Home Forums Movies Justice For The Snubbed #17: Best Actor 2012

Justice For The Snubbed #17: Best Actor 2012

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

2012 was not only a rich year for male lead performances, but especially for male lead performances by foreign actors as you see by the inclusion of Matthias Schonaerts, Omar Sy, and Jean-Louis Trintignant. From this entire lineup, I’d go with Matthias Schonaerts for Rust and Bone. But how about you guys?

sergyo
    Participant
    Topics:

John Hawkes

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Jean-Louis Trintignant was stunningly good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Joseph
    Participant
    Topics:

From those listed, it’s definitely John Hawkes, who is simply outstanding in The Sessions. One that should also be considered is Suraj Sharma’s tour-de-force performance in Life of Pi, which really knocked my socks off. For a first time actor, who has to hold the film together on his own for a large period of time in one of the major Best Picture contenders, his achievement should be held as highly as anyone else in that year’s Best Actor race.

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

Definitely had to go with John Hawkes, probably would have been my winner that year in what might have been my favorite movie of the year. Hawkes and Hunt were wonderful together and they shouldve both been nominated. But this was a strong year, Jean Louis Trintignant was incredible in Amour, as good as or better than Riva who was also outstanding, and Jack Black showed us a totally new side of what he can do in Bernie and it paid off.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

LOGAN!

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Omar Sy’s inclusion here, because his performance really was remarkable, and was essential to making that movie so engaging. I still had to go with Hawkes though, whose achievement is undeniable. How he was left out for Cooper is still stunning to me.

ReplyCopy URL
    manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

Denis Lavant’s kaleidoscopic masterclass in Holy Motors. I have no problem with the ultimate winner but to me Lavant gave the real performance of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

Glad to see Omar Sy in second right behind John Hawkes. Nice that the performance, which was pretty under the radar imo, has its fans.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Jack Black! He was so so so SO so good in Bernie. I feel like if Bernie came out after Boyhood he would have had a more profiled shot. He got the Globe nom but he really deserved a nomination over another Denzel being Denzel performance in Flight. John Hawkes as well. 

ReplyCopy URL
    WaltEagle
    Participant
    Topics:

Omar Sy, but Hawkes is terrific too and Foxx’s performance is incredibly underrated.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.