Home Forums Movies My Oscar Prediction Site (Updated: 25/11/2012)

My Oscar Prediction Site (Updated: 25/11/2012)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
SeunO
babypook
24Emmy
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

I’ll do it for the first time of my life. An Oscar Prediction Site.

I’ll predict as good as I can, but I need your advice, opinion and suggestion for it!

I did put up my Supporting Acting predictions. Do you think I did right, or you wouldn’t predict someone from the list?

Did I miss someone? A real contender?

http://www.theoscarland.wordpress.com

Macbeth
    Participant
    Topics:

Love it 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    SeunO
    Participant
    Topics:

Nice site but here’s a question.

Do you think that Weinstein will submit Hoffman as Supporting – it would be a clever thing to do and depending on how good DiCaprio is and how overdue he is deemed it should be a cakewalk for Hoffman.

However, it would be very interesting if they both contended lead.
    I hear that they are more or less on equal footing where screentime is concerned although Phoenix has the narrative and the more polarizing character.

Thoughts?
    Anyone SEEN The Master – I have to wait till November in the UK but I know there have been screenings in Chicago and San Fransisco (i think san fransisco) 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

They pretty sure want another Oscar for Hoffman, so yes, I think they’ll submit him in Supporting. It will be a smart move and then Phoenix won’t be threatened by him at all. He’ll be threatened by Day-Lewis instead. LOL.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

About DiCaprio.

He’s my favourite actor but sometimes I feel that the Academy doesn’t give a shit for his performances at all.

Revolutionary Road. Inception. Shutter Island. J. Edgar. Four Oscar-worthy roles in the past three years and still nothing. The Academy didn’t care about him.

I would call it as a shame thing. And you know what? If he wins this year….it’s an Oscar for sure, but he’s so NOT a Supporting Actor type. So he’ll win in a wrong category…still bad. And he’s not that type of actor who wins his second unfortunately. You know what I mean?

ReplyCopy URL
    Cordell Martin
    Participant
    Topics:

You really don’t think Dwight Henry is one of the top 10 contenders for supporting actor?

ReplyCopy URL
    SeunO
    Participant
    Topics:

About DiCaprio.

He’s my favourite actor but sometimes I feel that the Academy doesn’t give a shit for his performances at all.

Revolutionary Road. Inception. Shutter Island. J. Edgar. Four Oscar-worthy roles in the past three years and still nothing. The Academy didn’t care about him.

I would call it as a shame thing. And you know what? If he wins this year….it’s an Oscar for sure, but he’s so NOT a Supporting Actor type. So he’ll win in a wrong category…still bad. And he’s not that type of actor who wins his second unfortunately. You know what I mean?

Yeah completely agree. But you can see how he could get left off the list each time.
    I think there is a certain amount of the Academy not giving a shit and just bad timing.
    Revolutionary Road could have been something for him but for me 2008 Best Actor was quite a closed off race from the outset and DiCaprio was sixth place.
    Inception, the Academy don’t like sci-fi performances, but 2010 was a strong lead category as well and if anyone was going to nab that 5th slot it was going to either be Duvall or Bardem.
    Shutter Island is a weird one cause it was just completely off the radar generally.
    J. Edgar. It’s tough because of all the categories this year Lead Actor had the strongest possibilities and if anyone got snubbed it’s Fassbender plus J.Edgar as a movie wasn’t all that substantial.

Up against Hoffman I wouldn’t be so sure about DiCaprio but who knows.
    I’ve heard good things about Kerry Washington too. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

You really don’t think Dwight Henry is one of the top 10 contenders for supporting actor?

I was thinking about him a lot…really, but not yet…I’ll predict him if he’ll have a huge support at the critics awards, but right now, the Academy Award nominees and winners are on the top of my list (doesn’t mean that he can’t kick them out later).

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I understand your DiCaprio theory, but still, he’s one of the greatest actor of all time (for me) and still did not win an Oscar. It makes me super sad.

Yeah. Kerry Washington. How could I forget her? I’ll put her on my contender list right now! Thanks!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    SeunO
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”Nues20″]

I understand your DiCaprio theory, but still, he’s one of the greatest actor of all time (for me) and still did not win an Oscar. It makes me super sad.

Yeah. Kerry Washington. How could I forget her? I’ll put her on my contender list right now! Thanks!!!![/quote]

Great!!! BTW have you ever seen my blog:
    awardreview.blogspot.co.uk 

I REALLY love the site 

ReplyCopy URL
    SeunO
    Participant
    Topics:

PLUS just saw that you have Isla Fisher for The Great Gatsby on your contenders list.
    She would be on the 2013/2014 circuit since The Great Gatsby has been bumped back to Summer 2013 

ReplyCopy URL
    SeunO
    Participant
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain – Lawless ??
    Guy Pierce – Lawless ?? 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

OMG I’m such a mess. I knew that it’s moving for next year, why the hell did I put her on the list, lol?

You’ll be surprised but I’m actually a fan of your blog for a while! Such a strong and entertaining site!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain – Lawless ??
    Guy Pierce – Lawless ?? 

I’m not sure about these…I’ll put these on the list later if they will have a chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    SeunO
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG I’m such a mess. I knew that it’s moving for next year, why the hell did I put her on the list, lol?

You’ll be surprised but I’m actually a fan of your blog for a while! Such a strong and entertaining site!

Seriously! Thank you so much.
    Well feel free to comment.
    Wow, thanks so much you’ve actually made my day 🙂 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
Reply To: My Oscar Prediction Site (Updated: 25/11/2012)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.