starring and Tony Kushner (Lincoln, TV’s Angels In America) penning the script. Denzel Washington will direct and possibly co-star. 

Apparently, they’re trying to get it filmed ASAP in time for awards consideration. If so, then that can mean one thing…Queen Viola is coming to claim her Triple Crown!! 

Justmimusicmon
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, Viola!

Apparently, it’s in pre-production, and set to start shooting in April. I’d think in this day & age, that should be ample time to complete it for a year end release…

ReplyCopy URL
    Patrick
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope it’s not rushed so much that the film suffers (*cough cough* Joy). I’d rather them take their time in making a great film, than rushing to make a shitty one just so it can be done in time for the awards cycle.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Go Viola! 

ReplyCopy URL
    SupaDupa Fly
    Participant
    Topics:

Come through for me, Viola. I seen some of the clips on youtube. I’m here for this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Amazing play but Denzel directing? “Antwone Fisher” and “The Great Debaters” were decent but this material merits a far more interesting filmmaker. It could easily suffer the same fate of “August: Osage County.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

My brain just annihilated the “n” on the center when I was reading this title.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Just been looking this up now. We can’t be 100% sure if this will actually be ready this year, but I’m wondering if, when the time comes, Viola Davis will be campaigned as lead or supporting. When the play premiered Mary Alice won the Best Featured Actress Tony for playing Rose, but Davis recently won a lead Tony for the same role. I haven’t seen or read the play, but for anyone who has, which category do you think the role belongs in and which is more likely for Davis to be campaigned in?

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d argue it’s a Supporting role but if she could garner a Lead push for “The Help”…

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Amazing play but Denzel directing? “Antwone Fisher” and “The Great Debaters” were decent but this material merits a far more interesting filmmaker. It could easily suffer the same fate of “August: Osage County.”

Yes maybe, but Denzel deserves the helm. Imo, he’s already shown more potential as a Director than some of the Oscar winning ones working. AOC may not have been everyone’s niche for a favorite film, but it did OK for the actors and crew.

I’m biased anyways, when it comes to Mr Washington. Who knows? Maybe this gets him at least a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait, isn’t this an HBO movie? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

^ ^ ^ No, not this one. Also, plz cast Michael B. Jordan as Cory! The real baity supporting role though is Gabriel. Actors playing Cory, Gabriel, and Bono have been nodded for Tonys in either OBC or Revival.

ReplyCopy URL
    DCurrie
    Participant
    Topics:

Filming is scheduled to take place from April 18 through June 10. Open casting calls for smaller roles take place next Saturday in Philadelphia!

ReplyCopy URL
    Kevin Groome
    Participant
    Topics:

Filming is scheduled to take place from April 18 through June 10. Open casting calls for smaller roles take place next Saturday in Philadelphia!

WAIT what?! Lemme go get some quick headshots and hope for a white male part.  

ReplyCopy URL
    DCurrie
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL! Kevin, I think you’re good, as the casting article states they’re auditioning for small parts of all ethnicities.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 527 total)
Reply To: Fences (2016) Thread

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.