Home Forums Movies Golden Globes Film Nominations 2018 (Predictions Center Now Open)

Golden Globes Film Nominations 2018 (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 627 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
Teridax
Philip
Stegeo
  • sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

If they want to award MJB they could always give her the Original Song award and be done with it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Borja Lopez
    Participant
    Topics:

I am absolutely stunned there is so much consensus over Ronan winning. After seeing I, Tonya I am fairly confident Margot Robbie is winning that. She gets smacked in the face like 20 times in the movie lol. She has so many more big moments than Ronan. It’s HFPA catnip.

Robbie is winning this and maybe SAG.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

@borjalopez I still think that McDormand’s winning the SAG, but Robbie definitely has a shot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

I can fathom Robbie taking the Globe but she’s probably a distant 4th over at SAG.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    Victor John Ryan
    Participant
    Topics:

I just watched “Lady Bird” and I really cannot believe how this movie is getting such praise. It is a good movie. Fine. Ronan is great. Fine. But the same story has been told a thousand of times. It is just an OK movie in my opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I just watched “Lady Bird” and I really cannot believe how this movie is getting such praise. It is a good movie. Fine. Ronan is great. Fine. But the same story has been told a thousand of times. It is just an OK movie in my opinion.

Yeah… it’s the kind of movie that I’m really drawn and I’m a huge Greta Gerwig fan so I had super high expectations that weren’t met.

ReplyCopy URL
    DameAudrey
    Participant
    Topics:

I absolutely agree. It was a correct movie with correct performances and all, but nothing Oscar-worthy on it.

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Actually, it hasn’t. There hasn’t been a female coming of age story told by a woman that focuses on the mother-daughter aspect.

ReplyCopy URL
    sitizoner
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully the Globes spread the wealth (Comedy/Musical films).

Best film: Get Out, Actor: Franco, Actress: Robbie, S.Actress: Metcalf.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully the Globes spread the wealth (Comedy/Musical films). Best film: Get Out, Actor: Franco, Actress: Robbie, S.Actress: Metcalf.

I’m predicting this, but right now I have Lady Bird over Get Out though I keep going back and forth.

ReplyCopy URL
    alaska789
    Participant
    Topics:

I see SHAPE as winning bEst Drama and probably Best Director , (Nolan spoiler)
    The Post COULD win but I doubt it a there is a protest movement organised against Weinstein and his enablers, and that means STREEP …IMHO the GGs are going to play it safe and avoid controversy by ignoring Streep and The Post …they don’t want anyone to rain on their parade

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Lady Bird getting screenplay over Get Out makes me think it’s going to win Best comedy.

ReplyCopy URL
    sitizoner
    Participant
    Topics:

Makes sense but if that’s so, is Kaluuya winning Actor? Because I don’t think they would let the film go home empty handed, would they?

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Makes sense but if that’s so, is Kaluuya winning Actor? Because I don’t think they would let the film go home empty handed, would they?

That’s exactly what I’m predicting.

ReplyCopy URL
    pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

I think they would let get out go winless, it seems like there are plenty of movies they like more. It’ll either be Kaluuya or Franco, I’m thinking Franco takes it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 627 total)
Reply To: Golden Globes Film Nominations 2018 (Predictions Center Now Open)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.