Home Forums Movies Fences 2016/2017 Thread

Fences 2016/2017 Thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 398 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
distain
Bee
  • DCurrie
    Participant
    Topics:

Well folks, the last Fences thread has exceeded 500 posts, and that typically around these parts, is the max before a new one is created. With that being said, here’s a new one. Let’s continue….

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Yep, Denzel is winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Justmimusicmon
    Participant
    Topics:

Yep, Denzel is winning.

thedemong, what prompted that comment?

ReplyCopy URL
    AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

Yep, Denzel is winning.

Yep. So is Viola Davis.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Yep, Denzel is winning.

thedemong, what prompted that comment?

The Academy will want to make itself feel good after last night’s results.

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Davis and probably supporting actor will be more than enough for black actors in terms of politics. I still believe Casey will win actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Justmimusicmon
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Casey is winning. At best, I think Manchester by the Sea will be thrown a bone in Screenplay.

ReplyCopy URL
    Someonelikeme
    Participant
    Topics:

Looks like they’re next screening is for DGA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Washington has 2 Oscars already. He needs everybody on his side to win a third that easily. And critics will probably go with Casey. DDL had the critics on his side and he was undefeatable from the beginning of the season. Streep and Nicholson are legends with great careers, double-digit number of nominations, multiple snubs. Washington doesn’t belong in that group. Unless he somehow sweeps, I doubt he’ll take the Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point, I’m liking Washington’s chances. I actually think his biggest threat isn’t Affleck but, in the event Rules Don’t Apply is a hit, Beatty. Gosling, Edgerton and Hanks aren’t winning. I suppose I’d give Garfield an outside shot.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    distain
    Participant
    Topics:

Washington has 2 Oscars already. He needs everybody on his side to win a third that easily. And critics will probably go with Casey. DDL had the critics on his side and he was undefeatable from the beginning of the season. Streep and Nicholson are legends with great careers, double-digit number of nominations, multiple snubs. Washington doesn’t belong in that group. Unless he somehow sweeps, I doubt he’ll take the Oscar.

LOL!

I admire your dedication to an anti-Denzel winning a 3rd campaign, but you are seriously deluding yourself about his stature. He’s been voted America’s favorite actor like 7 times or something in the yearly Harris Poll. It’s usually him or Tom Hanks that win it every year. The man is beloved. The guy is pretty much a living legend in the industry and with the public, and if he’s got the performance, I really don’t think the Academy would think twice about making him a 3 time winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL!

I admire your dedication to an anti-Denzel winning a 3rd campaign, but you are seriously deluding yourself about his stature. He’s been voted America’s favorite actor like 7 times or something in the yearly Harris Poll. It’s usually him or Tom Hanks that win it every year. The guy is pretty much a living legend in the industry and with the public, and if he’s got the performance, I really don’t think the Academy would think twice about making him a 3 time winner.

HA HA HA…

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

You love to minimize his chances. Because you question the value of his legacy does not mean everyone else supports this rationale denying him votes for a 3rd win. Again there are no rules for why some performers become multiple acting Oscar winners. Again Washington has four consecutive decades worth of nominations. Bergman’s record is a 3 out of 7. Washington will match hers with his nomination for Fences.

ReplyCopy URL
    DCurrie
    Participant
    Topics:

Variety, PBS SoCal Announce Fifth Season of ‘Variety Studio: Actors on Actors’

Follow Us on Twitter

Variety Staff

Follow Us on Twitter
    @Variety

Variety Actors on Actors
    Buckner/Variety/REX/Shutterstock

November 10, 2016 | 10:30AM PT

Tom Hanks, Ryan Reynolds, Natalie Portman, Emma Stone, and Amy Adams are just a handful of the stars participating in Variety and PBS SoCal KOCE’s fifth season of the Emmy Award-winning series “Variety Studio: Actors on Actors.”

The new season premieres Jan. 3 at 7 p.m. PT on PBS SoCal KOCE. Two additional episodes will air at the same time on Jan. 4 and Jan. 5. They will also steam on pbssocal.org, with clips of the upcoming season available on Variety.com starting at the end of this month. “Variety Studio: Actors on Actors” will air on other PBS stations across the nation beginning in January.

Like in years past, the new season will consist of exclusive one-on-one conversations with awards season contenders who starred in some of the year’s biggest films.

This year’s lineup of pairings include: Viola Davis (“Fences”) with Tom Hanks (“Sully”); Natalie Portman (“Jackie”) with Michelle Williams (“Manchester by the Sea”); Amy Adams (“Arrival,” “Nocturnal Animals”) with Andrew Garfield (“Silence,” “Hacksaw Ridge”); Nicole Kidman (“Lion”) with Casey Affleck (“Manchester by the Sea”); Michael Shannon (“Nocturnal Animals”) with Adam Driver (“Paterson”); Emma Stone (“La La Land”) with Molly Shannon (“Other People”); Dev Patel (“Lion”) with Octavia Spencer (“Hidden Figures”); Matthew McConaughey (“Gold”) with Jeff Bridges (“Hell or High Water”); Taraji P. Henson (“Hidden Figures”) with Ryan Reynolds (“Deadpool”); Mahershala Ali (“Moonlight”) with Greta Gerwig (“20th Century Women”); Annette Bening (“20th Century Women”) with Naomie Harris (“Moonlight”); Hugh Grant (“Florence Foster Jenkins”) with Colin Farrell (“The Lobster”); and Hailee Steinfeld (“Edge of Seventeen”) with Sally Field (“Hello My Name Is Doris”).

“Once again Variety is excited to showcase outstanding film talent in the 2017 award season race with our two-time Emmy winning series ‘Actors on Actors,’” said Michelle Sobrino-Stearns, chief revenue officer and group publisher of Variety. “We are proud to partner with PBS SoCal to illuminate these fresh and candid conversations.”

“‘Variety Studio: Actors on Actors’ delivers a unique look into one of our region’s most cherished creative industries, and the people who make it special,” said Andrew Russell, president and CEO of PBS SoCal. “One great value of our Variety partnership is it helps us to bring the West Coast voice to the PBS schedule.”

ReplyCopy URL
    DCurrie
    Participant
    Topics:

Viola & Tom at the taping of Actors on Actor’s yesterday!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 398 total)
Reply To: Fences 2016/2017 Thread

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.