January 15, 2014 at 12:16 pm #133300
Every year, in the vein of Sasha Stone, I make three “No Guts No Glory” predictions.
I encourage you all to make some as well and share them here.January 15, 2014 at 12:17 pm #133302
1. “Frozen” will be nominated for Best Picture.
2. Joaquin Phoenix will be nominated for Actor.
3. Julia Roberts will be nominated in the lead category.January 15, 2014 at 12:19 pm #133303
1. Jennifer Garner will get nominated.
2. Tom Hanks for Saving Mr. Banks will get in.
3. Frozen in screenplay
January 15, 2014 at 12:22 pm #133305
Jeremy Renner in Sup Actor for American Hustle.January 15, 2014 at 12:23 pm #133306
James Franco – Spring Breakers – Supporting Actor
Amy Adams – Her – Supporting Actress
Make it happen, Oscar fairy.January 15, 2014 at 12:33 pm #133307
Jake Gyllenhaal – Supporting Actor
Oscar Isaac – Leading Actor
The Wolf of Wall Street (Rodrigo Prieto) – CinematographyJanuary 15, 2014 at 12:42 pm #133308
1.Tom Hanks- Saving Mr. Banks (Supporting Actor)
2.The Lone Ranger (Visual Effects)
3.Oz the Great & Powerful (Production Design)January 15, 2014 at 12:42 pm #133309
You guys are all talk.
Here are ten things that I am actually predicting:
January 15, 2014 at 12:46 pm #133310
- The Butler is nominated for Best Picture
- Stories We Tell is snubbed for Best Documentary
- Steve McQueen is snubbed for Best Director
- Spike Jonze is nominated for Best Director
- Christian Bale is nominated for Best Leading Actor
- Judi Dench is snubbed for Best Leading Actress
- Michael Fassbender is snubbed for Best Supporting Actor
- Will Forte is nominated for Best Supporting Actor
- Catching Fire gets two nominations
- The Lone Ranger gets two nominations
I’m not going to officially make any of these kind of predictions, but just for fun
1. Margot Robbie in Supporting Actress
2. Will Forte in Supporting Actor
3. Rush in Best PictureJanuary 15, 2014 at 1:00 pm #133312
“Amen” from All Is Lost for Best Original Song.
Bad Grandpa for Best Makeup & Hairstyling.January 15, 2014 at 1:04 pm #133313
James Gandolfini is my official one for the contest.
Adele would be one that I’ll predict off the record.January 15, 2014 at 1:05 pm #133314
Gravity in for screenplay
12 years misses editingJanuary 15, 2014 at 1:15 pm #133315
I would say Adele, but it wouldn’t actually be that much of a surprise, since we know she’s probably around #7-ish
A good example for this thread, like people have said, would be Will Forte. He seems like the kind of coattail nominee that could sneak in, but not actually that surprising if you think about it. Depends on how much they love Nebraska.
Frances Ha for best Original Screenplay? There is usually something left-field, but not that left-field, that sneaks into the screenplay categories.