Jessica Chastain in 2014

Home // Forums // Movies // Jessica Chastain in 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Beau S.
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain seems like she will be having a repeat of her 2011 run this year. Here is her lineup:

The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: His and Hers: Written and directed by Ned Benson. Distributed by The Weinstein Company. Both movies follow the same time period, but are told from the differing perspectives of Connor Ludlow (James McAvoy) and Eleanor Rigby (Jessica Chastain), a young married couple living in New York. Him looks at their relationship from Connor’s angle, while Her
    follows Eleanor’s. Connor spends his days working in his restaurant
    while his wife Eleanor returns to college for further education. During the course of their daily lives, the couple encounters a life
    changing event that threatens the stability of their marriage. Viola Davis also stars. No release date announced yet.

Miss Julie: Adapted and directed by Liv Ullmann from the play by August Strindberg. Distributed by Columbia TriStar. In 1890, in Fermanagh, during the course of a midsummer night, Julie (Jessica Chastain), the daughter of the Count, an Anglo-Irish aristocrat, encourages her father’s valet, Jean (Colin Farrell) to seduce her. The affair quickly goes to some dark places, with power and class playing a key role. Samantha Morton also stars. No release date announced yet.

Interstellar: Written by Jonathan and Christopher Nolan, directed by the latter. When a wormhole (which hypothetically can connect widely-separated regions of spacetime)
    is newly discovered, a team of explorers and scientists embark on a
    voyage through it to transcend previous limitations on human space
    travel. The Hollywood Reporter said in addition to the official synopsis, “The plot is believed to involve time travel and alternate dimensions, but other details are being kept under wraps.” Also features an ensemble cast led by Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Bill Irwin, Ellen Burstyn and Michael Caine. Distributed by Paramount, to be released November 7th.

A Most Violent Year: Written and directed by J.C. Chandor. Set in New York City during the winter of 1981, statistically one of the most violent years in the city’s history. The story revolves around an American immigrant (Oscar Isaac) and his wife
    (Jessica Chastain) trying to expand their heating oil business as violence and corruption
    threaten to destroy all they have built. Catalina Sandino Moreno, Albert Brooks, Alfred Molina and David Oyelowo also star. Distributed by A24, planned for fourth quarter release.

Thoughts?

Milo Kunis
    Participant
    Topics:

Can she just please win an Oscar already?

ReplyCopy URL
    Renaton
    Topics:

A Most Violent Year hasn’t even started shotting yet, I believe. It will most likely be a 2015 film.

I’m very interested about Miss Julie, especially as it is Liv Ullmann directing. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m in for anything that has Albert Brooks in it, also, always hoping Colin Farrel will finally hit it in one of his movies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Beau S.
    Topics:

A Most Violent Year hasn’t even started shotting yet, I believe. It will most likely be a 2015 film.

It started shooting last week. A24 is planning a fourth quarter release (probably a festival premiere) but I doubt they will rush Chandor to get it done in case he doesn’t.

I could potentially see it getting all four acting categories, but that’s too much speculation for a film that may not even be done in time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Irishmovielover4ever
    Participant
    Topics:

She will also have a big 2015 as well with Crimson Peak, The Zookeeper’s Wife and possibly The Secret Scripture. She will an oscar in the next decade I predict.

ReplyCopy URL
    Words Count
    Topics:

Can she just please win an Oscar already?

They were stupid to deny her last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    bigscore
    Topics:

What a lineup, man. So balanced and intriguing.

I’ve been dying to catch Eleanor for what seems like decades, but Violent has pretty much become the coolest film in production.

ReplyCopy URL
    DominicCobb
    Participant
    Topics:

I most exicted for Interstellar amongst these, but who knows what Chastain’s part will be like. I anticipate her performances in the others greatly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t wait to see what Liv Ullmann gets out of Chastain – remember she directed Blanchett in Streetcar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully she dresses better for award shows this year.

I appreciated the applause that she got at the Golden Globes.

ReplyCopy URL
    KT
    Topics:

^^^ I thought she looked fantastic at the Oscars….probably the best dressed of the evening.  She also nailed it at the SAG awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

The hair was the bigger problem.

EDIT: I do not want to make too many posts on this topic, so I am just editing here.  I did get the Globes and Oscars mixed up.  However, I will say that she generally looks better not at award shows than at award shows.

ReplyCopy URL
    KT
    Topics:

The Golden Globes last year with the saggy dress was by far the worst…and the hair looked bad, agreed.  But you had problems with her hair at the other two awards?  She made so many best-dressed lists.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jackson B
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully she dresses better for award shows this year.

I appreciated the applause that she got at the Golden Globes.

i caught that also!  she got one of the biggest responses/appaulse from the crowd and all she did was come out and present.  When i heard that respsonse I was surprised and excited bc it shows she is already very respected.

Im sure she will have an oscar within a couple years.  I believe she will hit a “meryl” type streak of nominations over the years

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
Reply To: Jessica Chastain in 2014

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.