My own picks of 2013 movies in all categories

Home // Forums // Movies // My own picks of 2013 movies in all categories

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Saulo Correa Ferreira
    Participant
    Topics:

Hello, I know I am very late to the game, but I have finished recentely putting together what would be my nominations and winners for the year 2013. It took a lot of work and some discussions about the picks would be very welcome. Here is the first part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCsnVTyUV94

I will try to upload the second part tomorrow and later, I wil also do for 2014 movies. Thanks 

ETPhoneHome
    Participant
    Topics:

The video did not work for me, perhaps the privacy settings aren’t properly set?

ReplyCopy URL
    Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

I find it hilarious that you have watched Lea Seydoux’s performance and you still picked Lupita over her……wow. Anyway the rightful winner in that category should have been Sally Hawkins. Good video though. Oh and Gravity not getting a score nomination??? wtf.

ReplyCopy URL
    Saulo Correa Ferreira
    Participant
    Topics:

Tischeo
    It should be working. Could you please try again and tell me if it is okay now?

Nikolay
    Ironically, Seydoux an Hawkins were my second and sixth choise respectively. I thought that Seydoux’s performance was great, don’t get me wrong, but Lupida provided some of last years most moving scenes. As for Hawking, I think that it is more the editors and the directors fault then her own as the movie always shies alway from her face and don’t give her the proper screen time, almost all of her scenes either Jasmine or other character that has the screen, because of that, her performance lost some impact for me. As for Gravity, I guess I am the minority, but I didn’t like its role in the movie, I thought that was too loud (specially in the films end), or drawing too much attention for itself and I would have liked better if some scenes were left unscored with the “silence” really taking the control. That was also why I didn’t nominate Gravity in the sound category. For me, it didn’t quite worked. Thank you for your response!

ReplyCopy URL
    24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Welcome to goldderby. Nice video.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: My own picks of 2013 movies in all categories

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.