Home Forums Movies NOAH (Darren Aronofsky – 2014)

NOAH (Darren Aronofsky – 2014)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Beau S.
    Topics:

The trailer for Aronofsky’s 2014 biblical epic has dropped.

Crowe and Hopkins look like contenders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2sGw3w8_HA

Laactingnyc
    Participant
    Topics:

Ummmmm this looks nothing like the biblical story. It looks like a trailer for the avengers or something…….

ReplyCopy URL
    benbraddock
    Participant
    Topics:

Darren Aronofsky…My second favorite film maker
    Russell Crowe– One of the best and my favorite actors..
    With that being said, i looked forward to this film with such anticipation
    until i heard it was an early 2014 release..which signaled a typical
    throwaway into the new year..

Now i have witnessed this horrific trailer..and what is a simple bible
    story looks as if its been turned into a colossal mess of a combination
    of Braveheart meets Gladiator with a bit of LOTR throw in..

Russell crowe and Anthony hopkins can read the phonebook and sound good
    so the acting i see in the trailer really does NOT impress me at all..

A terrible waste of money Mr. Aronofsky…I think you have totally disappointed
    me!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Choice Chayawat
    Participant
    Topics:

The film is set to be released in March 2014, so I doubt it will be a serious contender in major categories. But with Darren Aronofsky at the helm, it will be interesting to see how much attention this film gets.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

I sure hope Anthony Hopkins decided to act in this one, unlike ‘Thor: The Dark World’, where he was sleep-acting his way through the film. Crowe is a good actor, for sure, but he doesn’t always pick winners. Mr. Aronofsky can be a great director, but this is his first big budget feature… I hope he doesn’t lose his grasp on the material. Jennifer Connelly can be good, or boring… Guess we’ll see! Logan Lerman and Emma Watson are both very good and promising young talents, so I’m wishing the best for them as well. The release date is an interesting one. Regardless, and despite having zero interest in anything from the Bible, I’m going to hope for the best and see this opening weekend.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope that we get that epilogue from the arc story in the Bible where Noah gets naked and randomly curses his grandson.  In any case, a Bible story by a non-religious writer-director should be cool, although I am not sure why a studio would spend $130 million on that.  Also, Aronofsky was robbed in 2010!

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope that we get that epilogue from the arc story in the Bible where Noah gets naked and randomly curses his grandson.  In any case, a Bible story by a non-religious writer-director should be cool, although I am not sure why a studio would spend $130 million on that.  Also, Aronofsky was robbed in 2010!  2008. 

Fixed.  

Black Swan was a damn good movie, but it followed a near-identical arc as his 2008 masterpiece The Wrestler

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe I should see The Wrestler

ReplyCopy URL
    Renaton
    Topics:

I don’t like the trailer, but I’m not sure why people are mad it’s an reinterpretation of the story rather than a literal adaptation? Religious films are often better than they insert ambiguity and expand context to make them more than a moralistic story. Also, when they are allowed to get a little crazy. This won’t Pasolini, I’m sure, but I see nothing wrong in diverging a bit to give us something more fantasy driven (especially since the Bible in essence just a big fantasy novel).

Also, yes, please let’s us have drunk naked Noah cursing everyone, it would be fantastic. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

As a Christian, I fear that Aronofsky will deviate majorly from what The Bible says about the story.

ReplyCopy URL
    Renaton
    Topics:

Again, isn’t that a good thing? Every christian knows the story. A lot of non-christians know the story. And he seems more interested in using the story as starting point about other ideas about humanity and bringing elements and symbology from other faiths as well. That sounds more intriguing than simply doing a direct, no variation, no personality, Bible adaptation that is meant to be inoffensive and safe. And stories like Noah should have different versions precisely to bring the core point of them stronger after dilluting its power from familiarity and show new facets of those themes.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Graeme O’Neil
    Topics:

The trailer is intriguing. It’s kinda ridiculous, but it does have a fun action/epic feel to it, and Russell Crowe rocks in these roles, and it’s cool to see him reunited with Jennifer Connelly (finally in a major movie again!). Plus I have faith in it because I just don’t see Darren Aronofsky making a bad movie, despite some of the ridiculous moments in the trailer.

Emma Watson and Logan Lerman are nice additions too. 

ReplyCopy URL
    DominicCobb
    Participant
    Topics:

Before I comment I will admit to not having seen the trailer due to a personal aversion from trailers. So my thoughts are not based on that, I have no idea how the footage looks.

I have faith (pun unintended) in this film because of Aronofsky and Aronofsky alone. Yeah, he’s never made a “blockbuster” before, but this isn’t quite that, is it? He’s done heavy FX with The Fountain. And I don’t see the script being bad. First of all, Aronofsky’s a co-writer (and if I haven’t made my opinion clear, he’s one of the best filmmakers out there). Also, he passed on The Wolverine for this. And that was surprisingly good, actually, and that was with the less talented (though still talented) James Mangold at the helm. I just can’t imagine this being bad.

And, as for adherence to the source material – honestly, who wants to see a preachy by the book bible adaptation? This is much better. 

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, I saw the “leaked” trailer a while back, and were it not for Aronofsky helming, I wouldnt be as intrigued.

This appears to be a visual effects endeavor, and the Christian Right is already angry about the film. Which is, probably not all that bad for the film. He’s using the same cinematographer from Black Swan, and reuniting Connelly and Crowe may be interesting. I expect this to be a visual stunner. I’ll likely go to the theatre to see it when it’s released.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

the special effects should be great. Crowe looks like an early contender for best actor.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.