Home Forums Movies Official TOY STORY 4 Thread (Coming June 15th, 2018)

Official TOY STORY 4 Thread (Coming June 15th, 2018)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
  • Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I know that this is extremely early to get one of these up, but holy fucking shit, this news is big!!!

John Lasseter has officially stated today that he will direct a fourth installment of my all-time favourite film franchise, Toy Story. Tom Hanks and Tim Allen confirmed to return.

The screenplay will be written by Rashida Jones and Will McCormack, based on a story by Lasseter, Pete Docter, Andrew Stanton and Lee Unkrich.

http://collider.com/toy-story-4-release-date/#more-370292

I am speechless. Anyone dare to discuss this?

24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Ooh. This has been speculated for a while. I’m intrigued to see if they can top the Toy Story 3 ending.

We also have this to look forward to next month:

ReplyCopy URL
    Tye-Grr
    Topics:

Why couldn’t they leave well enough alone? ‘Toy Story 3′ had such an emotionally powerful and perfect ending. I was happy with them carrying on with these shorts, but to do a 4th movie seems like a bad idea. I guess we’ll see, but I don’t want a bad film to ruin the series’ flawless reputation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

^ Me too. I am kinda trusting Pixar that they know what they are doing, but I am a little scared. Toy Story is my favourite movie ever and I do not want the franchise to suffer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Dreading this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate the thought of this. Toy Story 3 was all I needed with these characters. It’s perfect. How can you top perfection? 

Really, though, I’m just getting sick of Pixar making sequels/prequels to their past properties in general. Guess I’m really going to have to try and savor Inside Out. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Ryan Lapierre
    Participant
    Topics:

You can’t see it but I’m mad.

ReplyCopy URL
    GraemeONeil
    Participant
    Topics:

I have the same reaction that I did to Before Midnight.  The ending to the previous film was so freakin perfect…THAT’S how I want to remember these characters. It was a beautiful ending that was completely satisfying.  I don’t need another story.

With Before Midnight, my concern was real. The film was solid but unnecessary. It tainted my memory of those characters.

This will envitably do the same. There is just no possible way they will create something meaningful enough to add on to the story that concluded in Toy Story 3.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I know that everyone is kinda upset, but keep this in mind…

This is Pixar most famous and beloved franchise, and they even halted production on a different direct-to-video Toy Story 3 that focused on Buzz Lightyear getting recalled to Taiwan by the now-defunct Circle 9 Productions. And even Toy Story 2 was going to be direct-to-video but they believed in the story so much they gave it a theatrical release.

I think people need to realize that Pixar may be onto something here. I mean think about it, they didn’t even think about a story for Toy Story 4 until just recently and they must have had faith in the story in order to justify a fourth installment.

I am just as scared as all of you are, however, I am going to trust Pixar this once. If they screw this up big time, then I am probably not going to be the huge Pixar fan I am today. If they turn out something even half decent, or close to the first three films, then I will be very happy and shove it in everyone’s face. LOL JK. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmys2011
    Participant
    Topics:

NO NO  NO

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greedy idiots…

Perfect ending. One of the best closures ever seen in film, specially in this beloved trilogy. Nough said. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

If they screw this up big time, then I am probably not going to be the huge Pixar fan I am today. If they turn out something even half decent, or close to the first three films, then I will be very happy and shove it in everyone’s face.

Something half decent is exactly what we are afraid of.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pieman1994
    Participant
    Topics:

On one hand, no Toy Story film has been anything short of a masterpiece. We have no real evidence to suggest they’ll fail. I don’t believe they would continue with this if they were confident in making another amazing film. On the other hand, people thought Cars was a good idea, and worse, they thought Cars 2 was a good idea. Pixar has been in a bit of creative rut, as of late. Monsters University and Brave were both just… good. And this is just pressing their luck a little too hard. As has been said, Toy Story 3 is the perfect retirement to these characters. The series should have ended there. 

Ultimately, I’ll wait for the movie to come out before handing out judgement. Still, this makes me incredibly nervous. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Halo_Insider
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”tyman21″]If they screw this up big time, then I am probably not going to be the huge Pixar fan I am today. If they turn out something even half decent, or close to the first three films, then I will be very happy and shove it in everyone’s face.

Something half decent is exactly what we are afraid of.
    [/quote]

Exactly. The previous three entries expertly built off each other. If it ends up half decent, we’ll be ticked off by the redundancy of it all. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Anthony
    Participant
    Topics:

I have always felt like i was in a very small minority but I wasn’t as passionately enamored with the Toy Story films as others were/are. I definitely appreciate the groundbreaking computer animations and the scriptwork (being the first animated film to get a Screenplay nomination). Frankly, I would need to see Toy Story 2 again as I don’t really remember it.

I, for one, was not happy when Toy Story 3 was announced because it was “just another sequel” and I didn’t have much interest in seeing it….then the reviews came out and I couldn’t believe what I read. I then proceeded to watch the film and was left stunned and in tears. I still stand by Toy Story 3 as a masterpiece of a film and quite the best sequel of all time, animated or live-action…..it was a truly stunning effort.

I am very wary of a fourth installment for the same reasons as many of you but I do also have a feeling that perhaps we can trust Pixar….and with that, I will also add that it could (or should I say WILL) be a huge blow to Pixar if it isn’t good. 

I guess we shall see. 

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

That ending in the 3rd one was perfect. Why ruin it. What can they possibly do to top it?!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
Reply To: Official TOY STORY 4 Thread (Coming June 15th, 2018)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.