Home Forums Movies Justice For The Snubbed #18: Best Picture 2014

Justice For The Snubbed #18: Best Picture 2014

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

While I defend Birdman winning Best Picture, I find myself a little saddened by the competition of traditional fare it was surrounded by. Especially considering the opportunities they had to be innovative like with Neighbors which was a different kind of coming-of-age story under the guise of a raunchy comedy, as well as sci-fi fare like Guardians of the Galaxy and Snowpiercer. From this batch, I’d go with Gone Girl. But how about you guys?

VenusInFurs
    Participant
    Topics:

The Babadook and Nightcrawler by far. Gone Girl and Locke are tragic imo and didn’t deserve a thing (not even acting noms).

Force Majeure (with a foreign-language film win) should’ve been nominated too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

What a weak year!

ReplyCopy URL
    Patrick
    Participant
    Topics:

Gone Girl was such a brilliantly executed film and the fact that it only received ONE acting nomination is an abomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Michael Norris
    Participant
    Topics:

Wild
    The Babadook
    Dear White People
    Timbuktu
    Mr. Turner 

ReplyCopy URL
    Mad Max Guitarist
    Participant
    Topics:

Gone Girl hands down

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Heh heh heh. I liked Gone Girl, I just think the blowout of votes above shows how many David Fincher fanboys there are on this website LOL. I said Snowpiercer, my personal #1 favorite film of 2014 was the worst snub, but also Obvious Chlid, the not-even-mentioned Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and especially Nightcrawler, my #3 favorite would have been more deserving nominees than Gone Girl IMO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

People are voting Gone Girl over Nightcrawler? Damn.

ReplyCopy URL
    MrGoodWood
    Participant
    Topics:

If I recall correctly, The Babadook wasn’t eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

Nightcrawler should have gotten nominations in Picture, Lead Actor, Supporting Actress, Cinematography, Film Editing, as well as its nomination for Screenplay. I just watched it again for the third time a couple weeks ago, and it is one of the best films of the decade so far in my opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Nightcrawler should have gotten nominations in Picture, Lead Actor, Supporting Actress, Cinematography, Film Editing, as well as its nomination for Screenplay. I just watched it again for the third time a couple weeks ago, and it is one of the best films of the decade so far in my opinion.

Don’t forget a Best Director nomination for Dan Gilroy for his stellar debut.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

If I recall correctly, The Babadook wasn’t eligible.

You do recall correctly, it shouldn’t even be in this poll. Nightcrawler and Snowpiercer were completely eligible however, which makes their snubs unforgivable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Movieguy
    Participant
    Topics:

The list we got that year was no where near the list it should have been. Replace Theory of Everything, Imitation Game, and American Sniper with Gone Girl, Nightcrawler, and Calvary for an epic year. Throw Two Days, One Night and The Babbadook in there too.

ReplyCopy URL
    WaltEagle
    Participant
    Topics:

Calvary, Nightcrawler, Snowpiercer, Inherent Vice, John Wick, Two Days One Night, and Noah.

ReplyCopy URL
    ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”Tischeo”]

Don’t forget a Best Director nomination for Dan Gilroy for his stellar debut.
    [/quote]
    He definitely shone as a director, but I had him 6th in my rankings behind Chazelle and Duvernay replacing Miller and Tyldum. My other picks for the film are all categories where it was easily in my 5.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.