Oscars 2018 Nominations: Part 3 (Make Your Predictions Now)

Home // Forums // Movies // Oscars 2018 Nominations: Part 3 (Make Your Predictions Now)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 591 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
  • sitizoner
    Participant
    Topics:

While narratives will still be a major indicator of success, I think they understand they’re only interested in handing out the golden statue to the pure best this time around.

I understand your point of view. But DDL is one of the most respected actors in the biz, and safe to say that he can’t do wrong when it comes to ‘acting’. Plus, best actor category is generally less stacked than best actress every year, so in my book DDL is a shoe-in for a nom.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

It shouldn’t have any problem getting sag ensemble.

It shouldn’t?

pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

It shouldn’t have any problem getting sag ensemble.

It shouldn’t?

It shouldn’t.

Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

It shouldn’t.

Explain. Give us more than just five actors from the film that aren’t extras. I’m pretty sure that even if it had six good actors it won’t beat bigger ensembles like The Post, Dunkirk, Orient Express, Downsizing, The Big Sick, Darkest Hour, Baby Driver, The Beguiled, Wonderstruck & Beauty and the Beast.

jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

The new PTA film has had a name for a while now: Phantom Thread. It still says “Untitled PTA Film” in the prediction center

pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Explain. Give us more than just five actors from the film that aren’t extras. I’m pretty sure that even if it had six good actors it won’t beat bigger ensembles like The Post, Dunkirk, Orient Express, Downsizing, The Big Sick, Darkest Hour, Baby Driver, The Beguiled, Wonderstruck & Beauty and the Beast.

You think Baby Driver, The Beguiled, Wonderstruck, The Big Sick and BATB are ahead of the most acclaimed movie of the year with 3 very acclaimed performances? Sorry, but thats just fucking ridiculous that you would say that and makes it a little hard to take you seriously. Beasts of no nation got in with only 3 actors, and none of their performances got the type of reviews Hammer, Stuhlbarg, and particularly Chalamet is getting. I see no reason why it would have a problem getting in just because it’s a smaller cast.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

The new PTA film has had a name for a while now: Phantom Thread. It still says “Untitled PTA Film” in the prediction center

Phantom Thread is the principal photography placeholder name while the actual title has yet to be revealed.

Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

You think Baby Driver, The Beguiled, Wonderstruck, The Big Sick and BATB are ahead of the most acclaimed movie of the year with 3 very acclaimed performances? Sorry, but thats just fucking ridiculous that you would say that and makes it a little hard to take you seriously. Beasts of no nation got in with only 3 actors, and none of their performances got the type of reviews Hammer, Stuhlbarg, and particularly Chalamet is getting. I see no reason why it would have a problem getting in just because it’s a smaller cast.

Attacking me isn’t answering me. Name five actors who aren’t extras. 2018 is different to 2016, you can bet it will be harder for CMBYN than is was for BONN.

pulp50
    Participant
    Topics:

Attacking me isn’t answering me. Name five actors who aren’t extras. 2018 is different to 2016, you can bet it will be harder for CMBYN than is was for BONN.

Timothée Chalamet, Armie Hammer, Michael Stuhlbarg, Amira Casar, Esther Garrel, Victoire Du Bois, Vanda Capriolo, and Antonio Rimoldi

I wouldn’t attack you if you weren’t spewing nonsense

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

To those saying DDL is a lock for a nom, we haven’t even seen a trailer yet and he’s only ever been nominated for his baitiest roles, all in Best Picture nominees. Let’s wait and see how the new PTA movie goes down before calling him a lock.

CitizenBlake
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah CMBYN will have not much of a problem getting into ensemble. Chalamet, Hammer and Stuhlbarg aren’t the only people bringing it in this cast. I would even bank on Hammer and Stuhlbarg getting nominated concurrently.

Prideful
    Participant
    Topics:

It shouldn’t.

first of all, SAG loves to nominate any films ensemble that’s about race, politics, or LGBT. None of the one u mentioned except the post is about that. In fact the post should worry about finishing up and even making the SAG deadline otherwise it’ll get snubbed like Wolf of Wall Street, Inglorios Basterds, The Martian, and other examples.

Second, Dunkirk is probably getting stunt ensemble and that’s the only ensemble it’s getting. Last and only time a movie got stunt and acting ensemble was Les Miserable and many people got the soldiers mixed up In the movie to even notice who’s performance was good or what not or like every review stated, none of the acting really stands out. Least Les Miserable had Jackman and Hathaway getting individual notice to pull through to both. People cared about the acting on BATB, you could’ve used greatest Showman or something?

Third,  name 2 actors from each of those movies that got rave individual critical acclaim and are actual serious contenders for individual SAG nominations not ones that are trending in the 40s+ on this site or any other one. If ur going to say BONN has an easier time getting in with only 3 actors even nominated for the ensemble than CMBYN with more than 3 people u are clearly out of ur mind.

Fourth, iono what world ur living in, but CMBYN has been in the top 5 in practically every prediction and the most critically acclaimed movie of the year right now with more than 10+ review. It’s not some borderline 5th position where itd prob drop out a pre-cursor BP lineup. So it’s practically a safe posibility for a SAG ensemble. Unless ur telling me it’s going to miss BAFTA/PGA/CC/GG/Oscar BP lineup, which seems highly unlikely.

Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Good to see the CMBYN standom out in force.

Three Billboards is getting raves for McDormand, some even saying that it was better than SOW. The script keeps getting brought up too, so we might see a Lobster-like nomination for the screenplay and McDormand snubbed at the Oscars, but nominated at the GGs.

CitizenBlake
    Participant
    Topics:

Good to see the CMBYN standom out in force.

Deal with it bitch. 😉

Kwame
    Participant
    Topics:

In fact the post should worry about finishing up and even making the SAG deadline otherwise it’ll get snubbed like Wolf of Wall Street, Inglorios Basterds, The Martian, and other examples..

lol what are you on about? Basterds WON sag ensemble.

frankly I think it’s still early to tell if CMBYN will get in. Those of you using BoNN as an example should note that it was a Netflix movie and they have a movie coming out this year with an even bigger ensemble than  that movie had. Also, Three billboards just played at Venice and the cast is getting great notices.

Just saying CMBYN may not be the shoo-in y’all are making it out to be

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 591 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2018 Nominations: Part 3 (Make Your Predictions Now)’ is closed to new replies.