My 2015 Official Razzie Ballot (Who/What I voted for)

Home // Forums // Movies // My 2015 Official Razzie Ballot (Who/What I voted for)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think The Force Awakens is deserving of ANY “Best” Awards, in my opinion. Speaking of which…..Wink

My Official Razzie Ballot

Worst Picture

1. Jupiter Ascending

2. (write-in) Star Wars: The Failed Awakening 
    Take THAT, ratings whores of The Broadcast Film Critics Association! 

http://variety.com/2015/film/in-contention/star-wars-critics-choice-awards-broadcast-film-critics-assn-1201666782/

3. Fantastic 4

4. (write-in) Chappie

5. Aloha

Worst Actress

1. Angelina Jolie “By the Sea”

2. Mila Kunis “Jupiter Ascending”

3. Emma Stone “Aloha” and “Irrational Man”

4. Reese Witherspoon “Hot Pursuit”

5. Kate Mara “Fantastic 4”

Worst Actor

1. Hugh Jackman “Chappie” and “Pan”

2. Johnny Depp “Mortdecai”

3. Bradley Cooper “Aloha” and “Burnt”

4. Adam Sandler “Pixels” and “The Cobbler”

5. Will Ferrell “Get Hard”

Worst Supporting Actress

1. Rooney Mara “Pan

2. (write-in) Yolandi Visser “Chappie”

3. Amanda Seyfried “Pan” and “Love the Coopers”

4. Julianne Moore “Seventh Son”

Kayley Cuoco-Sweeting  “ALVIN and THE CHIPMUNKS: ROAD CHIP” [Voice Only] and “THE WEDDING RINGER”

Worst Supporting Actor

1. Eddie Redmayne “Jupiter Ascending”

2. (write-in) Adam Driver “Star Wars: The Failed Awakening”

3. Jeff Bridges “Seventh Son”

4. Chevy Chase “Hot Tub Time Machine 2” and “Vacation”

5. (write-in) Garrett Hedlund “Pan”

Worst Director

1. The Wachowskis “Jupiter Ascending”

2. (write-in) J. J. Abrams “Star Wars: The Failed Awakening”

3. Andy Fickman “Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2” 

4. Josh Trank (or Alan Smithee?) “Fantastic 4”

5. Tom Six “Human Centipede 3: (Hopefully!SickFinal Sequence”

Worst Screenplay

This is a category where it REALLY would have made a huge difference to have more than just 2 Write-in slots!

1. Jupiter Ascending

2. (write-in) Terminator: Genysys

3. (write-in) Star Wars: The Failed Awakening

4. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

5. Fantastic 4

Worst Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel

1. (write-in) Star Wars: The Failed Awakening

2. (write-in) Chappie / rip-off of Short Circuit 1&2 and Robocop

3. Terminator Genysys

4. Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip

5. Taken 3

Worst Screen Combo

WhereTF was Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara in Hot Pursuit on the nominating ballot?! And what’s with the weird fixation in this category on peoples clothing and body parts? Once again, more then just 2 write-in slots would have been EXTREMELY useful. Ermm

1. (write-in) Jai Courtney & Emilia Clarke “Terminator Genysys”

2. (write-in) Bradley Cooper and EITHER Emma Stone or Rachel McAdams “Aloha”

3. All 3 Wood-chipper worthy Chipmunks “Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip”

4. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie “By the Sea”

5. Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson “Fifty Shades of Grey”

Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think The Force Awakens is deserving of ANY “Best” Awards, in my opinion. Speaking of which…..Wink

My Official Razzie Ballot

Worst Picture

1. Jupiter Ascending

2. (write-in) Star Wars: The Failed Awakening 
    Take THAT, ratings whores of The Broadcast Film Critics Association! 

http://variety.com/2015/film/in-contention/star-wars-critics-choice-awards-broadcast-film-critics-assn-1201666782/

3. Fantastic 4

4. (write-in) Chappie

5. Aloha

Worst Actress

1. Angelina Jolie “By the Sea”

2. Mila Kunis “Jupiter Ascending”

3. Emma Stone “Aloha” and “Irrational Man”

4. Reese Witherspoon “Hot Pursuit”

5. Kate Mara “Fantastic 4”

Worst Actor

1. Hugh Jackman “Chappie” and “Pan”

2. Johnny Depp “Mortdecai”

3. Bradley Cooper “Aloha” and “Burnt”

4. Adam Sandler “Pixels” and “The Cobbler”

5. Will Ferrell “Get Hard”

Worst Supporting Actress

1. Rooney Mara “Pan

2. (write-in) Yolandi Visser “Chappie”

3. Amanda Seyfried “Pan” and “Love the Coopers”

4. Julianne Moore “Seventh Son”

Kayley Cuoco-Sweeting  “ALVIN and THE CHIPMUNKS: ROAD CHIP” [Voice Only] and “THE WEDDING RINGER”

Worst Supporting Actor

1. Eddie Redmayne “Jupiter Ascending”

2. (write-in) Adam Driver “Star Wars: The Failed Awakening”

3. Jeff Bridges “Seventh Son”

4. Chevy Chase “Hot Tub Time Machine 2” and “Vacation”

5. (write-in) Garrett Hedlund “Pan”

Worst Director

1. The Wachowskis “Jupiter Ascending”

2. (write-in) J. J. Abrams “Star Wars: The Failed Awakening”

3. Andy Fickman “Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2” 

4. Josh Trank (or Alan Smithee?) “Fantastic 4”

5. Tom Six “Human Centipede 3: (Hopefully!SickFinal Sequence”

Worst Screenplay

This is a category where it REALLY would have made a huge difference to have more than just 2 Write-in slots!

1. Jupiter Ascending

2. (write-in) Terminator: Genysys

3. (write-in) Star Wars: The Failed Awakening

4. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

5. Fantastic 4

Worst Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel

1. (write-in) Star Wars: The Failed Awakening

2. (write-in) Chappie / rip-off of Short Circuit 1&2 and Robocop

3. Terminator Genysys

4. Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip

5. Taken 3

Worst Screen Combo

WhereTF was Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara in Hot Pursuit on the nominating ballot?! And what’s with the weird fixation in this category on peoples clothing and body parts? Once again, more then just 2 write-in slots would have been EXTREMELY useful. Ermm

1. (write-in) Jai Courtney & Emilia Clarke “Terminator Genysys”

2. (write-in) Bradley Cooper and EITHER Emma Stone or Rachel McAdams “Aloha”

3. All 3 Wood-chipper worthy Chipmunks “Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip”

4. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie “By the Sea”

5. Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson “Fifty Shades of Grey”

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay I know everyone is allowed to have their opinions and crap, but Star Wars 7 isn’t that bad. And it has like 95% on RT.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lone Pirate
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay I know everyone is allowed to have their opinions and crap, but Star Wars 7 isn’t that bad. And it has like 95% on RT.

Some people around these parts don’t like it when a big budget, mass appeal, sci fi blockbuster diverts all of the attention away from pretentious, elitist fare you wouldn’t watch if it was the only film being shown on your 16 hour flight overseas.

ReplyCopy URL
    SupaDupa Fly
    Participant
    Topics:

Star Wars though? LMFAO!

ReplyCopy URL
    TerenceFletcher
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m mainly concerned that Chappie was not on the ballot and had to be written in for Worst Picture.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought it was a travesty. I posted my reasons why in my actual review. Got to The Official Force Awakens thread here at Goldderby to see my review where you’ll see why I HAD TO vote for The Failed Awakening in all those Razzie categories.

As for the critical overhype, I feel like a lot of people are trying to convince themselves they like it so hard it blinds them to judging the finished PRODUCT objectively and honestly. I also feel the Force Awakens denial will be much longer than Kingdom of The Crystal Skull, but slightly shorter than the Star Wars Prequels. I hear even a lot of people who actually like the Prequels didn’t like this movie. It’s quite amazing, in my opinion.

I’m not predicting Star Wars to get nominated at the PGA Awards out of spite, even though it will probably bite me in the ass, seeing as how they nominated Abrams INFINITELY SUPERIOR 1st Star Trek movie.

And if I were an “elitist” I wouldn’t be championing Mad Max: Fury Road for ALL the Oscars, now would I? I wouldn’t be of the belief that Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Snowpiercer should have recieved Best Picture nominations last year! F**k, Steven Universe is my #1 favorite show on Television! Not just Animated show, but my #1 favorite show, PERIOD!!!

Think about it, why didn’t I vote for Age of Ultron, Mockingjay Part 2, or even f**king Spectre for Razzies?! Because they were nowhere near as offensive or terrible as The Failed Awakening, in my honest opinion. I thought Jurrasic World was awesome and very well-directed, in spit of some flaws. Once again, go to the Official Thread on this website for the new Star Wars movie and you’ll see why I, a true diehard Star Wars fan, and Prequel hater, HAD to vote for it at the Razzies this year!

I will genuinely and passionately argue till my dying day that A Most Violent Year and The Twilight Saga: New Moon were equally atrocious flaming piles of horseshit, in spite of their polar opposite critics scores on RT.

Finally, if its any consolation to you, I’m almost sure I am the only one who voted for The Failed Awakening, which I accept with dignity and even some pride in knowing I was the only Razzie voter to call it out for its own heartless, rehashed bullshit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m mainly concerned that Chappie was not on the ballot and had to be written in for Worst Picture.

Well, at least I remembered it. I kept going back and forth between Terminator Genysys and Chappie for my 2nd write in slot, and I eventually decided to put Chappie in for Worst Picture and Genysys in Worst Screenplay, as means of spreading the wealth.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”tyman21″]

Some people around these parts don’t like it when a big budget, mass appeal, sci fi blockbuster diverts all of the attention away from pretentious, elitist fare you wouldn’t watch if it was the only film being shown on your 16 hour flight overseas.

[/quote]You know what some of my all-time LEAST favorite movies are? Enemy and A Most Violent Year. I thought No Country for Old Men and Zero Dark Thirty were overrated, boring, PRETENTIOUS piles of shit! LonePirate, I guarantee you I am one of the least elitist, pretentious people you are EVER going to meet. 

I hold Mean Girls to the same standard of cinematic gold I hold North By Northwest. One’s the perfect teen comedy (and hieracrhy / political allegory IMO) and one is the perfect espionage spy thriller! I look at Wreck-it Ralph with the exact same objective eyes I look at Titanic, LOVED them both, 2 of my All-time favorite movies.

Everyone has their own tastes, I just consider my tastes………. tasteful.   😉 

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Star Wars though? LMFAO!

Yes, Star Wars. I like seeing other people happy, so there’s a silver lining that my genuine, honest opinion gave you a good laugh at least! 🙂

I also don’t think The Force Awakens deserves to be considered an actual, official part of the Star Wars canon, along with anything and everything else Disney does with this franchise. It’s all soulless merchandising and lazy-ass, repetitive, unimaginative storytelling. And keep in mind it’s one thing deliver more of the same and not be creative, but it’s specifically The Failed Awakening blatantly insulting STUBBORN REFUSAL to be creative that horrified me so much. Abrams & co. had potential, they just chose to rip-off the original trilogy (especially A New Hope, though) PLOT POINT by freaking PLOT POINT.

Seriously, just look at my gigantic review in the Official Goldderby Thread for this new “Star Wars” thing. It took me quite a while to post, not just on Goldderby, on the Razzies website, and quite a few Youtube pages as well!

By the way, I saw your tag. What is King Kunta’s world exactly, and who the f**k is this “King Kunta? Sorry if the question seems to rude and/or too personal, but I am genuinely curious.    

ReplyCopy URL
    Deniz Sisman
    Participant
    Topics:

Good for you for voting Jupiter Ascending everywhere. Here’s hoping it sweeps all the way. You should replace Will Ferrel with Chris Hemsworth, though. God, models should be banned from anything related to acting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Good for you for voting Jupiter Ascending everywhere. Here’s hoping it sweeps all the way. You should replace Will Ferrel with Chris Hemsworth, though. God, models should be banned from anything related to acting.

Shit! I was this close to voting for Hemsworth, but I went with Ferrell as my 5th vote just because I’ve just gotten so sick of that guy, he didn’t do anything for me even in Anchorman 2! Hemsworth is good at playing Thor….. and ONLY Thor. 

But I still haven’t gotten completely tired of him, unlike his younger brother Liam, all this talk about him playing a young Han Solo I find more disturbing than when there was talk of Robert Pattinson playing Indiana Jones! “barf”

Also, here’s 1 vote you don’t need to worry about going with Stupider Ascending for Worst Everything of 2015! 😉 

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”tyman21″]

[/quote]

LonePirate! Lololol! Welcome back to the forums!

Hmmm….this year’s ballot is more difficult for me than most years…

Anyone actually think there could be THREE sci-fi’s in the BP lineup this year? Gach!!!! Never mind any Razzie noms for them (except, Jupiter Ascending, an unfortunate happenstance for two of my favorite Directors)…

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”ValarMorghulis”]

Star Wars though? LMFAO!

Yes, Star Wars. I like seeing other people happy, so there’s a silver lining that my genuine, honest opinion gave you a good laugh at least! 🙂

I also don’t think The Force Awakens deserves to be considered an actual, official part of the Star Wars canon, along with anything and everything else Disney does with this franchise. It’s all soulless merchandising and lazy-ass, repetitive, unimaginative storytelling. And keep in mind it’s one thing deliver more of the same and not be creative, but it’s specifically The Failed Awakening blatantly insulting STUBBORN REFUSAL to be creative that horrified me so much. Abrams & co. had potential, they just chose to rip-off the original trilogy (especially A New Hope, though) PLOT POINT by freaking PLOT POINT.

Seriously, just look at my gigantic review in the Official Goldderby Thread for this new “Star Wars” thing. It took me quite a while to post, not just on Goldderby, on the Razzies website, and quite a few Youtube pages as well!

By the way, I saw your tag. What is King Kunta’s world exactly, and who the f**k is this “King Kunta? Sorry if the question seems to rude and/or too personal, but I am genuinely curious.    
    [/quote]

I understand, but you are throwing your vote away. Not that has ever stopped me of course…but Star Wars aint happening with this group. Voting for it is like voting for The Green Party around these parts. Great party, but nobody’s at it.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

Teridax’s unrelenting mission to make sure everyone on these forums knows just how much he hated “Star Wars” is………charming.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Reply To: My 2015 Official Razzie Ballot (Who/What I voted for)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.