Home Forums Movies Movies You Like But Everyone Else Dislikes (as of 2014)

Movies You Like But Everyone Else Dislikes (as of 2014)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
ETPhoneHome
GhostOrchid
Halo_Insider
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (the 3D sucked, but it has unique visuals, a pretty entertaining story and Sly Stallone made a great villain)
    The Cat in the Hat (a horrible film that is oddly entertaining to me. I watch it every time it’s on T.V.)
    The Jungle Book 2 (Not as good as original, but still breezy and bright)
    Brother Bear (I don’t see anything ethically wrong with the film)
    The Lone Ranger (still kinda bad, but that climax is very well done)
    Grown Ups (a dumb, stupid comedy that has great jokes and is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine)
    Prometheus (it’s not as good as Alien, but I felt it was good
    Pocahontas (it does insult history a bit, but I like the characters, the animation, the music and I grew up watching it, too, so it’s kinda hard for me to not like it)
    Meet the Robinsons (a really well done time-travel story. I actually had to watch it twice in order to get it, and it made me love it more doing so)
    Happy Gilmore (another dumb stupid comedy that I laughed hysterically at every joke)
    Les Miserables (extremely flawed, too long, too much singing… but phenomenally epic, and Hugh Jackman is incredible)
    Night at the Museum 1 and 2 (I just simply love these films. I love the over-the-top acting, I love the jokes, I love the action, I love the characters. The films are just simply great)
    Pacific Rim (I can’t believe anyone could not like this film. Del Toro made an unbelievably overwhelming and exciting action film with incredible effects and good, strong characters and a great script)

just to name a few…

ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

Dances With Wolves
    Batman:The Movie (1966)
    Exam (An independent British film)
    Finally, the big one… Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (it was hilarious, the 3-D worked, and the direction was great considering the material)

ReplyCopy URL
    Tom
    Participant
    Topics:

The Blind Side (I love this movie but it isn’t very popular on this site)

Grown Ups (I think this ensemble are hilarious and the movie is really enjoyable)

Romy & Michele’s High School Reunion (so easy to watch yet enjoyable)

The Tourist (enjoy it everytime I watch it)

Armageddon (maybe I just enjoy Aerosmith’s song, but I enjoy this film) 

ReplyCopy URL
    CAROL-CHANNING
    Topics:

Romy & Michele’s High School Reunion (so easy to watch yet enjoyable)

I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who doesn’t like this movie.  If there is anyone here who doesn’t like it, may he/she please step forward so that I may shake my fist at them!

ReplyCopy URL
    Beau S.
    Topics:

Ron Howard’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Howard’s best film.

ReplyCopy URL
    blueprint
    Participant
    Topics:

^ yeah, there’s something true about that.

I like Todd Field’s movies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess these days it’s unpopular to admit you liked Argo, but Hell, I still enjoy it. Not saying it holds up as the Best Picture of 2012, but I like it a lot more than most that have won the prize. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Gain
    Participant
    Topics:

I enjoyed Argo as well.Not the best movie of 2012,but it was not as bad as people said.

Shakespeare in Love 
    The Queen 
    Doubt 

ReplyCopy URL
    TomHardys
    Participant
    Topics:

I really liked Crash. Not the Best Picture of that year but it was not as bad as everyone else says it is. There are some scenes that are definitely heart-wrenching like that little girl trying to protect her father from the shot and the Thandie Newton/Matt Dillon car crash scene.

ReplyCopy URL
    Troy
    Topics:

Rob Zombie’s remake of Halloween
    She-Devil
    Doubt
    Chicago (gets a lot of hate, but I LOVE it)
    Mommie Dearest

ReplyCopy URL
    Troy
    Topics:

Rob Zombie’s remake of Halloween
    She-Devil
    Doubt
    Chicago (gets a lot of hate, but I LOVE it)
    Mommie Dearest

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Prometheus – not great, but certainly better than a lot of the scorn it received on the internet. The script was overloaded and there were too many superfluous characters, but it was often fascinating and visually stunning, and Michael Fassbender’s android was a brilliant creation. Actually it’s reviews were better than a lot of people make out (Fresh on RT and green on MC), and I can’t help feeling that some were jumping on the band wagon with all the hate for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    dude93
    Topics:

Doubt

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Prometheus – not great, but certainly better than a lot of the scorn it received on the internet. The script was overloaded and there were too many superfluous characters, but it was often fascinating and visually stunning, and Michael Fassbender’s android was a brilliant creation. Actually it’s reviews were better than a lot of people make out (Fresh on RT and green on MC), and I can’t help feeling that some were jumping on the band wagon with all the hate for it.

It did? Well, speaking for myself, R Scott made an iconic spectacular artsy sci-fi waaay back in ’79. Cameron comes along and makes the sequel a rip-roaring action adventure and makes it his own.

Then, long years afterwards, we finally get Prometheus, a bombastic let down with a wasted Theron and a creature which is oddly of massive size. Many appear to be enamoured with Fassbender’s AI. He did move his eyes once to indicate his sentience. What a back-pack companion he must have been, since they’re filming another one.

So after all of that, the truth is that I’m happy the franchise continues to be alive and well. And R Scott, might as well stay away from that masterpiece he filmed at the beginning. I was disappointed this time around.

Actually Prometheus made some serious money. I could actually place this in the Films You Disliked That Everyone Else Liked.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Babypook, are we ever going to agree on anything? Lol

I don’t like Prometheus enough to be defensive about it, but I just felt like bringing it up here because of the scorn it received in some quarters. Of course Alien is light-years better.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
Reply To: Movies You Like But Everyone Else Dislikes (as of 2014)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.