Home Forums Movies Hilary Swank in 2014

Hilary Swank in 2014

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Shadi
    Participant
    Topics:

I just watched “You’re Not You” (2014) starring Hilary Swank and I really found her performance to be very moving. Why is it that she didn’t receive any traction for that? I know she was campaigning for The Homesman but both the best actor and actress awards last year went to Moore and Redmayne who were both playing people with degenerative diseases and the ALS awareness campaign was in full force. I know the movie wasn’t well received but she was really, really good. She’s my personal winner with Pike being a close second. Anywho, thoughts about why the movie was barely even mentioned in 2014.

Philip
    Participant
    Topics:

The film just wasn’t on the radar.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

She was also in The Homesman which was an Oscar worthy performance. Swank seems to not have any luck these days, no matter how good of a performance she gives. We also have to remember that she dies in all of her Oscar worthy performances.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Everytime I think about or see a trailer on a DVD for The Homesman I just get upset all over again that no awards group in the major fields acknowledged her. It may of not made my top 5 of the year performances wise but she was really great in it and the movie is really interesting and I wish more people gave it shot. I’ve still not seen You’re Not You but it was one of those same day in theaters VOD releases so its shots were even less getting any attention 

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Doesn’t she die in The Homesman as well?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Hilary Swank in 2014

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.