Home Forums Movies Hollywood Film Awards 2017

Hollywood Film Awards 2017

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • cinephile_
    Participant
    Topics:

What did you guys think of the event? Do you think it’s gonna be an accurate precursor to the rest of the award season?

• I found it particularly interesting listening to the acceptance speeches from the winners. Gary Oldman seemed to have thanked and singled out Dustin Hoffman calling him a “hero” followed by nervous clapping from the audience. I think that was a slight misstep for Oldman in my opinion

• Kate Winslet praising Allison Janney and kissing her onstage. Is this a sign of the industry’s love for Allison? Is she the oscar frontrunner now, over Laurie Metcalfe?
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Is this a sign of the industry’s love for Allison? Is she the oscar frontrunner now, over Laurie Metcalfe?

I think she’ll easily win (for now, at least). She has more respect from the film industry than Metcalf and has a much more transformative role.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Is this a sign of the industry’s love for Allison? Is she the oscar frontrunner now, over Laurie Metcalfe?

I think she’ll easily win (for now, at least). She has more respect from the film industry than Metcalf and has a much more transformative role.

You really don’t think Catherine Keener has a shot for her villainous turn in Get Out? I keep having this weird hunch that Betty Gabriel (has she even been added to the predictions center yet?!) could surprise most of us with a nomination and maybe even a win if the film sweeps.

Good point about Allison Janney having the transformative role though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Note that no Best Supporting Actress winner in the history of these awards has gone on to take the Oscar.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

HFA mean less than nothing

ReplyCopy URL
    RicosMama
    Participant
    Topics:

Where did you see the videos of the acceptance speeches, I would love to watch them?

Reading the Deadline article written by Pete Hammond he fawned over the Oldman speech “Oldman, receiving a standing ovation, also paid a nice compliment to one of his acting heroes Dustin Hoffman, who had earlier presented an award to his Meyerowitz Stories co-star Adam Sandler. Considering Hoffman had gotten some unwanted notoriety earlier in the week after being accused of sexual harassment in an incident decades earlier, the words of support to the legendary star took on extra meaning and were a nice touch by Oldman.” Insert my eye roll right here!

ReplyCopy URL
    lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

Where did you see the videos of the acceptance speeches, I would love to watch them?

Here! If you scroll you should be able to find all of them:
    https://twitter.com/hollywoodawards/with_replies

ReplyCopy URL
    cinephile_
    Participant
    Topics:

Considering Hoffman had gotten some unwanted notoriety earlier in the week after being accused of sexual harassment in an incident decades earlier, the words of support to the legendary star took on extra meaning and were a nice touch by Oldman.” Insert my eye roll right here!

yeah not a great look for oldman

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.