Home Forums Movies NOW BOARDING – The Girl On The Train

NOW BOARDING – The Girl On The Train

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
  • AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, if you’re the fastest selling adult novel in history, it’s no suprise people are jumping at the chance to make and star in the film version of the smash hit The Girl On The Train.Tate Taylor, best known for The Help, is already up for directing the project, with Emily Blunt in the starring role of ‘the girl on the train’ – also known as Rachel.This morning, new casting news places Rebecca Ferguson, fresh off a scene stealing performance in Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, on board. The White Queen and Hercules rising star will play Anna, the new wife of Rachel’s ex-husband. A third main female role is yet to be cast. The script will not be written by author Paula Hawkins, but it will be set in New York, just a short trip away from the setting of the book, which is in England. The book has been praised by critics and audiences, and if you’re into Gone Girl, apparently this is one that will be right up your street. Or, even, your train track.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Chris Beachum.
    DingbatHauteur
    Topics:

I absolutely loved the book, so I’m disappointed Paula Hawkins won’t do the screenplay.

On the other hand, I think Emily Blunt is an excellent choice to play Rachel (not sure about Rebecca Ferguson as Anna).

I’m excited to see it. 

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

The book is often compared to “Gone Girl” and I do get the comparison, but “GG” is a FAR superior book. Still, it’s a good book (even if a bit predictable). It’ll be interesting to see how it is adapted since the story is told from multiple POVs.

LOVE the casting of Emily Blunt — this is a great role for her. I’ve read elsewhere that Kate Mara is rumored for the role of Megan. Definitely didn’t have her in mind, but she could be good. Interested to see who they get for Tom and Scott.  

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

NEW PASSENGER BOARDING!

The third leading female role has been cast. Haley Bennett, best known for her role in Equalizer joins Blunt and Ferguson, and will play Megan.

Bennett is quite in demand as of late, with roles in the upcoming as yet untitled projects from Warren Beatty and Terrencd Malick, as well as the remake of The Magnificent Seven, directed by Antoine Fuqua, whom Bennett worked with on Equalizer.

Casting will now turn to the male roles for the film.

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Reports are suggesting that Chris Evans and Oscar winner Jared Leto will be joining the cast as Bennett’s and Ferguson’s husbands respectively.

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

MORE INSANELY BRILLIANT CASTING NEWS!!!

Empire reports that Allison Janney will be continuing her strong working relationship with Tate Taylor by joining the film as a police detective!

Source:

I feel like because this cast is so brilliant, somethings gonna have to give with this eventually, surely?

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope this is as good as Gone Girl and gives Emily Blunt her Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Awesome for Janney! 

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Chris Evans has apparently passed on the project and supposedly Justin Theroux (The Leftovers) is being pursued.

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

I worship at the alter of Queen Janney. But I’m not remembering a prominent female detective role in the book. Maybe there are some changes being made for the screen…that wouldn’t be the worst thing, honestly. 

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Another day, another cast member added.

Welcome aboard, LISA KUDROW!

Empire has revealed that she will join the already phenomenal cast, playing the role of…….Monica! (FRIENDS fans prepare to laugh/freak out over that)!

Source: http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/girl-train-adds-lisa-kudrow/

ReplyCopy URL
    KyleBailey
    Participant
    Topics:

LISA KUDROW!!!!! This is amazing 

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Casting switch around news.

As we already know, Justin Theroux has replaced Chris Evans after he left the film.

Today, it has been revealed that Jared Leto has also left the project, but has been replaced by Luke Evans.

It is also reported that filming has started this week, with some photo’s of Emily Blunt on set currently doing the rounds.

Luke Evans source: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a772940/luke-evans-joins-the-girl-on-the-train-replacing-jared-leto/?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=dsuk&utm_campaign=twdsuk

Emily Blunt on set source: http://www.mtv.com/news/2370959/emily-blunt-girl-on-the-train-pics/

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Bump

ReplyCopy URL
    moviefan61794
    Participant
    Topics:

Trailer released today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CKPj4O5_9s

I’m here for this cast, especially Emily Blunt and Allison Janney. Haley Bennett makes quite a strong impression here too.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.