My Official 2016 Razzie Nominating Ballot (What I voted for!)

Home // Forums // Movies // My Official 2016 Razzie Nominating Ballot (What I voted for!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Worst Picture
    1. Gods of Egypt
    2. Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
    3. Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party
    4. The Divergent Series: Allegiant
    5. Zoolander No. 2

Worst Actor
    1. Gerard Butler “Gods of Egypt” and “London Has Fallen”
    2. Ben Affleck “Batman v. Superman”
    3. Henry Cavill “Batman v. Superman”
    4. Dinesh D’Souza “Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party”
    5. Robert De Niro “Dirty Grandpa”

Worst Actress
    1. Shailene Woodley “The Divergent Series: Allegiant”
    2. (write-in) Melissa McCarthy “The Boss”
    3. (write-in) Emily Blunt “The Huntsman: Winter’s War”
    4. Naomi Watts “The Divergent Series: Allegiant” and “Shut In”
    5. Julia Roberts “Mother’s Day”

Worst Director
    1. Alex Proyas “Gods of Egypt”
    2. Zack Snyder “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice”
    3. Ben Stiller “Zoolander No. 2”
    4. Roland Emmerich “Independence Day: Resurgence”
    5. Dinesh D’Souza “Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party”

Worst Supporting Actor
    1. Jesse Eisenberg “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice”
    2. Jeff Goldblum “Independence Day: Resurgence”
    3. Brendon Thwaites “Gods of Egypt”
    4. Benedict Cumberbatch “Zoolander No. 2”
    5. Johnny Depp “Alice Through the Looking Glass”

Worst Supporting Actress
    1. (write-in) Kate Mckinnon “Ghostbusters”
    2. Kristen Wiig “Zoolander No. 2”
    3. Octavia Spencer “The Divergent Series: Allegiant”
    4. Jennifer Hough “Dirty Grandpa”
    5. Kate Hudson “Mother’s Day”

Worst Screenplay
    1. Gods of Egypt
    2. Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party
    3. Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
    5. Ghostbusters

Worst Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel
    1. Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
    2. Blair Witch
    3. Independence Day: Resurgence
    5. Zoolander No. 2

Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

So, what do you all think? 😀

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I agree with everything except Kate McKinnon, and the acting nods for Cavill and Affleck. A lot went wrong there in the movie but it wasn’t them. Otherwise a respectable razzie ballot considering the shortlist.

Also thank you for not voting for recent Best Actress in an Action movie winner Margot Robbie.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with everything except Kate McKinnon, and the acting nods for Cavill and Affleck. A lot went wrong there in the movie but it wasn’t them. Otherwise a respectable razzie ballot considering the shortlist.

Also thank you for not voting for recent Best Actress in an Action movie winner Margot Robbie.

I honestly wouldn’t complain if Margot Robbie got an Oscar nod (For Supporting, considering what an Ensemble movie it is) for her career best work as Harley Quinn.

I was unenthusiastic about the Supporting Actress Razzie category aside from Wiig and kind of Spencer, and wrote in Kate McKinnon because I found her performance and character in general annoying as all hell.

If Batfleck and Henry Cavill get Razzie-nominated, hopefully that will send a message to them not to appear in any more DC movies after Justice League. Or to at least let them know how hard they sucked, in my opinion.

Still, thank you for your feedback! 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone else have any feedback?

ReplyCopy URL
    Andy Macca McGaw
    Participant
    Topics:

McKinnon won’t be getting a nomination, she’s too well loved. Everything else seems justified.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

McKinnon won’t be getting a nomination, she’s too well loved. Everything else seems justified.

I know she won’t be getting a nomination, I was just really uninspired by my choices in the category, and thought that her fire extinguisher scene alone was enough to merit a place on my ballot.

ReplyCopy URL
    JMK21571
    Participant
    Topics:

I know she won’t be getting a nomination, I was just really uninspired by my choices in the category, and thought that her fire extinguisher scene alone was enough to merit a place on my ballot.

You wanna see a real sh*t performance, check out (if you can/dare) Nina, in which Zoe Saldana pathetically tries to replicate the persona of Nina Simone (with horrid prosthetics!), all to negligible effect…

ReplyCopy URL
    kaziz
    Participant
    Topics:

You could have shoved in all the women in Mother’s Day, Bad Grandpa, Zoolander 2, Suicide Squad, Alice through the Looking Glass in that category and you chose Octavia Spencer and Kate McKinnon. Cmon man. And yes, agreed on Zoe Saldana. Rest of the noms seem appropriate, even though I’d hate on Suicide Squad a lot more.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jackson B
    Participant
    Topics:

The Boss was probably the worst theatrical release i saw last year.

So that would probably be my main vote for most awards. I really rely on critics/rotten tomatoes before I see a theatrically released movie…so i really don’t see many Razzie kind of movies.

Although i hated The VVITCH, that was just one i did not agree at all with the critics.

Going off the trailer alone, Passengers looks all around awful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

You could have shoved in all the women in Mother’s Day, Bad Grandpa, Zoolander 2, Suicide Squad, Alice through the Looking Glass in that category and you chose Octavia Spencer and Kate McKinnon. Cmon man. And yes, agreed on Zoe Saldana. Rest of the noms seem appropriate, even though I’d hate on Suicide Squad a lot more.

I personally thought Julia Roberts awful cameo with that awful wig and Kate Hudson would be decent RAZZing for Mother’s Day. I wanted to spread the wealth. I saw Octavia, and on one hand, I felt sorry for her the same way I did for Geoffrey Rush in Gods of Egypt, where you have this really talented actor who clearly has no idea what the heck they’re doing, or what movie they’re even in, like they just wandered onto some random set, were handed a costume, paycheck, and some bullshit lines, and… yeaah… that’s it. BUT on the other hand, awful is still awful. 🙁

I actually liked Suicide Squad, for me it was dumb fun, in an R-rated Power Rangers kind of way. It was stupid as all hell, but I’d honestly rather re-watch it than X-Men: Apocalpyse, and even the stupid Jungle Book movie that came out last year that everyone loved for some reason. Plus, no movie with Margot Robbie’s fantastic performance as Harley Quinn deserves to be included among the year’s worst, in my opinion.

I know I’m in the minority on this one, but I thought Kate McKinnon was atrocious in Ghostbusters, it was such a weak category, and that terrible fire extinguisher scene sealed the deal for me. Plus, as much of a painful and scarring abomination Zoolander 2 was, Penelope Cruz did fine with what shit she was given, same with Sela Ward in another movie I generally despised, Independence Day: Resurgence.

Your feedback is very much appreciated! 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank you for sparing Suicide Squad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

The Boss was probably the worst theatrical release i saw last year.

So that would probably be my main vote for most awards. I really rely on critics/rotten tomatoes before I see a theatrically released movie…so i really don’t see many Razzie kind of movies.

Although i hated The VVITCH, that was just one i did not agree at all with the critics.

Going off the trailer alone, Passengers looks all around awful.

I voted for Melissa McCarthy as a write-in for The Boss because of how universally hated the movie and and her performance were. But like Kate McKinnon, I know she has no shot at an actual nomination, write-ins NEVER make the final ballot, for better and for worse.

I actually didn’t care for The VVitch either, besides the beautiful Cinematography. Not the MOST overrated film of the year, in my opinion.

Passengers looked okay from the trailer, but I confess to not seeing the movie when I saw what terrible reviews it got.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank you for sparing Suicide Squad.

You’re welcome. We all don’t have to have same opinions, I liked Suicide Squad, I just think it could have used better editing and less studio interference. The entire cast was great, I’m even one of the only people who thought Enchantress was a fun, cheesy villain.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Seems like a reasonable ballot except for Kate McKinnon. Nothing about that film was Razzie worthy.

As for Cavill and Affleck, yeah, they’re not the guilty ones. If I had a ballot I would vote Jesse Eisenberg for all five slots. And of course the win. And when the decade is over, give him the Decade Award they give.

You really seem to focus on a handful of films when there was so much to choose from: Keeping up with the Joneses, TNMT2, Idependence Day, Tarzan…

And hey, if you’re going to beat on BvS, why not take even more deserved shots at Suicide Squad, the true worst film of the year?

Oh and it’s Julianne Hough, not Jennifer. But yeah, nice catch there, awful performance.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Reply To: My Official 2016 Razzie Nominating Ballot (What I voted for!)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.