Is 2015 one of the better years for films in recent memory?

Home // Forums // Movies // Is 2015 one of the better years for films in recent memory?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • shibby
    Topics:

Hello! I know it’s early in the 2015 film year, and the more than likely a fair amount of the upcoming films will not live up to the hype surrounding them. That being said, I feel that this year is one of the more packed years for quality/oscar hopeful films in recent memory. From Sundance (The end of the Tour; Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl; Stanford Prison Experiment), to the summer blockbusters (Mad Max, Straight Outta Compton), and the ones set to roll out this winter/fall (Bridge of Spies, The Revenant, Hateful Eight, The Martian, Steve Jobs, The Danish Girl, Trumbo, Macbeth, Carol, Suffragette, Beasts of No Nation, Black Mass, Burnt, By the Sea, Concussion, Everest, Miles Ahead, Snowden, The walk), I feel as this year has an abundance of films compared to most. Is it just me who thinks this? Also, I know I’m probably leaving some off the list or forgetting some, and I think that every years theres one or two that comes outta nowhere to susprise and snag oscar nominations. Anyway, thanks for reading and I’d love for your guys’s opinion on if 2015 could be one of the stronger years.

Irishmovielover4ever
    Participant
    Topics:

So far I haven’t been impressed my most of what film has had to offer outside of a couple of exceptions. The problem I have with calling this year a great year so far is the films the majority of films have ranged from average to completly forgettable. I have high hopes for some upcoming films but this year so far has produced some strong female leading performnaces but outside this I haven’t been impressed much.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

It will all depend on the 2nd half of this year. 2013 still had some pretty outstanding movies 

ReplyCopy URL
    Robert Hughes
    Topics:

Not sure yet of my own expectations….I dont want them to high as I tend to get disappointed all to often. I do want to see Leonardo’s film but that is only so I can see my fav actor Tom Hardy (c’mon and get that supporting actor Oscar) and the one with Redmayne (I cant imagine him winning twice in a row, he would have to be over the top outstanding as the academy likes to spread the wealth; only five times has someone won back to back.

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I think 2013 is a pretty high bar to clear. To be fair, though, that had a rather mediocre summer and ended up rebounding greatly in the fall/winter seasons.

And I think 2014 was the inverse. Some of its Oscar films were rather by-the-numbers and underwhelming, but it had a fairly solid summer season (Transformers and Amazing Spider-Man aside).

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I think 2013 is a pretty high bar to clear. To be fair, though, that had a rather mediocre summer and ended up rebounding greatly in the fall/winter seasons.

And I think 2014 was the inverse. Some of its Oscar films were rather by-the-numbers and underwhelming, but it had a fairly solid summer season (Transformers and Amazing Spider-Man aside).

Yeah that’s what I’m getting at with this year. This could be potentially another 2013. The movies this summer have been fine but the stand outs were limited 

ReplyCopy URL
    CAROL-CHANNING
    Topics:

I feel like it’s been a VERY lackluster year, myself.  Hopefully it’ll get better, but no movie coming out soon really has me super excited.

ReplyCopy URL
    Patrick
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it’ll be better than last year, but that’s a pretty easy feat to accomplish.

ReplyCopy URL
    Aunt Peg
    Topics:

So far 2015 has been one of the worst years for cinema. I have only seen 3 films that are very good (Ingrid Bergman in Her Own Words, The Lobster & Tangerine). Arabian Knights deserves a special mention and I’m inclinded to think that it will be remembered in the future as the definitive film of the 2010’s.

Can’t say there is anything I’m looking forward to barely anything in the coming months (45 Years & Son of Saul spring to mind though). At least I won’t be disappointed with anything and hopefully pleasantly surprised.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Is 2015 one of the better years for films in recent memory?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.