Home Forums Movies Movies You Dislike But Everyone Else Likes (as of 2014)

Movies You Dislike But Everyone Else Likes (as of 2014)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
ETPhoneHome
Strong & ..
Fishbiscuit
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Gravity (I just didn’t get it. There seemed to be no purpose for Cuaron to make this film. Also the main character is as dull as shit)
    The Amazing Spider-Man (I love Spider-Man and Andrew Garfield as an actor, but the way this story was told didn’t bode well with me)
    Avatar (uninspired story, great visuals.)
    Life of Pi (RICHARD PARKER LOOKED HOKEY)
    The Emperor’s New Groove (the main character was too dickish)

just to name a few…

ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

I put this on the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I’ve never thought that 2001: A Space Odyssey is the classic that everyone says it is. Good movie, but massively overrated. I don’t personally like it, but I can see why other people do.

ReplyCopy URL
    Strong & Silent Type
    Participant
    Topics:

1-All Tarantino works
    2-American History x
    3-Raging Bull

ReplyCopy URL
    Fishbiscuit
    Participant
    Topics:

Junebug

ReplyCopy URL
    Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

The Wizard of Oz – – – > Its not magical, its not special and its not at all touching. Its just weird and disturbing (and that is something coming from me, the person who adores David Lynch and Alexandro Jodorowsky) 

Life of Pi – – – > really hate this thing. This was a special effects extravaganza with poor acting. Unlike Gravity, which also was special-effects driven, Life of Pi really had poor acting and no real story

Avatar – – – > this was an extended video game with good graphics. Peh…

ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

Titanic, Gladiator, Lincoln and Life of Pi.

ReplyCopy URL
    Beau S.
    Topics:

Forrest Gump. People have tried to explain its appeal to me over and over again but I just see nothing even remotely good about this film at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matty G
    Participant
    Topics:

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. My taste in horror movies has always run somewhat against the norm, but I thought this one was just bad. The guy in the wheelchair is so irritating and unlikeable, Leatherface finally carving his whiny ass up was the best part of the movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

I was definitely unimpressed with Life of Pi, but I didn’t have much faith going in because I am not a fantasy film lover. I thought the special effects actually looked too cartoony at times and I was really surprised that Ang Lee pulled out a 2nd win for it. I honestly would’ve given it to Spielberg or Haneke since Bigelow wasn’t nominated….or even Affleck, but then again I was one of the few people on here who didn’t seem to hate Argo’s Best Picture win.

Raging Bull is an interesting case for me. As a seperated film judging it from different standpoints (like the acting from DeNiro, Pesci, and Moriarty and then the directing), I love the acting and feel that Scorsese directed the film extremely well….maybe even so much so that it was his best work and yet at the same time, I find myself getting bored with the movie every time I watch it. The pacing slows down and I am not exactly the biggest fan of the script. It ends up being a film I admire from a filmmaking stand point, but I don’t love it as a personal favorite.

No Country for Old Men has some detractors but there are many on here who love it….I watched the whole thing completely baffled at how it was getting awards attention.

Most of Tarantino’s work leaves me cold. The only films by him I truly loved were PULP FICTION and JACKIE BROWN, which were both masterpieces. As for his other work, I don’t care for Reservoir Dogs or the Kill Bill movies. I do like Inglorious Basterds and to a lesser extent Django.

The Shawshank Redemption: the #1 movie on IMDB (unless that has since changed). A movie that has aired on TBS or TNT countless times in the past 15 years. A movie that got a surprise Oscar nomination for Best Picture back when it got hardly any respect and yet now, it is worshipped by many. I frankly never got into it at all aside from the leads and I will admit the sappy ending is touching but I will go as far to say I NEVER want to sit through it again. I have seen it too many times.

Junebug was mentioned. I definitely never saw it as a good film, though I didn’t think many people did. That really was only made bearable by the fantastic performance by Amy Adams.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gain
    Participant
    Topics:

The Wolf of Wall Street was simply annoying to watch.The most overrated film of last year.
    An Education,really underwhelming.
    Inside Llewyn Davis,it was good,but by no means a masterpiece
    Moonstruck,it was cute,nothing more.
    The Intouchables(that french film),it was cute,but overrated to the high heavens.
    Silver Linings Playbook,I prefer American Hustle

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Movies You Dislike But Everyone Else Likes (as of 2014)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.