Home Forums Movies Ghostbusters (2016)

Ghostbusters (2016)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Searched for a thread on this, and there wasn’t one!?

Anyway it has now been released in the UK, and I believe comes out in the US later this week.

Most early critical reception is positive – moderately, not overwhelmingly, but positive nonetheless.

Kate McKinnon is getting the best plaudits for the cast – though most do say the cast is the strongest part of it.

Internet haters who need to grow the fuck up have already scored the film a 3.6 based on just nearly 3000 votes over on IMDB.

manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

The whole controversy over it has been so silly to begin with. It’s not like anyone was expecting a masterpiece to start, but out of all the despicable tripe that studios offer audiences — female Ghostbusters is really the hill you want to die on?

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not going to be a masterpiece like the original, but I’m expecting a B/B- movie.

The fact that the far worse trailers for Blended and Pixels didnt get half of the hate that this got is pretty stupid tbh

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Just watched this today. Really enjoyed it. Not a masterpiece but any stretch but exactly what it needs to be: incredibly entertaining. The whole cast is great with my MVPs being Wiig and Hemsworth (I couldn’t believe how funny he was).

I really hope this film does brilliantly at the box office. Not just because it’s good but because all the ignorant hate it gets needs to be silenced, not least because if it is endorsed by poor box office there won’t be another female led comedy blockbuster for years.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  forwardswill.
    ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

^ I agree. I want to pay to see it at the cinema in its first week so it gives the film industry (and pathetic fanboys) a kick right up the arse and brings them closer to being in the 21st century with their ‘blockbusters’ and stars of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Just watched this today. Really enjoyed it. Not a masterpiece but any stretch but exactly what it needs to be: incredibly entertaining. The whole cast is great with my MVPs being Wiig and Hemsworth (I couldn’t believe how funny he was).

I really hope this film does brilliantly at the box office. Not just because it’s good but because all the ignorant hate it gets needs to be silenced, not least because if it is endorsed by poor box office there won’t be another female led comedy blockbuster for years.

I strongly disagree with your last point, I think will continue to be female led comedy blockbusters regardless of how this movie does. I’m seeing it this weekend with my girlfriend just to have an informed opinion of whether it’s good or bad.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

I strongly disagree with your last point, I think will continue to be female led comedy blockbusters regardless of how this movie does. I’m seeing it this weekend with my girlfriend just to have an informed opinion of whether it’s good or bad.

Each to their own but all I am saying is when was the last time you saw a blockbuster with over a 100 million budget be led by a group of women. This type of film is stupidly rare and so it will hardly persuade any studio to make more like it if it can’t make money. Hollywood is more about money than equality sadly.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen it but after reading this I know where I am going to be on Friday.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Ignorant hate???? Where? No, don’t answer that. I can guess.

Lol.
    I’d say Paul Feig knows how to make an entertaining, and even somewhat subversive film.
    I’m THERE this Friday!

ReplyCopy URL
    JB
    Participant
    Topics:

So excited to see this film on Friday night!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw this today, and it’s great.

Really enjoyable, easy to watch – a great cast – some real gems of moments.

McKinnon is probably the best of the lot, but McCarthy, Jones and Wiig are all fantastic. Hemsworth does a great turn too.

The way it answers its critics within the script is genius. I’d happily come back for more.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw this today and was not a fan. Worst kind of cashing in on the nostalgia.

ReplyCopy URL
    manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw it last night and it was about as much as I could have hoped for — dumb harmless fun, done way better than most of the mainstream comedies that attempt it (these days usually starring Zac Efron).

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I liked it. That post credit scene was a bit much (leave it for the sequel!!!) My fav had to be McKinnon and McCarthy. My grade: B.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Saw this today and was not a fan. Worst kind of cashing in on the nostalgia.

Knowing your punishing taste in cinema, I’m curious what commercial movies you’re fond of?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.